Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:25 (Ref:729671)   #1
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champion this weekend?

The Schuminator can be champion this weekend, if MS wins and Montoya finishes below sixth. Lets hope so!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:37 (Ref:729681)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And if the contrary happens ???
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:38 (Ref:729683)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget Kimi!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:38 (Ref:729685)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it is unlikely.

And I hope it goes to the final, whatever. A bit more excitement. then us racing fans have even more to enjoy?

I do think it is likely that kimi will be out after this round, but hopefully not. As far as title deciders and any kind of racing it is defiantly the more the merrier.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:51 (Ref:729692)   #5
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
I don't think Montoya will finish below sixth - he will be in the top 3 or push to hard and spin off. I think Kimi has left it to late, in that he has to really hope that MS & Monty make a complete hash of this weekend - highly unlikely. Having said that I believe Ferrari are on a roll and lets not forget Rubens who can tke points as well.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 12:56 (Ref:729696)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, if his car stays together...
Old 25 Sep 2003, 13:08 (Ref:729710)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr
I don't think Montoya will finish below sixth - he will be in the top 3 or push to hard and spin off.
He had changed and being very mature in the last races...
Old 25 Sep 2003, 13:53 (Ref:729754)   #8
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's going to be a very close battle to the finish and the pitstops will be very importent again.
And hopefuly Montoya will win with Kimi second and Schumi third.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 14:24 (Ref:729775)   #9
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Champion this weekend?

Quote:
Lets hope so!
Irrevant of whether your a TGDF fan or not woun't you prefer to see a thrilling climax at Suzuka rather than a HUGE anti-climax at Indy
Old 25 Sep 2003, 14:41 (Ref:729791)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think Kimi has left it to late, in that he has to really hope that MS & Monty make a complete hash of this weekend
It's not really Kimi's fault his challenge has weakened though. McLaren's strategy of itnroducing the 2003 car late has proved to be one of the great farces of our time, and they haven't been able to develop the 2002 car much further, even with Michelin's increased competitiveness since Monaco.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 15:02 (Ref:729802)   #11
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Re: Re: Champion this weekend?

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
...woun't you prefer to see a thrilling climax at Suzuka rather than a HUGE anti-climax at Indy
I want MS to nail it the sooner the better!

HUGE anti-climax at Indy? If MS wins WDC this weekend why would it be an anti-climax.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 15:18 (Ref:729816)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i hope ir goes till Suzuka with all 3 still having a ralistic chance of winning te WDC.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 15:21 (Ref:729819)   #13
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I want MS to nail it the sooner the better!

HUGE anti-climax at Indy? If MS wins WDC this weekend why would it be an anti-climax.
No offense, but that first sentence makes me want to bounce my head against a brick wall like this:

Most F1 fans want someone else to win rather than seeing a particular German win over and over and over again...
It's starting to become mightily boring...

It probably wouldn't be an anti-climax, just a major disappointment.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 25 Sep 2003 at 15:23.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 15:28 (Ref:729827)   #14
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Don't forget we are watching history in the making MS 6, 7 WDCs.
Something to tell Grand children: i.e. " I witnessed the master at work."
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:09 (Ref:729855)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ASCII Man, I understand you don't want Michael to win, but whatever happens - and I think it'll go to the wire - even if Michael does do it on Sunday, this has been one of the best championships I can remember! Surely the mere fact of Michael winning out in the end wouldn't neatralise that? Look at how much harder it's been!

And the best of it is we don't know yet - is this the twilight of the Ferrari/Schumacher era, to be followed up by the battles of the young guns in the Williams, Mclaren and Renault. Or is it just a blip - will Michael and Ferrari still be in the reckoning for a few more seasons to come?!

So, to the question in the title - Champion this weekend? No, I doubt it, in fact I think JPM will win Sunday, but if Michael DOES do it, I'll be celebrating!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:24 (Ref:729871)   #16
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want Michael to win the championship and as soon as possible but I doubt that it'll be this weekend. Montoya and Raikkonen are consistent high finishers so, reliability permitting, it will be decided in Japan. Mind you, in line with the excitement of the new changes, it would be just like Michael to win the title again in UK primetime on Sunday evening.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:31 (Ref:729880)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If TGF gets it this year he'd have earned it! Its been great though most of the outsiders will look at history and say "OH TGF 2003 WDC big deal nothing new!!!" I'm with you ASCII i hope someone else will win it. KIMI PLZ............. WIN THE WDC!
Old 25 Sep 2003, 16:44 (Ref:729893)   #18
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing is to want Michael to win, and the other is to want him to win as soon as possible. Is Jean Todt using Redblurr as his nickname in this board?
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:16 (Ref:729922)   #19
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ASCII Man
[B]Most F1 fans want someone else to win rather than seeing a particular German win over and over and over again...

I suppose your going to say next that it's good for F1 to have a new champion? Well it's there for the taking.
May the best man win.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:25 (Ref:729930)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quite frankly, F1 needs a new champion.

But if TGF wins the championship, i would be able to take some consolidation in the fact that it's been a nice and exciting year and from the looks of it will be even better next year with McLaren preparing an alleged 'Bomb' car eager to take on the Ferrari's, the Willy's, the Renault's, etcetera, etcetera.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:30 (Ref:729936)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm guessing that the "Formula One Script Management Division" has proscribed a battle down to the wire in Japan. They'll probably allow Kimi to be eliminated from the title hunt this weekend though.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 17:39 (Ref:729943)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

There are lots of TGF fans here that want him to win this year WDC.

There are lots of anti-TGF people that don't want him to win.

And there are the JPM and Kimi fans that prefer their drivers winning.

That's the way this forum goes. For me, it doesn´t matter who wins, but for the fun and the excitement, I would prefer that the final race decide it. And I will enjoy much more if it could be in the last lap, right in the chicaine, one trying to pass the other. Like in the goog old days.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:17 (Ref:730035)   #23
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldnt agree more with you on that one Bononi. Whoever wins the title there will be somebody thats disappointed! So lets just hope that we have a great race IN SUZUKA for the title.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 20:49 (Ref:730127)   #24
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote by ralf fan:

"If TGF gets 'it' this year, he'd have earned it!"

Yes, I agree, and I will pray for Kimi, for your sake, 'cos he's a brilliant driver in a **"pish car, this year anyways!

TGF is not beaten yet chums, and I agree - may the best man win.!!!

Last edited by Pitstop; 25 Sep 2003 at 20:52.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 21:24 (Ref:730179)   #25
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget it is possible for Williams to be champions on Sunday, although it will probably need both Ferrari's not to finish and a 1-2 for Williams.