Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2905740)   #16
fiend540
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
United States
East Aurora NY
Posts: 286
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Well the crash comment might be misleading. I bet for breakdowns of the whole Diesel fraction though.
I do not like the preferential treatment diesel fired teams receive over petrol teams and I still do not like the helpless tries of "reducing" their advantages by tank size or lower fuel flow
And if they ran petrol cars they still would be the only two in the game for the overall win, as well as still having preferential treatment.
fiend540 is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 15:02 (Ref:2905753)   #17
Audi Racer
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
United States
Posts: 1,623
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Be better if they both pulled out ..... Then we would have a more open race .

As it stands , we know whos going to win , Audi or Pug .
I think it's Audi and Puegeot that bring the television viewers. There wouldn't be many spectators and it would be detrimental to Sportscar racing as a whole if Audi and Peugeot pulled out....You and I both know that Audi and Peugeot bring a thrilling rivalry everywhere they go. Something that just won't be matched by a rebellion vs pescarolo.
Audi Racer is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2905916)   #18
seanyb505
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
United States
Simpsonville, SC
Posts: 1,301
seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!seanyb505 has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's because more people can relate to and root for Audi or Peugeot. How many people have own or the other? How many people have a Pescarolo? While they do pour money into their programs and dominate everyone else, it is a professional operation, which is something I enjoy watching.

What if Audi and Peugeot did leave? It would be the same story. We all know one of two teams would win and everyone else would be dusted. RLM gave me a good way to look at it - the petrol class. So we have two massive organizations going head to head battling for perfection, and then the petrol class to follow as well. Brilliant!
seanyb505 is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2905934)   #19
Trackreviewers
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location:
UK
Posts: 1
Trackreviewers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
All now updated, we've now got that video, thank-you
Trackreviewers is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Jun 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2906050)   #20
The Badger
Veteran
 
The Badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location:
Innsbruck , Austria
Posts: 13,763
The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I thought the 'I hope they all crash' comments might have disappeared after what we saw at LM. Even in jest.
Oh , another smartarse !!! Get real and understand what has been said , read between the lines .
The Badger is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2906083)   #21
AGD
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,261
AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh, the old factory team conundrum. Fans can't wait for factory teams to join, but when they do, they can't wait for them to leave because they are kicking butt. Well, the good news for Audi and Peugeot haters is that the ALMS season is restarting soon. You can have your pick of Lolas to cheer on to victory!
AGD is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 03:12 (Ref:2906092)   #22
Audi Racer
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
United States
Posts: 1,623
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Ahh, the old factory team conundrum. Fans can't wait for factory teams to join, but when they do, they can't wait for them to leave because they are kicking butt. Well, the good news for Audi and Peugeot haters is that the ALMS season is restarting soon. You can have your pick of Lolas to cheer on to victory!
lolol. The only reason im watching ALMS ever since porsche acura and audi left has been because of the GTE field.

Its really hard to watch a dyson lola and intersport and muscle milk and autocon lmp field because their races are so mistake or mechanical gremlin ridden.

Even when the audi's and Peugeot's have problems we get to see epic charges back through the field from them.(anthony davidson lol). the same can't be said of some the privateers. They don't do the crazy moves that look exciting on tv that the factory Audi and Peugeot drivers do. It's not the same.
Audi Racer is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 03:21 (Ref:2906094)   #23
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran
 
FordCosworthPanoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Bermuda
Flatts Village
Posts: 4,016
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even being a Pescarolo fan and Im starting to hate this debate, and if you think the rules are whats causing this factory domination I suggest you look back at the history of Le Mans Group C/Prototype racing, as well as watch Grand Am, a series with near equal prototype rules yet one team wins every race.
FordCosworthPanoz is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 05:08 (Ref:2906105)   #24
MitchZ06
Veteran
 
MitchZ06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
New Zealand
Australia
Posts: 2,258
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Even when the audi's and Peugeot's have problems we get to see epic charges back through the field from them.(anthony davidson lol). the same can't be said of some the privateers. They don't do the crazy moves that look exciting on tv that the factory Audi and Peugeot drivers do. It's not the same.
Because they don't have the unlimited budgets of the factory teams to go making risky moves on track which could result in costly crashes...
MitchZ06 is offline  
__________________
Mitchell Legg
NRG Racing
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 06:28 (Ref:2906119)   #25
TF110
Veteran
 
TF110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
United States
Posts: 15,037
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I dare say if Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, (name your 2 manufacturers) entered P1, they'd be more than enough to take the show if Audi OR Peugeot dropped out. Probably not both, not now. In the future though it could be possible if these marks establish themselves.
TF110 is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2906120)   #26
Audi Racer
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
United States
Posts: 1,623
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Because they don't have the unlimited budgets of the factory teams to go making risky moves on track which could result in costly crashes...
What's your point? were talking about the influence that Audi and Peugeot have at any race they enter. And there ability to draw crowds to an event. im not asking why the rebeliion or pescarolo don't provide the same thrill. Its already a given fact that they don't provide the same excitement. And thats all that matters in order to bring crowds of people.
Audi Racer is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 06:31 (Ref:2906121)   #27
Audi Racer
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
United States
Posts: 1,623
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I dare say if Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, (name your 2 manufacturers) entered P1, they'd be more than enough to take the show if Audi OR Peugeot dropped out. Probably not both, not now. In the future though it could be possible if these marks establish themselves.
It's not even specifically Audi and Peugeot. It's the presence of a big manufacturer(not aston). If Toyota goes to Lemans it would be a japanese revolution. you know nissa nand honda won;t let toyota have the glory. The japanese companies are extremely competitive. Honda is not enjoying the fact the the toyota prius is trouncing the insight hybrid.
Audi Racer is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2906154)   #28
alexkiller8
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,460
alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
lolol. The only reason im watching ALMS ever since porsche acura and audi left has been because of the GTE field.

Its really hard to watch a dyson lola and intersport and muscle milk and autocon lmp field because their races are so mistake or mechanical gremlin ridden.

Even when the audi's and Peugeot's have problems we get to see epic charges back through the field from them.(anthony davidson lol). the same can't be said of some the privateers. They don't do the crazy moves that look exciting on tv that the factory Audi and Peugeot drivers do. It's not the same.
if an audi driver like mcnish at le mans has a massive accident, audi sport will build a new car in around a week; if pescarolo had a similiar incident they were out of competition for a while.... or maybe nicolet will give him one of his oak pescarolo.
alexkiller8 is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2906209)   #29
MitchZ06
Veteran
 
MitchZ06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
New Zealand
Australia
Posts: 2,258
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
What's your point? were talking about the influence that Audi and Peugeot have at any race they enter. And there ability to draw crowds to an event. im not asking why the rebeliion or pescarolo don't provide the same thrill. Its already a given fact that they don't provide the same excitement. And thats all that matters in order to bring crowds of people.
Whats my point? My point is they don't have the money to spend on building a new car or fixing their current car if they have an off from making those same risky moves. If you can't understand that you've got no ideas of what it takes to run and pay for a racing team...
MitchZ06 is offline  
__________________
Mitchell Legg
NRG Racing
Quote
Old 26 Jun 2011, 10:47 (Ref:2906214)   #30
Audi Racer
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
United States
Posts: 1,623
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Whats my point? My point is they don't have the money to spend on building a new car or fixing their current car if they have an off from making those same risky moves. If you can't understand that you've got no ideas of what it takes to run and pay for a racing team...
.......i not arguing about your statement.....im saying what does that have to do with thefact tha tAudi and Peugeot bring the crowds. im saying that you don't see the same stuff with pescarolo and rebellion that you see with the Audi and Peugeot.

The stuff you see with Audi and Peugeot is what brings crowds. Yes of course i know why the pesca and rebellion won't do that.thats an unspoken fact.(the money)


this is the influence that Audi and peugeot have. they bring the crowds. thats what keeps the series going...thats my point. Audi and Peugeot are keeping the world endurance championship and the ILMC going. not rebellion and pescarolo..
Audi Racer is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota/Rebellion Racing - Le Mans/ILMC/LMS - 2011 (merged) 92scotland ACO Regulated Series 686 16 Jun 2011 12:15
ILMC/LMS Round 2 -1,000 Km of Spa-Francorchamps - 5-7 May gino ACO Regulated Series 1024 21 May 2011 07:24
Working ILMC Le Mans Series @ Imola 1-3 July Coach Ep Marshals Forum 8 9 May 2011 19:07
ILMC/ALMS Round 1 - Sebring - 13-19 March 2011 Bentley03 North American Racing 1430 26 Mar 2011 16:28
'10 LMS Finalé • Silverstone • '10 ILMC Round 1 HORNDAWG ACO Regulated Series 359 20 Sep 2010 13:31


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.