Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Sep 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3302554)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark Skaife Retires As V8SC Commission Chairman

Article Here

And assumes a new role in strategy development for V8SC...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Sep 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3302582)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I may get flamed for this, but I was hoping that he would slap on a race suit once again.
Old 12 Sep 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3302629)   #3
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give the job to Cam McConville. He's doing everything else but
Old 12 Sep 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3302753)   #4
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And assumes a new role in strategy development for V8SC...
Can't get rid of him that easily....

Will be interesting to see who takes over the role. Could be a tough gig with all the anger about parity!
Old 12 Sep 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3302970)   #5
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you blokes read the article

Quote:
“I have asked Mark and I am delighted that he has accepted the role of Strategic Business Development and Board Advisor. He continues to be a major asset for the sport in this role.”
Old 13 Sep 2013, 00:41 (Ref:3303097)   #6
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, yes.

The 'advisory position'.

Let's see, who's 'moved' to an advisory position with V8SC's in recent years:

- Martin Whitaker
- Tony Cochrane
- David Malone

Any others?

What's wrong with just letting someone go these days?
Old 13 Sep 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3303126)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps Mr Skaife knows where the bodies are buried?
Old 17 Sep 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3305414)   #8
mickyv8
Rookie

mickyv8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car of the future $$$$$$$ blow out, drunken brawl in Texas, e70 Nissan scandal, Mercedes Benz flat plain cranks and other concessions, no clear Cotf parity rules, conflicts of interest in TV commentary, bloke is a walking disaster
Old 18 Sep 2013, 03:07 (Ref:3305546)   #9
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyv8 View Post
Car of the future $$$$$$$ blow out, drunken brawl in Texas, e70 Nissan scandal, Mercedes Benz flat plain cranks and other concessions, no clear Cotf parity rules, conflicts of interest in TV commentary, bloke is a walking disaster
You forgot a s**thouse street circuit designer.
Old 19 Sep 2013, 03:41 (Ref:3305985)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Search Continues For A Replacement

Old 19 Sep 2013, 05:31 (Ref:3306012)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Neil Crompton, bit of a surprise IMO.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3309871)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Steve Horne appointed commissioner, that's a very, very good recruitment. Well credentialed, experienced in all facets of motor sport, and no accusations of bias.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/s...car-commission
Old 27 Sep 2013, 03:29 (Ref:3309877)   #13
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Steve Horne appointed commissioner, that's a very, very good recruitment. Well credentialed, experienced in all facets of motor sport, and no accusations of bias.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/s...car-commission
Agreed. I think he'll do well. I think Crompton is a good appointment too.

It would be very hard to find someone who knows as much about V8s that doesn't have an affiliation somewhere. Crompton's driven for just about everybody, so is beholden to nobody.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3309884)   #14
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Neil Crompton, bit of a surprise IMO.
Skaife's Holden bias has now turned to Cromly's Holden bias, so nothing really changed then
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Sep 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3309890)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Skaife's Holden bias has now turned to Cromly's Holden bias, so nothing really changed then
The Fordies will of course say that but he spent as much time in Nissans and Fords as he did it anything else!
Old 27 Sep 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3309893)   #16
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Fordies will of course say that but he spent as much time in Nissans and Fords as he did it anything else!
Yeah that's right.

Funnily enough I actually consider Crommo to be a Ford man.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3309896)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
Funnily enough I actually consider Crommo to be a Ford man.
He did spend the last 6 years of his career in Fords, but the earlier 6 years or part years on Holdens.

Interestingly his career best championship position was 10th in the 2 Gardner Racing Coke years. Finishing his years in the AU probably made him look a worse driver than I think him to be.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3309903)   #18
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You just ignore TSR as he gets a bit excited when it comes to letting the facts get in the way of bias.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 06:30 (Ref:3309904)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
You just ignore TSR as he gets a bit excited when it comes to letting the facts get in the way of bias.
This forum isn't the worst for it, but there are so many out there clutching at straws, claiming the whole sport is biased against Ford. Crazy conspiracy theorists one and all.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3309909)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The whole sport isnt biased against Ford. Ford would have to be an active participant as opposed to being a team sponsor for such a thing to happen.

They seem to have, by accident or design, put all their eggs in the FPR basket, and when there are holes in that basket (or feet..), there isnt another Ford team to be consistently competitive and up there with them.

That they get outpoliticked isnt a surprise either, because their motorsport manager seems to be doing it on a part time basis, does he even show up at race weekends? Can he compete with the world's greatest wheelbarrow pusher in Mr McNamara?

The 'sport' didnt do any of these things, the Ford Motor Company did. Or didnt do, as the cause may be

Old 27 Sep 2013, 09:32 (Ref:3309949)   #21
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It was said with tounge firmly planting in cheek, and Reload couldnt help himself having a shot at me.

Im a Cromly fan.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 27 Sep 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3309952)   #22
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
It was said with tounge firmly planting in cheek, and Reload couldnt help himself having a shot at me.

Im a Cromly fan.
Your an easy target
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3310262)   #23
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The whole sport isnt biased against Ford. Ford would have to be an active participant as opposed to being a team sponsor for such a thing to happen.
Almost like Ford is biased against Ford.

What other manufacturer wouldn't support their championship winning teams?
Old 28 Sep 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3310287)   #24
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
What other manufacturer wouldn't support their championship winning teams?
In this championship?

Holden weren't backing Bob Morris/Ron Hodgson after their championship win in 1979
Volvo stopped backing their team after Robbie Francevic won the 1986 crown
BMW swung their attention away from Frank Gardner's team after they won the 1987 championship
Old 29 Sep 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3310554)   #25
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
In this championship?

Holden weren't backing Bob Morris/Ron Hodgson after their championship win in 1979
Volvo stopped backing their team after Robbie Francevic won the 1986 crown
BMW swung their attention away from Frank Gardner's team after they won the 1987 championship
That J Sheppard ran two car team of Volvo's with Volvo Australia all over them must be a figment of my imagination.