8 Joey Hand 27 DSTP Motorsports 1:17.516
9 Marc DeVellis 67 Sierra Sierra Racing 1:17.649
10 Stephan C. Roy 16 P-1 Racing 1:17.865
11 Danica Patrick 24 Team Rahal 1:17.880
12 Alex Garcia 9 Transnet Racing 1:18.847
13 Kyle Krisiloff 13 US Grand Prix F1/Cameron Motorsports 1:19.093
14 Eric Jensen 2 Starwood Team Jensen 1:20.617
16 Philip Fayer 8 Starwood Team Jensen 1:25.337

Good to see AJ back where he belongs, he was quite impressive in practice and quali today. Ryan Dalzeil and his team have also made progress from Mexico. I'll be going for him in the race. Valiente has been off pace all weekend, but has always been much stronger in the race than qualifying, so he's definately a contender. Stephan C. Roy is in his first race with P1 Racing which finally got itself together for another season, hopefully they'll do a little better than 10th in future races.

Race is Sunday at 1:30 Eastern Time, Live on Speed Channel!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 13 Apr 2003, 04:01 (Ref:567828)   #2
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know what are John Fogarthy plans foor 2003? Did he hang up his helmet to work on his family's business?

Last edited by Muzza; 13 Apr 2003 at 04:06.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 04:31 (Ref:567833)   #3
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Philip Fayer might just be the biggest w@nker I have ever seen, in more ways than one.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 04:51 (Ref:567838)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know Frayer personally? or someone on his team? or at least one of his friends or family? If not, then don't call him a ****er! Why do you have to refer to every driver you don't like as a "****er"? (I should also point out to you that using symbols like @ goes against our few forum rules) He's obviously not entered in the series with the intention of becoming the next Senna or moving up. If you look at the histroy of the Toyota Atlantic Championship, there have always been a few rich guys in it for the fun of it. Looking at the media guide, between 1995 and 2001 Bob Siska, who turned 60 last December ran 44 Toyota Atlantic races and never finished higher than 24th in the Championship. I say, good for him!

Last I heard Fogarty was trying to put together another Atlantic ride. You'd think there's be a business out there that would want to support him...but guess not.

Last edited by Jay; 13 Apr 2003 at 04:53.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 13 Apr 2003, 06:15 (Ref:567853)   #5
corkholio
Veteran

He was 9 secs off the pace, even 4+ off of his teammate Eric Jensen who was slower than both Siska and DeWayne Cassel at Cleveland last year.

The fact that he is rich doesn't exempt him from w-nker status. Hell I like Siska, but he is still a w-nker because he was a damn slow moving chicane (just ask Grant Ryley).
Old 13 Apr 2003, 06:19 (Ref:567855)   #6
corkholio
Veteran

Justus would be starting on the front row since he got pole on Friday.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 16:05 (Ref:568239)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Do you call everyone you don't like a ****er? Seriously though, would you say that to these guys faces? If not, you should be quite as you'd be surprised how many drivers lurk here.

Yeah, I forgot about that silly qualifying rule, Justus will start 2nd..I doubt he'll be there long though.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 17:20 (Ref:568275)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not like Fayer's taking a seat away from a deserving driver... He may well be paying a majority of the team's budget.

Jay... Fogarty came in as a pay driver... So until he's a champion, and probably even after that, any team is going to expect him to pay to race.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 13 Apr 2003 at 17:29.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:04 (Ref:568315)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Just watching the race, am I the only one getting sick of the media and hte organizers making it "The Danica Patrick" show, she's nothing special yet she's treated like the next Senna...

true about pay drivers Lee... I think a driver would be wiser to take up another profession than become a full time pay driver. Getting sponsorship is one thing, paying for it out of pocket is another...
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:06 (Ref:568318)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
'The next miss Senna' into the tyres on her own...lol. At least now they might pay attention to the rest of the field.

Allmendinger's having an amazing race as is Justus who's really surprising me. Although, I'm hoping Macri can get by. Valiente's been pretty quiet... guess he's just going for the points.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:12 (Ref:568329)   #11
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Well, Danica's certainly got talent. How much... The jury's still out. But clearly, it's a case of marketing over substance. There's an ongoing discussion in the Single Seaters forum about female drivers...

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 13 Apr 2003 at 18:13.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:17 (Ref:568335)   #12
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here I go again... Wanna an American racing girl? Sara Senske, Sara Senske, Sara Senske.

Danica has a got a lot of, erm, green support behind her. Her dad has close links with Ford.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:24 (Ref:568343)   #13
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Yeah, that's true. Danica will eventually be in Cart or the IRL, but it won't be because of talent or results. She's a marketing department's dream.

Great race by Allmendinger though! Hopefully some American companies will back him in a Cart ride next year or 2005.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:27 (Ref:568351)   #14
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Would be nice, but they probably won't. This Russel guy who owns the RuSport team says he wants to get into the Champcars, though, so who knows...
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:47 (Ref:568379)   #15
corkholio
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Do you call everyone you don't like a ****er? Seriously though, would you say that to these guys faces? If not, you should be quite as you'd be surprised how many drivers lurk here.
Do you have trouble reading or something? I said I liked Siska but he is still a w-nker because he is slow. If he asked, sure I would tell him. If he can't take it then he should start hauling @$$.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Yeah, I forgot about that silly qualifying rule, Justus will start 2nd..I doubt he'll be there long though.
As usual, wrong again. He stayed there the whole race.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Yeah, that's true. Danica will eventually be in Cart or the IRL, but it won't be because of talent or results. She's a marketing department's dream.
I don't know what your beef with her is. Yet you have absolutely no problem, hell, you even got all excited over guys (Yoong, Gonzalez, Camathias, Lavin) who never got any results in feeder series competition, who are there only because of money. You ***** and moan about me calling a guy light years off the pace a w-nker but you call her "The Next Miss Senna"? Now you suddenly have a problem with someone moving up the ladder because of green backs? Why? Does it have something to do with the fact it's a she?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 19:01 (Ref:568398)   #16
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I suppose you consider me a ****er too...

I gave Justus credit above. Sorry, I'm a big Dalziel supporter, he's an incredibly nice guy and a hell of a racer. A shame he made a mistake today. Same with Macri, who came through the Canadian Formula Ford Championship. I thought he could have put a bit more pressure on Justus.

I have no problem with any of the drivers mentioned in this thread, BUT I DO HAVE a BIG problem with you referring to people you've never met and know little about as a "w*nker". It's extremely insulting to the driver in question and does not leave a very good impression of yourself either. Unless you're willing to walk right up to the driver in question and call him a ****er to his face then I think you should cease it on this forum as well.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 19:42 (Ref:568423)   #17
corkholio
Veteran

And I assume you would go up to Danica and call her "The Next Miss Senna"?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 20:35 (Ref:568459)   #18
Lee Janotta
Veteran

He's got a point Jay. It's rather hypocrital to rag on Danica, and then ***** at corkholio for ragging on guys who, decent men they may be, don't even look like they could drive a city bus.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 02:30 (Ref:568686)   #19
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
corkholio, I'd have no problem raising the issue of the extra attention Danica gets because of her sex with her, in fact, I just might do that and I'll let you know of her response!

As I said in another thread, I have no problem with her driving. She's a very capable Atlantic driver, but at the same time she hasn't done anything at all to deserve the level of attention she's getting from the media. For the most part she's been a mid-fielder this year, while many guys that are looking more promising at the front are completely ignored by the media. That I have a problem with.

The drivers you guys slag on get little to no attention by the media. Nobody said they were great drivers. In fact, they're barely capable. But, the economy is in bad shape and there aren't very many guys that have the money to go racing. So, right now as long as their safe drivers and get out of the way for the front runners I'm very happy for every driver that can make the grid in Cart, Atlantic or just about any other series. If it weren't for these guys you call '****ers' Cart would be in even deeper trouble this year!
Old 14 Apr 2003, 05:50 (Ref:568761)   #20
corkholio
Veteran

Don't forget if it wasn't for Danica there would be one less car in Atlantics this year too. It's not like the extra media hype is a bad thing either since the front runners from Atlantics haven't gotten the attention the last few years anyway.

You argument that it's OK just for you to slag her because she gets more attention than she deserve is flawed. I call certain unqualified drivers w-nkers for the reason that they have shown nothing in support series to indicate that they can drive a taxi cab, let alone a Champ Car. Yoong crashed today. Lavin w-nked around and not only did he stuff it again, he took out a competitive car in Moreno. Lemarie's spin prevented Tracy from racing Jourdain for the lead.

So why is it OK for you to bash someone who gets extra media attention while its not OK to bash someone for being a moving chicane? So are you saying the media attention in a CART feeder series is a much more important issue than driver qualifications?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:33 (Ref:569048)   #21
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I'm not bashing Danica, reread my posts above. I said she was a "a very capable Atlantic driver". Which is very true, and she deserves the seat as much as anyone else.

I complain about the fact that the racing media have turned each Toyota Atlantic race into 'Danica vs the field'. There are rookies (such as Allmendinger) in that series showing a lot more promise than her that are almost completely overlooked.

I also haven't personally insulted Danica the way you do every driver you don't like. Calling them "wnkers" I find completely inappropriate, as it's a personal insult and has nothing to do with their driving. If you want to say they can't drive for beans or their driving is ****, fine! But if you're just going to insult them on a personal level, I don't even think you should bother to post.