Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Aug 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3285587)   #1
GT3Spec
Rookie

GT3Spec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEC Fuji - Travel Advice

Hey All,

I am new to the forum

I am planning to attend the FIA WEC Fuji 6 Hour race this year.

I Will be traveling from my base here in Singapore, and spending a week in Tokyo.

As I have not been to Japan previously, I would appreciate any advice on tips for buying tickets, getting to Fuji via train or taxi from Shinjuku etc.

Is it possible to get VIP tickets with hospitality and Pit access?
Best area of the track to watch from?
Any general tips?
Anyone from the forum attending?

Many Thanks
Old 6 Aug 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3286569)   #2
Barbazza
Racer

Barbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBarbazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuji isn't the easiest of places to get to. Ideally you want to stay in Gotenba around the race weekend, which can be reached by train from Tokyo. Unless you read Japanese or can be certain you get an English-speaking sat nav, I wouldn't recommend to hire a car. From Gotenba a taxi ride is the only realistic option. Fuji Speedway estimates it costs about €35: http://www.fsw.tv/english/access/railway.html. Unless you are incredibly wealthy, don't consider a taxi from central Tokyo - it is approx 2 hours away and taxis are not cheap in Tokyo.
For VIP tickets, check out the Le Mans Spirit Club provided by WEC, which includes grid walk. I don't think they have announced the prices yet but last year it cost €550 for race day or €700 for the weekend. They usually give links on www.fiawec.com closer to the race. You can also buy tickets there I think.

Only other tip that springs to mind is... don't expect to get an autograph from the Toyota drivers during the pit walk! The queue last year was unbelievable. Oh, and make sure you go to see the old banking while you are there.

Hope that helps.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3286591)   #3
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I stay in Shinjuku and commute, its a nice train ride on the Romancecar. Gotemba is the final stop if memory serves, the taxis are plentiful and not stupidly expensive. Train times work well too.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3286862)   #4
GT3Spec
Rookie

GT3Spec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for the details

Will definitely check out the Le Mans spirit club.

Would be good to keep the thread alive for any additional tips or updates.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3286923)   #5
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I can't add anything useful to what has gone before, but:

When i went to Mt.Fuji on a day trip from Tokyo, it took a fair old time (local trains/buses) and i ended up at a tiny train station in the middle of nowhere that had a 'Thomas the Tank Engine' theme to it. Every wall plastered in TTT murals. It was pretty trippy!