Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Jun 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2906120)   #26
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Because they don't have the unlimited budgets of the factory teams to go making risky moves on track which could result in costly crashes...
What's your point? were talking about the influence that Audi and Peugeot have at any race they enter. And there ability to draw crowds to an event. im not asking why the rebeliion or pescarolo don't provide the same thrill. Its already a given fact that they don't provide the same excitement. And thats all that matters in order to bring crowds of people.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 06:31 (Ref:2906121)   #27
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I dare say if Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, (name your 2 manufacturers) entered P1, they'd be more than enough to take the show if Audi OR Peugeot dropped out. Probably not both, not now. In the future though it could be possible if these marks establish themselves.
It's not even specifically Audi and Peugeot. It's the presence of a big manufacturer(not aston). If Toyota goes to Lemans it would be a japanese revolution. you know nissa nand honda won;t let toyota have the glory. The japanese companies are extremely competitive. Honda is not enjoying the fact the the toyota prius is trouncing the insight hybrid.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2906154)   #28
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
lolol. The only reason im watching ALMS ever since porsche acura and audi left has been because of the GTE field.

Its really hard to watch a dyson lola and intersport and muscle milk and autocon lmp field because their races are so mistake or mechanical gremlin ridden.

Even when the audi's and Peugeot's have problems we get to see epic charges back through the field from them.(anthony davidson lol). the same can't be said of some the privateers. They don't do the crazy moves that look exciting on tv that the factory Audi and Peugeot drivers do. It's not the same.
if an audi driver like mcnish at le mans has a massive accident, audi sport will build a new car in around a week; if pescarolo had a similiar incident they were out of competition for a while.... or maybe nicolet will give him one of his oak pescarolo.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2906209)   #29
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What's your point? were talking about the influence that Audi and Peugeot have at any race they enter. And there ability to draw crowds to an event. im not asking why the rebeliion or pescarolo don't provide the same thrill. Its already a given fact that they don't provide the same excitement. And thats all that matters in order to bring crowds of people.
Whats my point? My point is they don't have the money to spend on building a new car or fixing their current car if they have an off from making those same risky moves. If you can't understand that you've got no ideas of what it takes to run and pay for a racing team...
Old 26 Jun 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2906214)   #30
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Whats my point? My point is they don't have the money to spend on building a new car or fixing their current car if they have an off from making those same risky moves. If you can't understand that you've got no ideas of what it takes to run and pay for a racing team...
.......i not arguing about your statement.....im saying what does that have to do with thefact tha tAudi and Peugeot bring the crowds. im saying that you don't see the same stuff with pescarolo and rebellion that you see with the Audi and Peugeot.

The stuff you see with Audi and Peugeot is what brings crowds. Yes of course i know why the pesca and rebellion won't do that.thats an unspoken fact.(the money)

this is the influence that Audi and peugeot have. they bring the crowds. thats what keeps the series going...thats my point. Audi and Peugeot are keeping the world endurance championship and the ILMC going. not rebellion and pescarolo..
Old 26 Jun 2011, 10:55 (Ref:2906218)   #31
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
That farnbacher ferrari has been heckling that BMW all day long lol
Old 26 Jun 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2906230)   #32
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Quote:
.......i not arguing about your statement.....im saying what does that have to do with thefact tha tAudi and Peugeot bring the crowds. im saying that you don't see the same stuff with pescarolo and rebellion that you see with the Audi and Peugeot.
What I'm and another individual have been talking about is the reasons why you don't get the risky/stupid moves from privateers like you do from the works teams. It's got nothing to do with the other parts of your statement but that bit about the spectacle the Peugeots and Audis give the fans (the risky/stupid moves).
Old 26 Jun 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2906246)   #33
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
What I'm and another individual have been talking about is the reasons why you don't get the risky/stupid moves from privateers like you do from the works teams. It's got nothing to do with the other parts of your statement but that bit about the spectacle the Peugeots and Audis give the fans (the risky/stupid moves).

And their not "stupid moves". Its called calculated risk. And calculated risk exist in EVERY sport. So in effect your calling every athlete stupid(im sure your not though). When a tennis player goes for a shot down the line its calculated risk. If your in position to make the play it is a high percentage move regardless of the sport. When russel westbrook goes for the three pointer thats a risk(high percentage if no one is defending him).

you should differentiate between stupid and high percentage risk. Rockenfeller was High Percentage play(all the LMP cars had passed gt cars all day long at that kink before so why not do it again.) Kaufman was "stupid move".

Didnt a rebellion driver wreck in the porsche curves on his own....didn;t Emmanuel Collard crash the pescarolo on his own at tertre rouge. those are "stupid".

Alex Wurz had a "stupid" moment as well in the peugeot. Why are you attributing the "stupid/risky" moves to Audi and Peugeot.....And make it seem like everything is all dandy at pescarolo and rebellion.

Last edited by Audi Racer; 26 Jun 2011 at 12:36.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2906253)   #34
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Sorry buddy but I'm not even going to answer any of that, I'm starting to get confused from what you're trying to say...
Old 26 Jun 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2906254)   #35
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Sorry buddy but I'm not even going to answer any of that, I'm starting to get confused from what you're trying to say...
You said that that Factory drivers make stupid/risky moves that the privateer drivers do not.

My response: In this years 24 hours of Lemans Jean Christophe Boullion crashed the Rebellion lola(privateer) in the porsche curves all by himself..

In this years 24 hours of Lemans Emmanuel Collard crashed the Pescarolo(privateer) all by himself.

those are stupid. So ive contradicted your argument.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2906258)   #36
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Quote:
You said that that Factory drivers make stupid/risky moves that the privateer drivers do not.
Because they get orders to make those moves with no regard to the fact if they dont come off they wont be worrying about finding the money to fix any damage. (Which is what I've been trying to say for a while now...)

Quote:
My response: In this years 24 hours of Lemans Jean Christophe Boullion crashed the Rebellion lola(privateer) in the porsche curves all by himself..
Did he crash from making a simple driver mistake or did he crash from making a risky move around a GTE car or was it just track conditions?

Quote:
In this years 24 hours of Lemans Emmanuel Collard crashed the Pescarolo(privateer) all by himself.
Did he crash from making a simple driver mistake or did he crash from making a risky move around a GTE car or was it just track conditions?
Old 26 Jun 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2906259)   #37
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Because they get orders to make those moves with no regard to the fact if they dont come off they wont be worrying about finding the money to fix any damage. (Which is what I've been trying to say for a while now...)
You think that someone told allan Mcnish to make that move?

Quote:
As stated before. All by himself

Quote:

Track conditions are the same for everyone...
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2906264)   #38
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Quote:
You think that someone told allan Mcnish to make that move?
He would have been told go at the limit, what do you think that means to a driver?

Quote:
Thats not a good enough answer sorry, find out how he crashed and come back with that.

Quote:
Thats not a good enough answer sorry, find out how he crashed and come back with that.

Quote:
Track conditions are the same for everyone...
Well obviously, but was there oil on the track in the line either driver used? What about gravel on track that they just happened to pick up and caused a puncture? Think outside the box instead of using a generalisation.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:16 (Ref:2906269)   #39
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
He would have been told go at the limit, what do you think that means to a driver?

Well obviously, but was there oil on the track in the line either driver used? What about gravel on track that they just happened to pick up and caused a puncture? Think outside the box instead of using a generalisation.

what do you mean that not good enough. i saw the incidents. did you? Its exactly as i stated. Emmanuel Collard breaked too late(locking up) into tertre rouge and went stright into the barriers.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTeLMB8cBoI

Jean Christopje Bouillion 14 hours into the race said on the radio that he made a mistake and thats why he crashed. them http://youtu.be/kOM905SHTx0?t=57s
no one was around
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2906271)   #40
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it doesnt look like the tetre rouge, it seems more like the first turn of porsche section where collard crashed
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:22 (Ref:2906272)   #41
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
I was up for the full 24 and yes I saw both incidents, braking too late into the Porsche Curves is a mistake and Collard and Pesca paid for it. I'd put that one down to fatigue more than driver orders (it was near the end of the race and all they had to do was cruise).

The JCB accident was made in traffic, theres a chance he made a mistake following or passing another car.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2906274)   #42
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I was up for the full 24 and yes I saw both incidents, braking too late into the Porsche Curves is a mistake and Collard and Pesca paid for it. I'd put that one down to fatigue more than driver orders (it was near the end of the race and all they had to do was cruise).

The JCB accident was made in traffic, theres a chance he made a mistake following or passing another car.
Im going to take a page out of your book.
Prove it.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:27 (Ref:2906275)   #43
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:

If you saw both incidents. WHY DID YOU ASK ME TO PROVE IT? like i was lying?

An you know the funny thing is the that They never showed the Pescarolo accident on T.V. dont argue that we saw different channels because regardless of the channel theres is only one French feed for video which the different channels commentate on. the Emmanuel Collard accident was never televised. The video on youtube is from someon who was in the stands a the Prsch curves. Soooo you lied Mitch......
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2906278)   #44
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Thats classic, you accuse me of saying you're lieing then tell me I'm a liar? It was shown on the feed I was watching

I asked if you could come up with a better answer because I was hoping you'd be able to give me something better than they did it themselves. Theres more factors involved in those crashes which you've glossed over...

(BTW, you speak english, can you please use better spelling and grammar for the sake of making things easier to make sense of?)
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2906281)   #45
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If you saw both incidents. WHY DID YOU ASK ME TO PROVE IT? like i was lying?

An you know the funny thing is the that They never showed the Pescarolo accident on T.V. dont argue that we saw different channels because regardless of the channel theres is only one French feed for video which the different channels commentate on. the Emmanuel Collard accident was never televised. The video on youtube is from someon who was in the stands a the Prsch curves. Soooo you lied Mitch......
I see no one mentioned that it was raining at the Porsche Curves when Collard had his accident, maybe this was an added factor?
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2906282)   #46
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Thats classic, you accuse me of saying you're lieing then tell me I'm a liar? It was shown on the feed I was watching

I asked if you could come up with a better answer because I was hoping you'd be able to give me something better than they did it themselves. Theres more factors involved in those crashes which you've glossed over...

(BTW, you speak english, can you please use better spelling and grammar for the sake of making things easier to make sense of?)
nice try. Heres how the Lemans 24 hours streaming works. You are at the mercy of the French TV overlords. there is one french feed. They stream that to all the broadcasters from different channels(Speedtv in america/Eurosport in europe/ Skytv in europe). And whatever channel you watched in Australia.)

There is one french feed. Everybody see's the exact same thing and they never televised collards crash.....Thats that.

In addition don't lecture me on grammar when you made a mistake in your grammar as well.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2906286)   #47
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
I'd best have my eyes checked to make sure they're working properly now I know I'm legally blind...
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2906289)   #48
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I'd best have my eyes checked to make sure they're working properly now I know I'm legally blind...
lieing-not a word.

lying is a word

In addition. the track conditions are the same for everyone which is why its ok for me to gloss over that. Those factors don;t matter because it was the same for everyone else. Its not like collard is the only guy who had fatigue. Its not like JCB was the only guy driving in the dark.... They made mistakes that drivers arent suppose to make.
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2906295)   #49
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I see no one mentioned that it was raining at the Porsche Curves when Collard had his accident, maybe this was an added factor?
yeah were not disputing that track conditions played a factor. However. It wasnt raining only for emmanuel collard. there wasnt a rain cloud following just him. Every other car had to drive though there as well.....
Old 26 Jun 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2906296)   #50
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Lieing - Commonly used misspelling of lying. (Poor dig at me for spelling, how's my grammar?)

Tux made a good point too, it was beginning to rain when Collard has his off which means it could have caused him to run wider (crossing a wet painted line is a bad idea).