Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:24 (Ref:367644)   #26
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, shock horror indeed.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:36 (Ref:367656)   #27
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EERO made a good point there, I thought he chose this deal as opposed to staying at Sauber for 2001 on account of the long term chance after his career.

It'll be fascinating to see who takes up the second drive though if they don't buy Da Matta out, but I can't see even a high buyouy being too much for Toyota PLC, convincing the people high up to pay so much for the F1 team may be the problem.

Otherwise, who knows? Massa maybe? Webber? Irvine?
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:43 (Ref:367664)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide

It'll be fascinating to see who takes up the second drive though if they don't buy Da Matta out, but I can't see even a high buyouy being too much for Toyota PLC,
If Toyota really want De Matta then they will afford him no matter what! Historically though, the second year is always harder than the first, it would be a waste for both Toyota and De Matta imo, if they spend all that money and don't give him (and Panis) the car to do the job!
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:49 (Ref:367669)   #29
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I plumped for Pizzonia. Webber seems to have Jaguar in the bag - maybe he can sort a drive at Toyota...

Panis is the best tester in the business - it would be a good idea to get a wing gunner on board to keep the team on it's toes - Webber or Pizzonia would be ideal choices - young yet experienced racers...

If a team isn't performing, there are 2 immediate things to do. Sack your design team, or sack your drivers. Now Gustav Brunner can't be bad now, can he?
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:51 (Ref:367671)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Dispite being given the gooner, Allan McNish remains ever the gentleman

from www.autosport.com

McNish said: "I am very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to drive for Panasonic Toyota Racing this year. Ove [Andersson, team boss] and his team are an excellent group of people and I am enjoying working with them."
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:55 (Ref:367675)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm,

MmcNish has a good rep in sportscars and the ALMs championship is US based. Could he find favour with an American Sponsor/Owner?
Old 28 Aug 2002, 18:56 (Ref:367676)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, I'm linking his possible US popularity with the Arrows scenario.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 19:15 (Ref:367698)   #33
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bastinscully
feel soory for mcnish, he was matching salo for pace! how about Antonio Pizzonia he seems to be quick in the williams,
Could be right there, Antonio has been talking to Toyota according to this
Old 28 Aug 2002, 19:27 (Ref:367707)   #34
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallett: I agree. I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Alan, and Arrows might just be his saviour.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 19:58 (Ref:367736)   #35
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Mallett: I agree. I have a sneaking suspicion we haven't seen the last of Alan, and Arrows might just be his saviour.
spot on!
Or maybe Minardi.

Toyota is gunning for DaMatta. If the do not succeed, Pizzonia will step in. I think.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 20:03 (Ref:367741)   #36
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope. McNish won't be back. He's too old. Sorry to be callous, but life's **** and so's Formula One.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 20:27 (Ref:367759)   #37
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard a roumor a few weeks ago that Allan McNish would be second testdriver at McLaren?

I think it will be Pizzonia or Massa who takes the seconds seat, they want a young and talented driver, they both are. Briscoe is also an option, but I think he will be there in 2 years.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 20:37 (Ref:367765)   #38
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota should sign Irvine, they need to become less anonymous (if you know what I mean - no one really seems to notice them and they haven't really done much this year)
Old 28 Aug 2002, 20:51 (Ref:367774)   #39
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
I heard a roumor a few weeks ago that Allan McNish would be second testdriver at McLaren?

I think it will be Pizzonia or Massa who takes the seconds seat, they want a young and talented driver, they both are. Briscoe is also an option, but I think he will be there in 2 years.
Youre from the Netherlands (me too), so you should be rooting for Verstappen, not knowing who the hell Ryan Briscoe is and stop displaying any other knowledge of the sport itself in any other way

Just joking of course!
Old 28 Aug 2002, 22:22 (Ref:367809)   #40
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news for Panis, he deserves to be #1 in a team.

However, I feel very sorry for McNish who surely deserves another chance. His performances this year have been solid and hopefully Arrows or Minardi will pick him up.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 23:19 (Ref:367843)   #41
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Well, we have two spare seats at Minardi, at least one more each at Toyota, and Arrows, and Jaguar, and maybe even Jordan all depending on what Irvine will do next year, so the musical chairs have only just started. :confused:
Old 28 Aug 2002, 23:22 (Ref:367844)   #42
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by alesi95
Salo for Panis? Why bother they're the same person aren't they.
I thought so too. I don't think Panis will give Toyota anything that Salo or even McNish could not.

Who for the other seat? da Matta, Webber or Massa are the main guys left.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 01:20 (Ref:367901)   #43
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good riddance! i've always wanted Salo out!!
Old 29 Aug 2002, 01:26 (Ref:367904)   #44
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Strange comment

Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Good riddance! i've always wanted Salo out!!
Why? Didn't he move over fast enough at Ferrari to your liking?

I felt that he did a great job at Toyota.

Valve

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 29 Aug 2002 at 01:28.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 01:33 (Ref:367905)   #45
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Re: Strange comment

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

Why? Didn't he move over fast enough at Ferrari to your liking?

I felt that he did a great job at Toyota.

Valve
Anybody who drives the Ferrari would get the chance to secure podium finishes and the best he could do is 2nd. He did such a ****ty job when he was with Sauber and that embarrasing moment behind Webber the rookie at Australia
Old 29 Aug 2002, 02:05 (Ref:367916)   #46
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
In case you forgot - the best he could do second eventuated from a Toad order for him to move over. He sacrificed his one and only ever chance to win a GP that time. I must say that I could never understand why some forummers dislike Salo, although there was always this thing between him and Mika H.

Valve
Old 29 Aug 2002, 02:32 (Ref:367926)   #47
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
In 6 races for Ferrari, he only get to be 2nd and 3rd and in his debut race for the team he was one lap down (embarrassing if you ask me) and the rest not even in the points. Eddie was the regular driver at that time so it's best let him have the most points as Salo was only a replacement.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 02:53 (Ref:367931)   #48
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best he could do.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
best he could do is 2nd.
It's true that Salo has had some bad races, but let's be fair, the best he could do was win the 1999 German Grand Prix, but he agreed to give the win to Eddie.

Last edited by alfasud; 29 Aug 2002 at 02:55.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 03:43 (Ref:367949)   #49
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Well, we have two spare seats at Minardi, at least one more each at Toyota, and Arrows, and Jaguar, and maybe even Jordan all depending on what Irvine will do next year, so the musical chairs have only just started. :confused:
hey valve, may be the 'Webber to toyota' thread might be spot on after all! Mark would be not out of the question!

There was an artical on the jag/red-bull rumour & since Red Bull wants to have a USA driver in f1, this artical asked what would happen to Mark(apparently he "has the jag contract") if its true....

well the answer could be that he goes to toyota instead!

Last edited by ozrevhead; 29 Aug 2002 at 03:47.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 05:36 (Ref:367968)   #50
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Hey!! How about the American buyer for Arrows being none other than Red Bull?. That would put another arrow in Marks quiver. Anyway, AlanJones reckons he got the noews from Campese, and that guy goes off either half cocked, or uncocked. Whichever way they go, it seems the musical chairs could become one helluva run around.

Valve