Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Sep 2007, 11:16 (Ref:2003459)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Daily Sportscar have the provisional entry list:

No Lavaggi (gutted, I was looking forward to seeing it for some obscure reason).

No RFH.

No Swiss Spirit/Lola-Audi.

Haruki Kurosawa is in at Creation (replacing Shinji Nakano). I see this as a definite strengthening of the Creation line-up.

Max and Tom Chilton will pilot the Arena Zytek (good luck Max!).

T2M are back (at the back?)

Ollie Gavin will be in the #72 Corvette.

The IMSA Performance MATMUT Porsche will be back (with Raymond Narac).

I've probably missed something, but these appear to be the key points of interest.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 11:18 (Ref:2003460)   #52
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Have we thought about a Tenths meeting?
IF we do, could we make it at the end of the day as I'm on post all day and would probably miss you all again( like Le Mans!) Be damn fine to put some faces to names!

I'm there from Friday morning until the close of play Sunday, so lots of chances to catch up with a few of you 10thers!
Old 4 Sep 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2003466)   #53
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
And Endurance-Info.com has also published the list!
Old 4 Sep 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2003469)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I definitely think we should, but I suspect time and location will have to be a 'majority decision' given the very limited amount of free time in the schedule. It'll be difficult to find a mutually convenient time/place to suit everyone I suspect.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 11:43 (Ref:2003480)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Max Chilton ..... whats he done before ?

Be interesting to see how quick Gavin can make the LAA C6R go .

No Enge in the Charouz Lola ..... not surprised but was hoping to see him out in this car this year .
Old 4 Sep 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2003492)   #56
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[quote=The Badger]Max Chilton ..... whats he done before ? Currently the youngest driver in British F3, before that T-Cars.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 12:02 (Ref:2003502)   #57
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We -Drinking for Holland, only four strong for this race!- will be with Club Anarge on Whittlebury campsite.
Probably on one of the Grandstands for the start after which we'll wonder off to all kinds of viewing spots on the circuit. Just look out for Dutch flags and orange shirts with white lions on them (unless we get a repeat of the '05 weather).

Are you going, Badger?
Old 4 Sep 2007, 12:05 (Ref:2003508)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure we talked about this two years ago, but the incessant rain made it more difficult to organise. As I say, I'm still not entirely sure when I'm going to be there, but it ought to be possible to sort something out?

PS Are the grandstands free again this year?
Old 4 Sep 2007, 12:34 (Ref:2003536)   #59
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
Are you going, Badger?
Naa Paddy ..... I live in Austria , but I dont have the time to go anyway .
Old 4 Sep 2007, 12:40 (Ref:2003539)   #60
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
PS Are the grandstands free again this year?
I'd imagine so. In fact I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't. Having said that, this is rip-off 21st century Britain we're talking about, so it's not wise to say anything for definite!
Old 4 Sep 2007, 12:49 (Ref:2003544)   #61
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03

No Lavaggi (gutted, I was looking forward to seeing it for some obscure reason).

No RFH.

No Swiss Spirit/Lola-Audi.

Haruki Kurosawa is in at Creation (replacing Shinji Nakano). I see this as a definite strengthening of the Creation line-up.

Max and Tom Chilton will pilot the Arena Zytek (good luck Max!).

T2M are back (at the back?)

Ollie Gavin will be in the #72 Corvette.

The IMSA Performance MATMUT Porsche will be back (with Raymond Narac).

I've probably missed something, but these appear to be the key points of interest.
Shame about Lavaggi, it may look odd but aren't those weird and wonderful entries one of the great attractions of sportscar racing? The Lucchini is on the list, though, as is the Markland Z06, which is good to see. I wonder if there is an available entry list for the CER race? We usually get pretty miserable entries for that over here, I'm hoping this time may be different?
Old 4 Sep 2007, 13:54 (Ref:2003586)   #62
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
the lmes official site shows tomas enge in the charouz lola is this true? i can understand why as antonin charouz manages enge i thought there strongest driver was stephan mucke though.
No Enge.... this is the real list now
Old 4 Sep 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2003706)   #63
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=ChrisA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Max Chilton ..... whats he done before ? Currently the youngest driver in British F3, before that T-Cars.
could be interesting though, despite being 16 and driving one of the best car's(lucky ******* ) he should be at least fairly quick but i cant see him being near the speed of his brother though, atleast not this year
Old 4 Sep 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2003775)   #64
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Now there's a good idea.
Old 4 Sep 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2003810)   #65
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm marshalling, not sure where I will be as of yet. But if you come then bring some magnets in your pockets!

Yep I remember 2005. I'm still drying out from it!
Old 4 Sep 2007, 23:24 (Ref:2003925)   #66
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dad told me never again after 2005. Luckily I can drive myself this year
Old 5 Sep 2007, 07:30 (Ref:2004047)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry to use the thread for a private message but can Sander (vandijk) please free up some space in his PM box?
Old 5 Sep 2007, 07:59 (Ref:2004062)   #68
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no enga for charouz then whata shame but mucke and charouz are still quick drivers. the real suprise for me was haruki kurasawa joining the creation team having seen him race for jota in 2005 he is bloody quick . i remember silverstone in 05 when he was sick in the car at the start of the race but still held a good position untill they lifted him out of the car . looks like its gonna be a good race lets hope the weather is just as good .
Old 5 Sep 2007, 09:03 (Ref:2004098)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysalv
i remember silverstone in 05 when he was sick in the car at the start of the race....
He probably ate one of the same damp burgers that I did........
Old 5 Sep 2007, 11:42 (Ref:2004203)   #70
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He probably ate one of the same damp burgers that I did........
You mean from those friendly Polish people who only knew the word 'hamburger'?
Ordering anything else seemed rather difficult back then
Old 5 Sep 2007, 12:33 (Ref:2004241)   #71
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm sure we talked about this two years ago, but the incessant rain made it more difficult to organise. As I say, I'm still not entirely sure when I'm going to be there, but it ought to be possible to sort something out?
Hope so, would be good to meet a few more. I'm marshalling - flags - for all three days and staying over in my caravan, so end of Saturday would be great, failing that just stop and say hello to any flag marshal you see with a 10ths badge on the arm of his overalls. (or one wearing an orange Worcester Rugby shirt if the weather's warm!)

Really looking forward to this event again, last time was a cracking race once it actually got going.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 15:37 (Ref:2004370)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
You mean from those friendly Polish people who only knew the word 'hamburger'?
Ordering anything else seemed rather difficult back then

That's the ones........

Looks quite like I'll be there Sat and Sun now. Then I have two weeks off - very late summer hols......
Old 5 Sep 2007, 16:17 (Ref:2004406)   #73
24_heures
Rookie

24_heures should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys. For those wondering about getting closer to the cars. The pitlane walkabout is 11.00-11.20 Sunday morning. Not long to get up and down that pitlane, but better than nothing.

I believe your general entry ticket is all you need. Thats certainly been the case at the other events.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2004525)   #74
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=dj choc ice]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA

could be interesting though, despite being 16 and driving one of the best car's(lucky ******* ) he should be at least fairly quick but i cant see him being near the speed of his brother though, atleast not this year

Over one lap I would expect him to be as quick if not quicker, I would put this down to him having more experience in single seaters and thus more craft. Cant see either of them challenging the Charouz or the Pescas though which is a shame. The Johannson/Shimoda team up was far stronger imho.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 21:28 (Ref:2004658)   #75
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those off you that missed it.... Mike Hezemans and Peter Dumbreck will be driving the number 85 Spyker.