Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Mar 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3214059)   #26
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going with a few friends for my first ever trip to Spa which I have been meaning to do since ~1985.

Very much looking forward to it, of course.

We are in the Racing Hotel, which sounds 'interesting' in its own right. Tripadvisor reviews are 1 each Excellent, Very Good and Average, 2 Poor and 7 Terrible.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3214519)   #27
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
First night at Spa, 2007, I lucked into a room there. Or so I thought.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the idea of sleeping there, but don't expect much sleep!
Bare stairs, and LOTS of folks moving at all hours.
At least it's not far from bar to bed!
Old 5 Mar 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3214663)   #28
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I blind or something, I don't see the 6 hours of Spa on the FIA WEC website any more... Here: http://www.fiawec.com/races.html?y=2013
Old 5 Mar 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3214666)   #29
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Am I blind or something, I don't see the 6 hours of Spa on the FIA WEC website any more... Here: http://www.fiawec.com/races.html?y=2013
It's still in the races dropdown but as a website it really needs a lot of work.

Spa page is a mess: http://www.fiawec.com/races/6-hours-...corchamps.html
Old 5 Mar 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3214669)   #30
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's still in the races dropdown but as a website it really needs a lot of work.

Spa page is a mess: http://www.fiawec.com/races/6-hours-...corchamps.html
Ah ok, I was surprised that I couldn't find it on the main website for the WEC .
Old 5 Mar 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3214698)   #31
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
This one looks better: http://www.spafiawec.be/

And actually has the timeschedule already on it!
Old 8 Mar 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3215901)   #32
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bought my ticket this morning.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3217055)   #33
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just booked Hotel Le Soyeuru for the WEC weekend. Has anyone stayed there before? Recommendable?
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3234495)   #34
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
A few things left to arrange, but tickets and campsite will be booked tomorrow or wednesday I think.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3234506)   #35
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If anyone's interested I've just let a room I had held at Domaine de Hautes Fagnes in Waimes for Thursday/Friday night go.

No idea how long it'll take to percolate back onto various booking sites but given hotels seem to be a little at a premium thought it might be of some interest to folk on here.

Very much still going - have just juggled plans a little bit which means this reservation is surplus to requirements.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3234881)   #36
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
JMW964 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will be there for the practice as well as the race. No accomodation needed as this is my home track. Just 45 minutes to drive there.

I have never been to the WEC event (1000km or 6h) but I am quite used to the 24h facilities. IMHO, the easiest campsite is at the track itself. Do not expect well equiped facilities however, but showers are available inside the paddock, as far as I remember. And after all, you will most likely stay for two days, maximum three.

From the different hotels and campings you mention, it can be quite helpfull to use secundary roads to get to the track. If you can, avoid the "Francorchamps" exit of the highway, which is used by the majority. Prefer the next one coming from Verviers, which is called "Malmedy". This can save a lot of time.
Old 1 May 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3241428)   #37
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
Hi there,
Any of you interrested in a meet and greet in Spa?
Cheers,
JM
Old 2 May 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3241830)   #38
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Will be there with Nobby Behind the new Pit Building , Staircase 4 ca 12am ???
Old 2 May 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3241843)   #39
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there and I can't wait! Been looking forward to this for weeks now. Not so much because it's WEC, Spa-Francorchamps, it's not even my first race of the year, but because I'm going with one of my racing buddies.
Old 2 May 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3241887)   #40
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
Deal. Noon behind the new pits building. Just to make sure : noon tomorrow? You did not precise! I will wear a Porsche Martini cap.
See you tomorrow. Of course, everybody is welcome.
Old 7 May 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3243879)   #41
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a follow up to my earlier post, I really enjoyed the trip, fantastic circuit, great hotel, good beer, good weather.

Somewhat mystifed by the lack of any decent support races, but the good beer came in handy again at those times.

Thinking of pencilling it all in as a 'must do', along with Le Mans, and even planning a trip to the Grand Prix there in August, although actually that is to placate the other half....
Old 8 May 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3244301)   #42
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Go do the Spa 24, you won't regret it. Better than the GP!
Old 8 May 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3244307)   #43
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Go do the Spa 24, you won't regret it. Better than the GP!
Old 8 May 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3244321)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doing Le Mans and then the Spa 24 is my big objective for 2014.