Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Aug 2009, 04:38 (Ref:2522753)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'09 LMS Round 4 • Nürburgring, August 21st - 23rd

....... 1,000KM du Nürburgring
........... August 21st – 23rd 2009

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Live Timing & Scoring
Hindy @ RLM or Player link
LMS site
Spotters Guide
Satellite
Weather
World Times

Qualifying Sat. August 22nd at 1:40pm/13:40 local CEST (GMT+2)

L.P.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2523143)   #2
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New guy in an AM, Chris Buncombe. Should be AM vs. Pesca vs. Sebah vs. Ginetta hopefully.

Somebody kill GT1 already. It's a shame seeing great teams like Larbre and Luc Alphand racing parades all year long.

Hopefully the Porsches won't take themselves out so we can have a decent 5-way GT2 battle.

Ain't August great this year?!?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2523161)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
New guy in an AM, Chris Buncombe. Should be AM vs. Pesca vs. Sebah vs. Ginetta hopefully.

Somebody kill GT1 already. It's a shame seeing great teams like Larbre and Luc Alphand racing parades all year long.

Hopefully the Porsches won't take themselves out so we can have a decent 5-way GT2 battle.

Ain't August great this year?!?

While Chris Buncombe might be new to the AM, he is not new to the series. He was with Binnie last I recall.

L.P.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2523244)   #4
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's not a twisty enough circuit for the Ginetta-Zytek's to mount a challenge, I don't think. They were at their best at Barcelona.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2523291)   #5
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And with 3 Aston Martin on the track it will be a tough nut to crack for Pescarolo... and remembering of last year they struggled a little
bit with the set-up of their cars.

Old 17 Aug 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2523354)   #6
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are the kolles audi's likely to be any quicker here than they have been?
I havent really paid much attention to them but i would've thought they'd perform a little better.
I know without the works team running them they would never be as fast but still!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2523365)   #7
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Buncombe is a pretty good shoe, deserves a shot with the Astons. Will Felbermeyer and IMSA Performance be allowed to race?

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2523657)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
I havent really paid much attention to them but i would've thought they'd perform a little better.
I know without the works team running them they would never be as fast but still!
The team still haven't got used to the car yet, especially the drivers, but Silverstone will probably see the R10's best result. Last year, the Audis could keep up with the Pugs there and the R10 is a bit heavy and lacks agility, needed for some of the Nurburgring's tristy bits.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2523702)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rocky View Post
As long as they don't take each other out, I could see them both in the top 7.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2523830)   #10
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So no Kruse yet. I heard they'd return to the series with a Coupe. Anybody heard any more about them and when they'll be back?

And it seems Virgo (or rather the McInerneys) have made Britcar their preference that weekend. Would have hoped to see the car there anyway, albeit with a different crew.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2523888)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
DSC are running a story that Kruse-Schiller have pulled out of the LMS for the rest of the season . Siting technical discrepencies as the reason .

Thats a shame ..... they have had some terrible luck the last few seasons . Loseing their Pesca LMP2 in a fire and wrecking a tub at Le Mans and almost again this year .

Hope they return next year .
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2523994)   #12
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In the future talks with potentially new partners will be held to enable the team to start into a successful season 2010 in the Le Mans Series and at the 24h of Le Mans.
There you go for 2010 plans...
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2524003)   #13
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It's not a twisty enough circuit for the Ginetta-Zytek's to mount a challenge, I don't think. They were at their best at Barcelona.
nurburg is the twistiest circuit on the calender! the Zytek's have always been very good around the nurb, every year in that year's form the car's are super quick, anyone remember 2005? now that was impressive.

IMO, this is Strakka Racing's best chance to bag a win in P1, if they are going to do it, now is the time to do it, i can imagine however, with the torque from the diesel engine, the Kolles R10's being pretty quick, that low end grunt should be worth its weight in gold accelarating out of the slow corner's of the nurb.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2524188)   #14
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
DSC are running a story that Kruse-Schiller have pulled out of the LMS for the rest of the season . Siting technical discrepencies as the reason .

Thats a shame ..... they have had some terrible luck the last few seasons . Loseing their Pesca LMP2 in a fire and wrecking a tub at Le Mans and almost again this year .

Hope they return next year .
It wouldnt surprise me for this the first team to dispose of the Mazda-AER LMp2 engine, they have been having big difficulties with the fuel and all AER LMP2 engined cars appear well off the pace compared to the V8 engined cars.........I think it will only be a matter of time before KSM comes back with a Judd or Zytek V8.......perhaps even the new 4.0 IES Nissan V8.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2524360)   #15
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
nurburg is the twistiest circuit on the calender!
Our definitions of twisty are some what twisted.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2524507)   #16
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
It wouldnt surprise me for this the first team to dispose of the Mazda-AER LMp2 engine, they have been having big difficulties with the fuel and all AER LMP2 engined cars appear well off the pace compared to the V8 engined cars.........I think it will only be a matter of time before KSM comes back with a Judd or Zytek V8.......perhaps even the new 4.0 IES Nissan V8.
Or LMS goes for ALMS fuel - seems to work much better. I dont understand anyway why they dont use the same fuel. Its no problem for the works team but always a waist of money for privatear teams to get new mappings ...
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2524512)   #17
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
I think you are right on the mark with the fuel being the issue causing this!! Utter dross that is. The ACO needs to pull their head out of someones pocket book(fuel supplier) and rectify the problem!! This is going to be one of the 'premier' engines in the 2011 rule set.

L.P.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2524533)   #18
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
Or LMS goes for ALMS fuel - seems to work much better. I dont understand anyway why they dont use the same fuel. Its no problem for the works team but always a waist of money for privatear teams to get new mappings ...
ALMS and LMS have the same fuel supplier right?
Dyson have had similar problems over in the states earlier in the season with their MZR lump's, as Horndawg has said, the ACO need to rectify this, the MZR will likely be a very popular engine in the new regs come 2011, it will also almost certainly become a lot more popular next year as well!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2524537)   #19
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
the MZR will likely be a very popular engine in the new regs come 2011, it will also almost certainly become a lot more popular next year as well!
Not if they keep having fuel issues...
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2524541)   #20
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Not if they keep having fuel issues...
exactly, hence why the ACO need to pull their head out their own arse, woops, did i say that out LOUD.

Plus as well, i do rather like the exhaust note of the 4 pot AER lump, that roar and the crackling, poppling and garggling on the over run, sounds like a group B rally car, mmmmmmm....
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2524553)   #21
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I think you are right on the mark with the fuel being the issue causing this!! Utter dross that is. The ACO needs to pull their head out of someones pocket book(fuel supplier) and rectify the problem!! This is going to be one of the 'premier' engines in the 2011 rule set.

L.P.

I must admit I really dont know if the fuel is the problem in the LMS, or the engine........but it wouldnt surprise me to hear of an engine supplier blaming external factors to hide their own problems........which ever way you want to approach it, in the LMS this Mazda 4 pot engine is off the pace........a team owner said to me recently that there is not a lot of confidence in this engine.......if the fuel is the problem I suspect AER are mapping too close to the edge of detonation, if thats the case they should take a slightly more conservative approach to engine mapping to allow for fuel variations.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2524559)   #22
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
I must admit I really dont know if the fuel is the problem in the LMS, or the engine........but it wouldnt surprise me to hear of an engine supplier blaming external factors to hide their own problems........which ever way you want to approach it, in the LMS this Mazda 4 pot engine is off the pace........a team owner said to me recently that there is not a lot of confidence in this engine.......if the fuel is the problem I suspect AER are mapping too close to the edge of detonation, if thats the case they should take a slightly more conservative approach to engine mapping to allow for fuel variations.
And then become uncompetitive. So by an inaction by the ACO they have basically eliminated a class of engine, Turbo 4. Horse nuts!! Not to compliant to their own wishes to create and keep diversity! Stupid in my book! But oh well....

L.P.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2524573)   #23
Mirage M6
Racer

Mirage M6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Collard will drive again the number 16 Pescarolo with Boullion and Tinseau, at least for Nurburgring:

http://translate.google.es/translate...hl=es&ie=UTF-8

Ferdinand Porsche
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2524625)   #24
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage M6 View Post
Collard will drive again the number 16 Pescarolo with Boullion and Tinseau, at least for Nurburgring:

http://translate.google.es/translate...hl=es&ie=UTF-8
**** me, that is one saucy line up in the Pesca, two of the best Proto driver's out there and one very talented proto driver in Tinseau, in what has arguably been the most well rounded car in LMS in P1 this year at a circuit which i think, should, suit the Pescarolo rather well, especially with the extra downforce of this year's car, i might be British, but i really want Pescarolo to win the title this year, last year they were a bit off form and struggled compared to the quicker diesel and petrol car's, come on Pesca!
Old 21 Aug 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2525572)   #25
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm getting two broadcasts over the player link right now. It's kind of funny trying make sense of it.