Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3344963)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
WHAAAAAAAT?

Allan McNish retires from racing

Audi Sport did tweet about "some important news to come", never in a million years would I have expected this.

EDIT: It's big enough news to warrant its own thread I suspect. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140294
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3344968)   #17
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you read the latest Motorsport magazine he was talking about how to retire and how Laurent Aiello retired. There was also a McNish special reviewing all his career.

WeŽll miss him a lot, top driver, top personallity, thanks Allan for all these years.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3344969)   #18
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Goodwood
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Di Grassi in the number 1 then I imagine. Wonder how long TK will continue.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3344973)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
my thoughts exactly, i didn't think audi had said anything yet. nico is a superb racer, and really badly underrated by the single seater crowd. hopefully audi have done the smart thing and signed him up. presumably they'll be doing some clarification tomorrow?
I think we might have just found the reason why Audi have been trying out Muller then.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:27 (Ref:3344984)   #20
LMP1
Rookie

LMP1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP1 View Post
  • We are both Scottish and love to support local drivers but with no di Resta at Force India, there are no Scottish drivers left in F1 - however, one of the reigning Le Mans winners and WEC world champions is local boy, Allan McNish!
Erm... well this is awkward.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3344986)   #21
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to suggest you cheer on Jonny Adam as he might be needed more now that Fred Mako has moved to Porsche - except that there's a few British GT clashes with WEC.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3345045)   #22
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Boston, MA
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
AF Corse has confirmed both GTE-Pro cars.
Do you have a link to this? I haven't read anything on AF Corse since the article confirming their USCC GTD entry and saying they were reviewing their GTE-Pro program.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3345060)   #23
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Do you have a link to this? I haven't read anything on AF Corse since the article confirming their USCC GTD entry and saying they were reviewing their GTE-Pro program.
Exactly, I have yet to see an article containing confirmation of a 2014 FIA WEC program.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3345062)   #24
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I saw one too, just don't have the link right now. Said they were keeping Fisi and the other drivers but may change their lineups
Old 17 Dec 2013, 16:32 (Ref:3345080)   #25
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
REQUESTS:
- Prospeed Competition drivers should be the same drivers fom last year.
- Super GT driver Naoki Yamamoto should partner with Makowiecki, and the third driver might be Dumas, Pilet or any other driver.
- Any Japansese driver should be confirmed for the second Strakka Racing number.
- Kobayashi should stay in the WEC.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3345093)   #26
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad for you, but let's hope Allan always enjoys his life. Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
And I think Audi #3 di Grassi, Marc Gene and Jarvis is pretty much confirmed as is the case this year?
Old 17 Dec 2013, 16:44 (Ref:3345095)   #27
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
Neither Porsche nor Audi line-ups are.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Dec 2013 at 06:14.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3345105)   #28
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, why? Always thought him to be one of the best drivers out there, shame really
Old 17 Dec 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3345111)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Strong list Beetle. No complaints with any of that. A few of the driver line-ups will shake themselves out before Silverstone and hopefully soon we can add some more teams.
I'm trying to avoid compulsive posting and entry speculation on this one, unlike the 2013 Le Mans thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I've been wondering about Larbre also. Hope they return with the Corvette so we can have some American muscle in
the GT classes. Not hopeful of seeing a viper though.
Probably not much of a chance of seeing a Viper -- they did mention expanding internationally, but only with the SRT Viper GT3, not the GTS-R. I think we'll have to wait until the GTE/GT3 merger is put in place to see a Viper in the WEC, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
WHAAAAAAAT?

Allan McNish retires from racing

Audi Sport did tweet about "some important news to come", never in a million years would I have expected this.

EDIT: It's big enough news to warrant its own thread I suspect. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140294
That's massive news... really sad, he was a world-class addition to the WEC. I'll miss his presence in racing greatly.

On the bright side, I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
REQUESTS:
- Prospeed Competition drivers should be the same drivers fom last year.
- Super GT driver Naoki Yamamoto should partner with Makowiecki, and the third driver might be Dumas, Pilet or any other driver.
- Any Japansese driver should be confirmed for the second Strakka Racing number.
- Kobayashi should stay in the WEC.
For anything GTE, it can't be Dumas... he's signed full time with the Porsche 919 Hybrid LMP1. Unless he pulls a Scott Tucker and drives two cars over the course of one race... not sure what the rules about that are. Nevertheless, I'm sure they can find an adequate replacement for a 3rd driver.

Sorry, I won't accept those "requests", unless you can provide some direct sources. Otherwise, it's just educated guessing. I agree, though - I think we should see a few Japanese drivers with Strakka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Neither Porsche or Audi line-ups are.
No, they aren't -- the only reason I put them on the OP was because all of the drivers were confirmed. Plus it was on Wikipedia... THANKS A LOT FstrthnU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Sad for you, but let's hope Allan always enjoys his life. Is the Porsche P1 line up confirmed?
And I think Audi #3 di Grassi, Marc Gene and Jarvis is pretty much confirmed as is the case this year?
Not for full-season... perhaps for Spa and Le Mans but not for the other six. The only way I can see it happening is if the tests don't go well and they feel disadvantaged for 2014.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3345133)   #30
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Boston, MA
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

In addition to what is on the front page, I think we can expect Corvette Racing and SRT Motorsports to return to Le Mans next year even without announcements yet.

Craft Racing has also announced that they will enter GTE-Am with a Vantage GTE rented from Aston Martin Racing.

Patrick Dempsey will also be in some sort of Porsche next year, be it his own or one of the European teams.