Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 Dec 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3598314)   #11
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Maybe you should see it live with your own eyes before becoming convinced it's the far superior procedure! Not that it's perfect but it easily beats a SC 9 out of 10 times.
I have, as a competitor, on one of the best circuits in the world. It ONLY works on circuits where there are light panels. The majority of UK circuits do not have light panels.

Nor do they have timing loops every 100m to enable the timekeepers to accurately judge the speed of a competitor at ANY point on the circuit. Without this, there is absolutely NO proof of what speed a car is doing at any given point on the track. And a Marshal's opinion that a competitor is going faster that a given speed isn't of any use in determining the actual speed

And as mentioned in other posts, most cars on circuits do not have speedometers. And there isn't the time in the event's programme to lead all the competitors around behind a course car so they can see what revs equate to 60kph

If drivers (and I include an unfortunately large number of professionals in this, not just clubbies) actually understood the safety car procedures and FOLLOWED them, there would be no need for this flag anywhere... I have only ever seen one driver get the restart procedure right after a safety car when I've been driving the car....

And seeing as the FIA have revised appendix H of the ISC to include the use of Full Course Yellows, why does any race run under the FIA regulations need another flag?

My opinions, I know, but I have a race licence, an officials licence, and I drive Safety Cars...

Last edited by SWCRacing; 17 Dec 2015 at 09:06.