Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Nov 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2077866)   #201
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Then , it sounds like a Lola to me . There are no 1 year old Zytek or Radical available . ALL the SR9 are at least 2 years old and the 1 year old Zytek's are all in ownership .
DSC mentioned yesterday in a piece on a visit to Radical that 'There will be news on progress of the LMP2 programme' and illustrated this with a pic of 'a chassis awaiting its destiny, right'

Could that be what GT-Eins was hinting at in 'It is yet not clear whether they buy a new car or a one year old' Maybe a choice between a year-old Lola or a new Radical?. Alternatively, could the chassis in the DSC pic be destined for a new Radical customer, or a even a second Bruichladdich car?

They also mentioned some surprise news- Radical are planning to have the SR9 crash tested to LMP1 standard....
Old 29 Nov 2007, 11:05 (Ref:2077868)   #202
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
This Zytek has been bought by Trading Perfromance and will race in LMS
...but the ex-Fernandez Lola was recently being advertised in Autosport. That would fit the Badger's theory of Kruse running a year-old Lola quite nicely....
Old 29 Nov 2007, 11:15 (Ref:2077873)   #203
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The Binnie chassis might be available , but thats at least 3 years old now i think ?
Old 29 Nov 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2077875)   #204
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
...but the ex-Fernandez Lola was recently being advertised in Autosport. That would fit the Badger's theory of Kruse running a year-old Lola quite nicely....
It was the Lola I was thinking about - fits the bill in being one year old, for sale, and British.

I would stress I'd guess this was a rolling chassis deal and in no way a suggestion that it's be Acura powered (can't recall how specific the advert in Autosport was regarding this).
Old 29 Nov 2007, 21:04 (Ref:2078205)   #205
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I was just thinking that the ex-Horag Lista Lola would be a well sorted and reliable car for them to get their hands on , and they know the engine too .
Also in that is the statement that the Horag/Lista car may be available for lease? Which is in the article at GT-Eins on Horag getting ready to test the Spyder that they already have (along with Verschuur 3 weeks ago?) in mid December in preperation for Sebring.

L.P.
Old 29 Nov 2007, 21:52 (Ref:2078232)   #206
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the Lista car only raced at PLM/Laguna in 06 as far as I can recall. So it basically has less hrs, probably, than the Fernandez car ( Lista is chassis HU06 and Fernandez is HU07) with all the extra testing and the mock 12hr race that the Fernandez car got. If not, it is close enough to make it a moot point.

L.P.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 14:42 (Ref:2078731)   #207
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I can't wait for next year LMS championship with at least two R10 TDI and two 908 HDI taking part to it !!!!!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 14:52 (Ref:2078740)   #208
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
Now I can't wait for next year LMS championship with at least two R10 TDI and two 908 HDI taking part to it !!!!!
There is a big "maybe" in the annoucement of Audi today.
Quote:
"Stable regulations with the clear positioning of the LM P1 sportscar as top category and good TV marketing in Europe are conditions for Audi’s factory involvement in both of the Le Mans series,” explains Head of Audi Motorsport Dr Wolfgang Ullrich.
I think the clear positioning of LMP1 is satisfied in Europe, so it will depend on the marketing package of LMS.

Last edited by gwyllion; 30 Nov 2007 at 14:56.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:36 (Ref:2078776)   #209
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's a link to Audi's announcement for participation in LMS:

http://www.planetlemans.co.uk/cmsv2/...=3478&Itemid=2

DK
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:42 (Ref:2078780)   #210
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Of course, this was already mentioned in http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...04#post2078704
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:48 (Ref:2078786)   #211
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Of course, this was already mentioned in http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...04#post2078704
Just trying to spread the good news in as many places as possible!!

Then plan on going out to cellebrate:

DK
Old 30 Nov 2007, 17:35 (Ref:2078874)   #212
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
Just trying to spread the good news in as many places as possible!!

Then plan on going out to cellebrate:

DK
celebrate what? they havnt confimed they are entering the LMS yet, just that there is a strong possibility.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2078919)   #213
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I think it is pretty much a done deal as he has actually stated that they will given the provisio's. If I recall correctly last year he did not say they would run in the LMS but stated why they wouldn't was the T.V. package. I know it is splitting hairs but that seems to be the modus operandi, as I have observed it.

L.P.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2078924)   #214
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Great news!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2078961)   #215
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I think it is pretty much a done deal...........
Totally agree, done deal in my opinion. It's just a bit of posturing and bluster aimed squarely at the IMSA on your side of the Pond and PP on ours. They'll be there, I have no doubts whatsoever.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 21:26 (Ref:2079009)   #216
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
celebrate what? they havnt confimed they are entering the LMS yet, just that there is a strong possibility.
Hey, I can go out and celebrate if I want to! Any excuse will do!

DK
Old 1 Dec 2007, 07:09 (Ref:2079201)   #217
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Sorry to be sceptical but I think they said a very similar thing and it never materialised. Lets hope it happens this time
Old 1 Dec 2007, 15:44 (Ref:2079372)   #218
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
I think it is pretty much a done deal as he has actually stated that they will given the provisio's. If I recall correctly last year he did not say they would run in the LMS but stated why they wouldn't was the T.V. package. I know it is splitting hairs but that seems to be the modus operandi, as I have observed it.

L.P.

But WHAT ACO must do to improve media of the LMS, especially less than one year before the start of the new season ????

To me overall medias are simply not interested in other motorsport than F1 and I don't see that changing next year
Old 1 Dec 2007, 23:27 (Ref:2079575)   #219
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If I remember rightly a deal with Motors for 2008 has already been done, so for next year all that can really be done is shuffle things around. It should still be possible to secure some national deals (highlight packages etc) and also it might be a case of the production of the coverage raising its game somewhat i.e. more in car cameras, more pit lane reporters, slicker direction. That wouldn't necessarily raise viewership figures for next year but would help show Audi (and everyone else) that the organisers were taking the TV package seriously.

A lot of this makes me think that in many ways the LMS may well be still paying the price for the somewhat flakey TV package there was in 2006...
Old 1 Dec 2007, 23:45 (Ref:2079581)   #220
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
But WHAT ACO must do to improve media of the LMS, especially less than one year before the start of the new season ????

To me overall medias are simply not interested in other motorsport than F1 and I don't see that changing next year
This isn't about getting the LMS into national papers and what not, it's about bringing it upto the level of the DTM, WTCC, WRC.

Even F1 isn't followed much in the mainstream media, other than the odd driver, i.e. Mansell, Hill and now Hamilton.

The ALMS, IRL and Champ Car in the US are totally invisble compared to NASCAR.

It's all about targeting the car/motorsport enthusiast, then using the likes of the 908 and R10 in TV, radio, newspaper ad's to promote the brand/associate sponsors, as we've seen this year.

Re. the TV coverage, Motors TV does a good job for the enthusiast, what we need are highlights on free to view stations.

Motors TV do need to improve their coverage however, they need to be onsite for the European events at least, just like the Speed TV guys in the ALMS, it adds so much to the broadcast. The coverage itself can also be spiced up with more lifestyle features during the broadcasts to freshen things up.

Endurance Mag already covers this sort of thing, so there's no reason why some of this coverage could no be slotted into the race broadcasts.

Finally they need to link up officially with someone like DSC or Endurance Info.

Oh, and of course we need RLM!
Old 2 Dec 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2079985)   #221
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, we need highlights on a free to air broadcaster. Or even just a live webstream of the races ...