Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Oct 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2778852)   #51
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ do you have any reason to believe that that is indeed the future? I'd love it personally, but seeing how many top-end sportscars are entering GT3 (in recent years, cars like Audi R8, Mercedes SLS), I don't see why this trend would change.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2778886)   #52
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom View Post
^ do you have any reason to believe that that is indeed the future? I'd love it personally, but seeing how many top-end sportscars are entering GT3 (in recent years, cars like Audi R8, Mercedes SLS), I don't see why this trend would change.
Its personal opinion, I like having cars classified by body style and engine size. Of course it will never happen due to various reasons such as politics and money, but I like thing of the classes that way.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2783411)   #53
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
OAK Racing will be the official Dunlop development team in LMP1 next year, and all suggestions about their racing programme for 2011 point towards a full ILMC entry: the first race they will be doing should be Sebring.

http://twitter.com/#!/almsnotes/status/29367953816
Old 1 Nov 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2783433)   #54
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will they be using the current Pescarolo chassis as a P1 or will they have something new?
Old 1 Nov 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2783459)   #55
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
It isn't specified anywhere, certainly Endurance-Info's article makes no mention, but this is probably a sign that they'll be keeping their current package; after all, with fin, restrictor and weight adjustments, the current LMP2 Pesca is probably eligible for LMP1.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 09:20 (Ref:2785701)   #56
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ACO just announced at Zhuhai today the 2011 ILMC calendar.

12 Hours of Sebring (USA), March 19th
Le Mans test day (FRA), April 24th
Spa-Francorchamps (BEL), May 8th
24 Heures du Mans (FRA), June 11th - 12th
TBA, Europe, July
Silverstone (UK), Sept 11th
TBA, Overseas, October
China, November

Seems there are problems with Petit Le Mans...
Old 6 Nov 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2785709)   #57
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've read it at endurance-info. Too bad. The previous version was very balanced with two rounds in Europe, America and Asia. Now they'll have to drop PLM or Fuji which is very disappointing. Besides, with three usual rounds in Europe it's more like LMS and not ILMC.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2785711)   #58
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
If PLM should be off, that's a disaster and might even threaten the manufacturers involvement in P1 as suddenly a bespoke North American campaign begins to make a lot more sense again.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2785714)   #59
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally i would drop the July European date and include the PLM - not convinced on China as F1 has enough trouble attracting crowds so not sure the crowds will turn up - wait and see on tomorrows race i guess.

Would prefer a Japanese race over China as historically they have supported Sportscar racing.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2785717)   #60
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you imagine PLM out of ILMC ????

Old 6 Nov 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2785759)   #61
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep this is bad news all round. Like it has been said the previous calendar had a nice balance to it.

SebringMG: Although the Japanese have supported in the past, Audi and Pug BADLY want a bigger slice of the Chinese car market. The country is an absolute goldmine. I'm not sure how they transfer on track success to the people because, as you say, the crowds don't turn up.

I had hoped the inclusion of Japan would encourage some Japanese manufacturers to come out of hiding and back to LMP1.

Real shame about Petit. I think the ACO need to come out and explain the changes if they haven't done already.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2785766)   #62
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Too bad. The previous version was very balanced with two rounds in Europe, America and Asia. Now they'll have to drop PLM or Fuji which is very disappointing.
Agree. Four European races out of seven is hardly the way I expected this tournament to be.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2785768)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok so to answer my own question it seems like a scheduling issue around the China race that is causing the Petit problems. I'd imagine if Toyota did ever come back to the top ranks they might ensure a Japanese date gets sorted.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87969
Old 6 Nov 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2785777)   #64
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it least the Autosport article makes it seem like PLM or Fuji could be that 'overseas' event. Petit Le Mans is scheduled for October 1st next year so I'm still confident about that round returning. But very, very dissapointing about Fuji, and let's hope the July European round doesn't end up being a track like the Hungaroring.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2785781)   #65
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Best case for the July race, imho: Norisring with DTM, right in Audi's backyard and a built-in capacity crowd. Might have to be prototypes only or two separate races, though.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2785786)   #66
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Best case for the July race, imho: Norisring with DTM, right in Audi's backyard and a built-in capacity crowd. Might have to be prototypes only or two separate races, though.
Didn't the Le Mans winning Audi R15 Plus lap the track this year??
Old 6 Nov 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2785795)   #67
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, that would be amazing. Norisring has a huge sports car racing history. But all it seems almost unbelievable now.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2785800)   #68
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Oh, that would be amazing. Norisring has a huge sports car racing history. But all it seems almost unbelievable now.
It is, the track is far too small to accomodate a sports car grid, plus the DTM will never allow another popular series to be their sideshow.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2785812)   #69
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Confirmation from Hope Polevision for ILMC next year with an Oreca 01 LMP1 hybrid fitted with the Flybrid KERS. Looks like they have done a tie-up with Lehmann on the engine!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5629.html
Old 6 Nov 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2785843)   #70
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
PLM is indeed off the schedule.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2785845)   #71
Speed-King
Veteran

Permanently or as off now and hopefully only until something is worked out?
Old 6 Nov 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2785849)   #72
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Permanently or as off now and hopefully only until something is worked out?
Nothing is ever permanent, but at least off for 2011. The ALMS should have a release out today at some point, that may clear things up a bit.

From a North American perspective, it just makes this a European series that is predatory on series entries again. Nothing remarkable about it at all really.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2785869)   #73
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

From a North American perspective, it just makes this a European series that is predatory on series entries again. Nothing remarkable about it at all really.
I think this actually makes it a but less predatory as it decreases the attraction for American teams to participate in the series.
Old 6 Nov 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2785908)   #74
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Larbre Competition set to announce details of their GT campaign within the next 24 hours.

One car for ILMC next year with a 2nd car for Le Mans. via JohnDagys

Anyone got any guesses as to what they might run?

EDIT: Already announced: Vettes!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-5631.html
Old 6 Nov 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2785929)   #75
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
I think this actually makes it a but less predatory as it decreases the attraction for American teams to participate in the series.
Perhaps, but given the schedule, it is also impossible for any teams to do ILMC AND the ALMS, which really is VERY poor planning, if it wasn't intentional. That alone could be predatory.