Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 May 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3247309)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ELMS 2013 - Round 2: Imola

Do you hear that? Is it the sound of crickets? No it is just the chatter leading up to round 2 of the ELMS! In all seriousness, this should be a good race in LMP2 and GTE.

Schedule

Entry List

Circuit Info

Weather
Old 15 May 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3247606)   #2
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotter Guide will be up during Wednesday

www.spotterguides.com
Old 15 May 2013, 00:24 (Ref:3247607)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Spotter Guide will be up during Wednesday

www.spotterguides.com
Thanks Andy!
Old 15 May 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3247736)   #4
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One alteration to the published entry list.

Greaves Motorsport will have Tom Kimber-Smith and David Heinemeier Hansson behind the wheel in Italy.
Old 15 May 2013, 09:42 (Ref:3247761)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm looking forward to this one. The first round was quite intriguing and open (not to mention a bit chilly) but will be good to hopefully see these teams in the dry across a full race distance to see the pecking order ahead of Le Mans.

It's also interesting to see SMP Racing rock up with numbers. They are racing pretty much everywhere this year. I'm hoping they have some long-term ambitions to step up and go to Le Mans.
Old 15 May 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3247891)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm looking forward to this one. The first round was quite intriguing and open (not to mention a bit chilly) but will be good to hopefully see these teams in the dry across a full race distance to see the pecking order ahead of Le Mans.

It's also interesting to see SMP Racing rock up with numbers. They are racing pretty much everywhere this year. I'm hoping they have some long-term ambitions to step up and go to Le Mans.
Do you know where to find highlights? Are they on YouTube or something?

Sometimes it sucks to be in America...

I've only heard of Fabio Babini and Maurizio Mediani, regarding the SMP driver lineup. Who are the rest?
Old 15 May 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3247894)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, this isn't highlights, but if you have the time, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmnXE-cw6A
Old 15 May 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3247918)   #8
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it live on Motors again?
Old 15 May 2013, 15:57 (Ref:3247926)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im looking forward to this race ..... one of the best , almost untouched tracks left , that deserves to be still called a track .
Old 15 May 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3247939)   #10
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Badger, how is Imola even remotely untouched?
Old 15 May 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3247954)   #11
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Badger, how is Imola even remotely untouched?
All them lovely chicanes to mess up the place..................
Old 15 May 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3248000)   #12
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Another change to the entry list from E-I. Jonathan Hirschi/Tony Burgess in the HVM Status Lola

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...cus-18187.html
Old 15 May 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3248001)   #13
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
It isn't just the Varientes Tamburello, Villeneuve, and Alta though, but I am thankful that the Sportscars don't use the Variente Bassa anymore. Almost the entire front stretch has been re-profiled and realigned. The same is true of the whole stretch from Acque Minerale to Rivazza, and both of those corner combinations have been noticeably reconfigured. There's maybe 25% of the course that still follows the old 1954-72 layout.
Old 15 May 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3248043)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Nismo ELS Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths is up ready for download.

http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-elms/

ELMS havent updated their entry list, but there does seem to be some changes since I finished this earlier today. As KA states, Status GP have confirmed their drivers. One assumes Hirschi will depart TDS. I believe Nick Tandy and Wolf Henzler are also on N24 Duty.

So, if you know of any other changes, let me know here and I'll update at the end of (my =PST) day
Old 15 May 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3248047)   #15
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait seeing the Kox's red lambo in action! Good work andy.
Old 15 May 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3248052)   #16
rwindle
Rookie

United States
Dallas, Texas
rwindle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
andy_b, these are simply brilliant! I've had to buy new ink cartridges because I print them out for ALMS, WEC and ELMS. Thanks for your time and effort.
Old 15 May 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3248056)   #17
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Isn´t Henzler being replaced by Pat Long?
Old 15 May 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3248060)   #18
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Nismo ELS Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths is up ready for download.

http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-elms/

ELMS havent updated their entry list, but there does seem to be some changes since I finished this earlier today. As KA states, Status GP have confirmed their drivers. One assumes Hirschi will depart TDS. I believe Nick Tandy and Wolf Henzler are also on N24 Duty.

So, if you know of any other changes, let me know here and I'll update at the end of (my =PST) day
Updated with all the on-going Driver Changes.
Old 16 May 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3248253)   #19
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I've only heard of Fabio Babini and Maurizio Mediani, regarding the SMP driver lineup. Who are the rest?
Don't know much about the Russians at SMP, but Ladygin was part of the original Lada WTCC squad a couple of years back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirill_Ladygin
Old 16 May 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3248330)   #20
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Don't know much about the Russians at SMP, but Ladygin was part of the original Lada WTCC squad a couple of years back:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirill_Ladygin
Yes, Kirill Ladygin is very well-known kart and race car driver in Russia, and he has decent amount of international experience too.

Serguey Zlobin is well-known in Russia too, mainly for his self-confidence and his test drive for Minardi F1 team in 2002.

Devi Markozov, Alexander Frolov and Viktor Shaitar are all active and successfull racers on national scene in Russia.
http://www.raf-rrc.ru/pilot/1/30/2012/
http://www.raf-rrc.ru/pilot/7/87/2012/
www.raf-rrc.ru/pilot/5/80/2012/

Not sure why Babini and Mediani are with SMP Racing, but the answer might be their racing past....... they used to race a lot in russian single seaters during late 1990's and early 2000's. Maybe, there's connection
Old 17 May 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3249050)   #21
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to gte sound? They are so QUIET! Two years ago the ferrari sound was deafening!
Old 17 May 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3249075)   #22
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
What happened to gte sound? They are so QUIET! Two years ago the ferrari sound was deafening!
Yes, the Ferraris are quiet. The Porsche sound is as usual I think. Probably different rules between ELMS and WEC because I've been to Paul Ricard tests and Spa race and the Ferraris' sound was great. Now I'm at Imola and the cars are very quiet. I will try to ask tomorrow...

Do you guys know a good live timing of the race available for a smartphone?
Old 17 May 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3249093)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was really quite sad to see (and hear) the ELMS 458's at Silverstone in that state.
Old 17 May 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3249094)   #24
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, but it was the same in ELMS & WEC, right?
Old 18 May 2013, 04:35 (Ref:3249204)   #25
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Veggie

We can see ACO's words as encouragement and therefore would work harder to accomplish their work on the Ferrari.

Impressive that "Alpine" yesterday. Let's see what they have to offer us today.