Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2004, 13:17 (Ref:1175265)   #1
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
5 year deal for British Grand Prix

According to the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/4073569.stm

Silverstone has agreed a Five year deal to run the British Grand Prix. Finally lets hope this puts an end to the annual fighting
Old 9 Dec 2004, 13:45 (Ref:1175303)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!

Bloody Marvellous.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1175307)   #3
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie will be after more money this time next year. The sooner he gets finished off the better for everyone.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1175325)   #4
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At long last!

Well done the BRDC, I'm glad they held out and got their 5 year deal.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1175330)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A five year deal is good - and it's good protection for the future.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1175336)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5 years also goes past the end of the Concorde Agreement, which is one of the things BE is most interested in.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 14:49 (Ref:1175344)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done... atleast we wont be coming on here in the next five years worrying about the British Gp..
Old 9 Dec 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1175352)   #8
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's great news £1500 short now
Old 9 Dec 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1175415)   #9
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe not a venue of amenities but much needed to preserve what little tradition still exists in F1.

And besides it has hosted some decent races the last few years. Who cares if Bernard doesn't like the car parks and loos.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1175461)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Superb! When are the tickets on sale?!?

Old 9 Dec 2004, 18:03 (Ref:1175484)   #11
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent, looking forward to it already!
Old 9 Dec 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1175514)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know, there's some small debate over the date - but it's expected to be July 10 - and the calendar is out tomorrow.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1175579)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's July 3rd i thought.....
Old 9 Dec 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1175581)   #14
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hence why theres a debate about the date!! I've heard both days mentioned, although volunteered for the 1/2/3 July when filled in my marshalling form.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1175608)   #15
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the date does change to the 10th, then I can volunteer to marshal it - week before and I'm already committed elsewhere (Rockingham for SCSA).

Good new though, Silverstone can now get on with the development work and keep Bernie slightly less peed off with them

Al.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:11 (Ref:1175611)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Is this one of those five year deals that will somehow need "renewed" this time next year? With a cash settlement?
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1175615)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

No.

It's a binding arrangement.

As has been said all along - there was never not going to be a British Grand Prix.

Bernie wanted a British Grand Prix on the calendar all along.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:22 (Ref:1175636)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, we've got it now, so i'll stop complaining.

Time to start scrimping and saving.......I can't wait!
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1175639)   #19
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be some thing to attend wouldn't it?
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:27 (Ref:1175647)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

If you've been to a GP, you'll know how addictive the atmosphere is. It doesn't get out of the system.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1175654)   #21
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't agree with that mate, I've marsahalled @ over 40 G.P's around the world & can say that the British is the worst, I missed this years & wont go there in 05 either.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:34 (Ref:1175658)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Maybe you'd like to explain to us why you feel that's the case, Fat Clerk?
Old 9 Dec 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1175685)   #23
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only been to Magny Cours other than Silverstone for a GP, and, featureless though the French track is, the atmosphere was far better than at Silverstone. Could have been because I was young and intimidated by thousands of foreign-speakers, but still.

Great news about Silverstone, now they need to hike down the prices.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 22:05 (Ref:1175688)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Why do they need to hike down the prices?

It's always a sell-out crowd.

Supply and demand.
Old 9 Dec 2004, 22:09 (Ref:1175696)   #25
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, " I'd rather the prices were lowered, to bring it in line with most overseas GPs. "