Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:39 (Ref:729038)   #1
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Favorite Le Mans Series

Just thought of a new topic and it is "What was/is your favorite Le Mans based series?" Well, for me it would be the ALMS because it is the only seies I have seen in my time, other than that **** Grand AM stuff. I wish I would have know about Le Mans ealier than I did to have seen the IMSA GTP, WSC (is that it, WSC), or the CanAm series. What is yours?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:47 (Ref:729043)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My answer is, I guess, way too simplistic. I've never been to a Le Mans-based series race. But I have been to Le Mans 18 times.......
Old 24 Sep 2003, 19:48 (Ref:729045)   #3
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well i have seen both the ALMS and FIA GT series on TV and i must say up until this year the FIA GT series has had vetter acing because more cars were on the pace but the ferrari/corvette battle has been really good and the viper,vette battle back in 2000 was good and since i only get highlights of the FIA GT series at the end of the year on Speed Channel i have to say the ALMS. but if i got like highlights of the FIA GT race on that same weekend the races were held i'd probably have to say the FIA GT get's the nod because really i'm not interested in the prototypes
Old 25 Sep 2003, 06:02 (Ref:729387)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
My favourite is the next one ! Past is past, each year gave its own pleasure, but I'm always more excited by the one to come...
Old 25 Sep 2003, 13:14 (Ref:729715)   #5
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
My answer is, I guess, way too simplistic. I've never been to a Le Mans-based series race. But I have been to Le Mans 18 times.......
I agree - there is no comparison.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 13:28 (Ref:729726)   #6
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The coming LMES looks like it can be a new favourite given that it gets a proper number of competitors and don't turn out to become another flop like the ELMS (=two prototypes and ten Porsche GT3RS, not that I have anything against the GT3s but for varietys sake...). But with full ACO backing nad also very nice tracks should be able to atract many teams.

But until LMES starts the favourite series will have to be FIA GT. Mainly because you can follow the races live on the web at least. ALMS is only broadcast here on Eurosports crappy highlights show the week after the race.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 18:53 (Ref:730008)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can-Am....very innovative with lots of fast, loud cars plus the involvement of major manufacturers as wll as the smaller, independent builders....their fields in the late 60s and early 70s had over 30 prototypes in them on a regular basis....

but the cost of racing and the high degree of aero technology involved today makes such a series just a pleasant memory....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 Sep 2003, 07:03 (Ref:730480)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There is only one LeMans. However if I have to pick oneof the series then it would be ALMS although probably LMEs will take over once it starts. Whilst I like FIA GT, I prefer the multi class races which always have something interesting to watch and historically is part of what sportscar racing is all about.