Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Nov 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3780599)   #26
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
AF Corse are a global team
Global team, not Asian.

Is Sarrazin going to show up with his LMP3? Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3784459)   #27
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AsianLMS Practice 1 at Fuji right now

https://livetiming.getraceresults.co...screen-results
Old 1 Dec 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3784487)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TKS in LMP3 with a Ginetta. Should be interesting to see how that goes. The AAI Mercedes has become a Ferrari too.

Unfortunately the entry list hasn't seen the growth we hoped for round 2.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3784584)   #29
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Unfortunately the entry list hasn't seen the growth we hoped for round 2.
GT3 entry list is disappointing. The bigger the hat, the smaller the property.
Old 4 Dec 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3785107)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess there was a race this past weekend but you know I just realized something... there are zero, absolute zero chassis racing in this series that are eligible for 24 hours now. Even when ASLMS had 6 (!) car grid couple of years ago there were couple of cars that could've run at LM
Old 5 Dec 2017, 09:54 (Ref:3785209)   #31
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I guess there was a race this past weekend but you know I just realized something... there are zero, absolute zero chassis racing in this series that are eligible for 24 hours now. Even when ASLMS had 6 (!) car grid couple of years ago there were couple of cars that could've run at LM
Well the Oreca 05 and Ferrari 488 GT3 chassis' are eligible, as long as they put the Oreca 07 respectively GTE parts on the car.

But yeah, I agree. Kinda weird for a LE MANS Series to have zero eligible cars (in their current form) for the big race.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3785228)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Le Mans Cup and Road to Le Mans also have no eligible cars. GT4 Euro Series has no cars that can run in Blancpain. This is what feeder series are for.
Old 5 Dec 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3785267)   #33
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, renting/leasing a car for one race shouldn't be a major problem...
Old 8 Dec 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3785908)   #34
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

We will see ASLMS opening a TCR category soon! It fits the championship spirit.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 05:00 (Ref:3792409)   #35
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Just to let people know, the Buriram 6 Hours will get underway in several hours' time.

Based on the timing, it must be an evening into darkness race there in Thailand.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3792432)   #36
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Just to let people know, the Buriram 6 Hours will get underway in several hours' time.

Based on the timing, it must be an evening into darkness race there in Thailand.
It would be nice if there had been an event timetable anywhere on the official website, or anywhere on the circuit's website.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3792462)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Unfortunately the schedule wasn't posted stand alone, but bundled in a news post at the bottom here:

http://www.asianlemansseries.com/new...y-in-thailand/
Old 13 Jan 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3792496)   #38
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This time, it was a boring race. The Orecas of JCR are fast and all drivers are equal or at least better balanced. The the BTT team have Derani with his magic, but the car is slower and the other two drivers are not at the level of Derani.

If this series can't attract more cars, and show better racing, I don't know how it could survive.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3792706)   #39
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
If this series can't attract more cars, and show better racing, I don't know how it could survive.
Meh, they probably would just keep carrying on no matter what, to keep that "pyramid of endurance" ideology alive. Remember that race in South Korea few years ago when they showed up with 6 cars starting in 3 classes

I wonder if the ASLMS Sepang Sprint series could be dead though (??? ??? ???)

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Jan 2018 at 17:51.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3792733)   #40
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Sometimes you do just have to keep taking cracks at it, until the roots can take hold and something grows.

It certainly isn't a bad move, that for these past two rounds, they've had the full race with commentary done in English, in Japanese (for Fuji), and Thai (for Buriram), with those full race videos being hosted on the series' official YouTube channel.

On a side note, I do find it kind of strange that in racing, and frankly, the news generally, they ignore the region's third most populous country (4th in the world): Indonesia.

And yes, that grid at Inje was sad, but I'd certainly like to see more racing from that track.

Whatever the reasons, I'm glad they didn't go to Zhejiang this season; for a grid of much size at all, let alone multiple classes, that venue just isn't a great choice.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3792735)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I can't imagine anything bigger than GT3 around Zhejiang really. It's an awesome little track, but LMP Traffic around it would just be a mess.
Old 14 Jan 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3792741)   #42
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
One of the problems I see is the huge dominance of JDC racing team. Other teams have drivers doing 4 seconds slower lap times. Even with Derani driving, BTT team needs to wait for problems of JDC to have some hope to win a race. There are P3 cars going faster than some P2 teams.
Old 20 Jan 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3793900)   #43
matte22
Rookie

matte22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/s...e-ligier-lmp2/

So this article states Larbre will enter a GTE-AM type car for next season?
Where's the confirmation that GTE-AM cars will be allowed to participate in AsLMS?

I can recall this article made a few years back on a timeline allowing GTE cars to participate in the regional LMS series, but the article is not accurate in GTE's current guise.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...ey-points.html
Old 20 Jan 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3794070)   #44
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
There are P3 cars going faster than some P2 teams.
It shows the poor level of the competition as well as the lack of interest.

There's a weak link in every chain. And it's just a matter of time before this one snaps.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 00:59 (Ref:3794214)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think they could help out this series if they let Super GT teams race their GT300 cars. I don't know how many takers would be up for that but it doesn't help the prototype class.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3794297)   #46
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would that even attract much attention? Most of the GT300s are FIA GT3 spec, so they could run them even now.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3794314)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think they could help out this series if they let Super GT teams race their GT300 cars. I don't know how many takers would be up for that but it doesn't help the prototype class.
I think they've been allowed for years now for the 'merged' GT (GTE/GT3/GT300) class but no-one wants to enter it except GT3, and even they are now rejecting it
Old 22 Jan 2018, 23:40 (Ref:3794418)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Would that even attract much attention? Most of the GT300s are FIA GT3 spec, so they could run them even now.
I don't know if they allow JAF GT300's like the mother chassis cars and the Subaru etc.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3797898)   #49
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
First Practice at the beautiful Sepang circuit

It looks like one of the other Ligier car is going faster this time, and not only the BBT car.

Live timing

https://livetiming.getraceresults.co...screen-results
Old 3 Feb 2018, 02:03 (Ref:3797907)   #50
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
How much I enjoy seeing Pipo Derani drive. That guy is amazing.