Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Feb 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3959231)   #166
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i bet those people who cancelled orders for 220 jags regret doing that now with the prices they fetch.
Off topic.

They would have to have waited years. At one point they were down to £70k.

If anyone bought one new and still have it. Brilliant, that probably means they were an enthusiast and also probably means they are unlikely to sell now.

They were £340k new. £709k allowing for inflation (I use BoE calculator). OK this is not an interest rate, but if you’d invested the £340k you’d have done better. I don’t think they are fetching that at the moment. More like they are back to their original, or a bit over, the original list price (ignoring inflation).

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car..._type=advanced

It would have been better to invest in gold (or others, this link is kinda fun)
https://financial-calculators.com/hi...ent-calculator

Old 22 Feb 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3959232)   #167
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Quote:
It’s frustrating, because the manufacturer that has somehow steered the regulations and caused delays is gone,” ...
Bolded for emphasis. Pascal Vasselon is basically confirming what we've long suspected about AM's demands and the way the rules were formed.
I can see that this is very frustrating for all, especially Toyota and the ACO.

The rules may well have been different, but would the timing? A year earlier?
Old 22 Feb 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3959253)   #168
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMDh “Damaged” Customer Aston LMH Sales Potential
Customer Valkyrie LMH cars would have formed “significant part” of project funding…

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...les-potential/
Old 22 Feb 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3959256)   #169
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Customer Valkyrie LMH cars would have formed “significant part” of project funding…

It requires time to evaluate if there's customer market still? Does he actually mean anti-time? Mr Data would you please come to the bridge, now.

Anyway someone's comment to the article:
"They shouldn't be allowed at the steering committee meetings. Go sit on the sidelines and let the adults with money and plans talk. And I NEVER thought I would say the ACO was the more thoughtful and mature group"

Right... while annoying, it is not the fault of Aston Martin when they lobby for favorable rules and pull out whenever it suits them. That's like saying it's the fault of family dog when it sleeps on the bed, when it shouldn't. It is the fault of the organizer giving up to such lobbyism and building the entire concept around marketing promises

They say whenever you end up in the old folks home, you become a kid again. That is exactly what's happened to the senile ACO, the end of adulthood and going back to childhood.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3959276)   #170
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The aco/wec admits that they knew Aston was in financial trouble and they knew Stroll was going to take the helm. At least they were aware of the second part when the rest of the world was. From there, I think the negotiating should have been switched to the ACO having a position of power. Now they have Peugeot in the room, AM should be pushed further back and their desires dropped. Hypercar should take a different look or route. Peugeot is interested in hybrids, so the dropping of two systems seems like a big waste. So is the 1100kg and the road car requirement.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 22:53 (Ref:3959283)   #171
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The rules may well have been different, but would the timing? A year earlier?
Depends how you mean that. They wouldn't debut the class any earlier, but there would have been a rule book and actual cars a heck of a lot sooner. You remove the road car ghost brigade and the issues with lap times and messing with LMP2 evaporate as well.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 23:35 (Ref:3959288)   #172
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post

Excuses just keep coming up.

I rremember back in or around June there was talk about a secondary team (so 4 cars in total) and now they make it sound like as if it had been the modern 956/962 equivalent.

“It’s got nothing to do with Lawrence Stroll coming in; it’s got nothing to do with the fact that we’ve had a tougher-than-expected financial year,” King said."

Last edited by deggis; 22 Feb 2020 at 23:47.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 23:40 (Ref:3959290)   #173
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, put down the shovels. NOTHING you say can help, it can only hurt. Lick your wounds and prep Lawrence for the potential of his son not staying with your F1 team and move to sportscar racing.

Then pretend LMDh is what you really wanted and call it the next Norse god on your list. You will be welcomed back, sportscar racing always let's people come back. Otherwise we would have booted you and Nissan after those efforts.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3959292)   #174
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I was looking forward to seeing one in R-Motorsport colors too. I'm not really upset they're not joining, especially because I now believe it wouldn't be as great of a car they bragged of. I am upset they had the regs moved to their favor and we have to live with the consequences of cars barely faster than lmp2. But this weekend's race at COTA is the same story so I guess it's already here
Old 23 Feb 2020, 02:06 (Ref:3959320)   #175
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I was looking forward to seeing one in R-Motorsport colors too. I'm not really upset they're not joining, especially because I now believe it wouldn't be as great of a car they bragged of.
But didn't they say they would have to detune the car to make it fit within the speed requirements suggested by the class?

I joke, but seriously I am sad they won't be on the grid. I think that car is fantastic looking.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 02:37 (Ref:3959324)   #176
TF110
Veteran

United States
It was probably because of the power it produced (in road car trim) that they were on about it being as fast as lmp2 (I think was the claim). I somehow doubt it would be without 1100hp, and probably on certain tracks. So it seems the car needs to be worked on a lot to at lmp2 speed with the 'reduced' power.