Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Oct 2000, 12:09 (Ref:44701)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone else heading down to Adelaide on New Years Eve for the Le Mans 24 hr race around the original F1 track. My Dad has been invited as a consultant to the Clerk of Course, but I am going with a group of mates to sit in a grand stand get ****ed then go to the officials after race party and get absolutely smashed for free.

What does everyone think of the race anyway?
Old 25 Oct 2000, 12:47 (Ref:44710)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was planning on going down for it, but costs and other things have prevented me from making it this year. It does like it'll be a good race though.
Old 25 Oct 2000, 13:35 (Ref:44717)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sadly I wont be able to make it due to a lack of finances ..but I do think it will be great and I hope channel ten show it on the tele.

one correction though ..it isnt a 24hr race it is only a 6hr race finishing at 10pm and then PARTY TIME for new years

wish I could be there but hope ya have a ball anyway
Old 25 Oct 2000, 13:55 (Ref:44718)   #4
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey it won't worry me if it keeps going forever, I am going to be smashed and am not going to have any idea about what is going on around me. But I will roar when everyone else does. I will cry when I realise that I want to be out there driving not just sitting watching hoping for a big name sponsor. hehehe But it should be fantastic, I have never been to a motor racing event as a spectator. I have always been either pit crew, an official, or a competitor. It should be fun. Especially as I get free alcohol after the race. Alright.
Old 25 Oct 2000, 15:11 (Ref:44729)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it's ok for some!! (Long way from here)

So you guys will now get to know what it's actually like going to Le Mans!! However, no french police to dodge whilst trying to get to the Mulsanne... nor any mad dash back to the channel in a desperate bid to get the ferry back to Blightly!!

It actually sounds good that there'll be no cars making the headache worse in the morning... I remember the Marcos rumbling round at 6 in the morning back in 1995, it hurt..

Old 25 Oct 2000, 22:38 (Ref:44798)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to go, and probably could go down with a Sport Sedan team, but i guess I'll have to wait wait wait and see...