Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 May 2013, 08:48 (Ref:3249260)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder how long it is before we see Oliver Turvey in a P1 car?
Old 18 May 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3249319)   #27
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Gary Watkins from Autosport has made the fair point that people at Imola are talking about how it's a historic circuit, but really pre-1979 it was a backwater as far as car racing is concerned.

I've got it into my head that it hosted some sportscar races prior to then, perhaps a Group 5 event, or something in the mid 70s Matra / Alfa Romeo era? The usual go-to of Racingsportscars lists an Interserie race in 1971, but before I schlep downstairs to ferret through Time and Two Seats I thought I'd put it out there and see if collective wisdom could bring anything to bear on this?
Old 18 May 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3249343)   #28
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Kox on GTC pole!
Old 18 May 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3249376)   #29
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any live streams for this event?
Old 18 May 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3249379)   #30
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
should be here
http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...p09_videos.php

Ciao Marco
Old 18 May 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3249380)   #31
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Much Gratitude.
Old 18 May 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3249388)   #32
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
The DKR Engineering car just isn't very fast.
Old 18 May 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3249396)   #33
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
No commentary on the video?!
Old 18 May 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3249399)   #34
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I had to do is turn down the volume, not all the way so I can hear the cars yet, then put on RLM via the RLM Extra stream for commentary.

Cheyne
Old 18 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3249406)   #35
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stream working good, pretty good racing up and down the field. ELMS definitely revived from last year's debacle.
Old 18 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3249408)   #36
Carbone
Rookie

Carbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BoP GTC (GT3) :

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/...tc-bop-v03.pdf
Old 18 May 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3249424)   #37
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Can the RLM guys please stop playing around with the auto-tune?!
Old 18 May 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3249428)   #38
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought the AM drivers had to do a minimum of 90 minutes. Wouldn't that mean Jota have waited a lap too long to change drivers?
Old 18 May 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3249451)   #39
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Isynge, Imola hosted Interserie over a few years. It also had a 500km Sportscar race beginning in 1968, and running most years through 1977, when it was only 250km. In addition, Imola did host a World Championship Sportscar race of 1000km in 1974.

I hope today's race runs to time; I wonder what the deal is with this 100-lap thing they're talking about on the scoring. It would be 102 laps to get them over 500km on distance.
Old 18 May 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3249459)   #40
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Isynge, Imola hosted Interserie over a few years. It also had a 500km Sportscar race beginning in 1968, and running most years through 1977, when it was only 250km. In addition, Imola did host a World Championship Sportscar race of 1000km in 1974.

I hope today's race runs to time; I wonder what the deal is with this 100-lap thing they're talking about on the scoring. It would be 102 laps to get them over 500km on distance.
Thanks - must be the World Championship round in '74 I'm thinking about.

Been a good race today and the footage has shown the circuit in a pretty good light. Also hope we get the full three hours.

And ouch about that level of stop and go for DHH in #3...
Old 18 May 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3249461)   #41
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
And ouch about that level of stop and go for DHH in #3...
Greaves' choices haven't brought them luck so far. Next pairing? DHH + Chris Dyson? So one can get a stop&go and the other one can then stuff the car into some wall

Sad really (I like DHH & CD & wish the Zyteks kick ass)
Old 18 May 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3249464)   #42
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Greaves' choices haven't brought them luck so far. Next pairing? DHH + Chris Dyson? So one can get a stop&go and the other one can then stuff the car into some wall

Sad really (I like DHH & CD & wish the Zyteks kick ass)
In both cases I think it was sheer bad luck.

Dyson losing it at Spa was atypical and in a lot of ways a bit of an odd accident, and putting self in DHH's shoes you can see him building up to speed, coming across the Alpine more or less at a standstill the instinctive thing is to jink out of the way, you then twig it is moving and might be headed towards a sensible speed, so you lift off so you don't overtake essentially in the pitlane, and as such compound the error by being very slow in the path of the oncoming cars.

Yes it's a transgression, and there's an argument to be made that it deserved a stop/go given the circumstances, but a full minute feels on the harsh side.
Old 18 May 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3249500)   #43
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice race, followed mainly at tosa an acque minerali grandstands. I love the circuit and I think it suits perfectly endurance races. Great pace by thiriet particularly during the second hour when he started just ahead of jota and then lap by lap he gained lots of seconds in traffic. I'm very impressed by the Ram Racing pace and the comeback of AF corse from the back of the grid to the second place (gained just a few minutes before the chequered flag). No safety car like 2011 which is always a good sign. I hope that elms or wec will come to italy next year even if I'm not so confident abouth that.
Old 18 May 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3249574)   #44
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watched the race back now. I really like the new ELMS grid. Due to the break in coverage I missed what happened to the Jota car.

Couple of things - I really with Ram were going to Le Mans. DKR Engineering maybe shouldn't be. It's a big step for that team.

Turvey and Hartley belong in the P1 class in 2014 for me.
Old 18 May 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3249586)   #45
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wonder how long it is before we see Oliver Turvey in a P1 car?
Probably not very long - Porsche surely will pick him up as well as Brendon Hartley?
Old 18 May 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3249606)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Probably not very long - Porsche surely will pick him up as well as Brendon Hartley?
I figure Rebellion will lose at least two drivers during the off-season so those would be good gaps for these guys to fill.
Old 19 May 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3249865)   #47
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
The DKR Engineering car just isn't very fast.
It's not the car, Pecom was pretty quick with it in 2011(in some races) and Level 5 was also quick with the car (HPD engine). It's probably more the drivers and the team.
Old 21 May 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3250990)   #48
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I figure Rebellion will lose at least two drivers during the off-season so those would be good gaps for these guys to fill.
Jani and Heidfeld Im guessing?

I can see Hartley at Rebellion if it doesnt get in the way of his Mercedes duties, he'd be a very good pickup, he's shown serious promise thus far.
Old 22 May 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3251561)   #49
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Wheres all this talk of Porsche looking for new recruits coming from in the first place ?

All I can imagine , is as Porsche is now part of the VAG group , and Red Bull sponsors a lot of VAG racing , the only link I see is Red Bull sponsored Porsche team with Webber ..... they dont need 3 drivers for each car for the WEC ..... they used to do group C with 2 per car , and those cars wernt as magic or had all the trick bits as the cars of today .
Old 22 May 2013, 12:46 (Ref:3251641)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wheres all this talk of Porsche looking for new recruits coming from in the first place ?

All I can imagine , is as Porsche is now part of the VAG group , and Red Bull sponsors a lot of VAG racing , the only link I see is Red Bull sponsored Porsche team with Webber ..... they dont need 3 drivers for each car for the WEC ..... they used to do group C with 2 per car , and those cars wernt as magic or had all the trick bits as the cars of today .
Given that Red Bull's relationship with Webber is not great I don't see the connection there.

The talk of new recruits comes from journalists in the know. Porsche have plenty of contracted drivers but not six guys who are suitable for LMP1 at Le Mans. They barely have four. That's the reality of it. People who expect the likes of Bergmeister to jump into the new car are dreaming.