Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2019, 08:31 (Ref:3949162)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
HSCC OULTON PARK GOLD CUP

HSCC 3 day Bank Holiday meeting. To include FJHRA and Dunlop Saloon Car Cup grids, plus AMOC.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3995817)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Provisional timetable: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...rk-V1-2020.pdf
Old 16 Aug 2020, 20:01 (Ref:3995832)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Now that Zandvoort F2 is off I might enter Aurora race in March 79 B
Old 17 Aug 2020, 06:50 (Ref:3995885)   #4
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Looks decent . I prefer to travel on the Sunday (it's a 250 mile round trip) but a 12 noon start will leave me shortchanged . So Monday it is , for my second trip of the year to Oulton .

If somebody were to post a link to the entry nearer the time that'd be very helpful .
Old 18 Aug 2020, 08:04 (Ref:3996149)   #5
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this ticket only? The website shows business as normal with classic car show etc and advanced tickets plus admission on the day but dated 6 months ago. Have e mailed for clarification but no reply.
Old 18 Aug 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3996229)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I toyed with the idea of entering this meeting, only to find out that currently there are no direct flights from Hamburg to Manchester, so getting there would have been possible, but tedious

As always: Due to limits of the circuit license and the fact that Saturday morning can not be used for regular practice, the timetable is slightly akward

so in the end, I gave it a miss

RudE
Old 18 Aug 2020, 17:27 (Ref:3996269)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm View Post
Is this ticket only? The website shows business as normal with classic car show etc and advanced tickets plus admission on the day but dated 6 months ago. Have e mailed for clarification but no reply.

Ticket only, according to this page on the website:

https://oultonpark.msv.com/OP-20-Gol...ission-Tickets
Old 20 Aug 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3996742)   #8
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...-Gold-2020.pdf
Old 21 Aug 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3996796)   #9
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Looks a bit threadbare in places
Old 21 Aug 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3996946)   #10
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to coming along on the Sunday
Grids looking better than I expected given the situation
Fingers crossed on the weather
Old 29 Aug 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3998638)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm - Iain qualifies 24th and 1st in class, but in the pits after only 3 laps.....hopefully something fixable......
Old 29 Aug 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3998644)   #12
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets

Does anyone know if tickets are available on the gate?

Colin
Old 29 Aug 2020, 12:08 (Ref:3998650)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post

Colin

As per my post #7 above, the website says all must be booked in advance. Whether that can be 5 seconds in advance to get an electronic ticket, I don't know .......EDIT: Just read this on their website: "PLEASE NOTE: Advance booking closed at 16:00 Friday 28 August." - so that'll be a "no" then.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3998652)   #14
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parkinson View Post

Colin

A recent meeting at Donington had the "Advanced tickets only" message BUT it was possible to buy on the gate, albeit that the advanced price was something like £16 and on the gate was £21. No mention of the OTG price on the web site.
Old 29 Aug 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3998664)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have just asked for you and I’m afraid you cannot buy tickets on the gate .
Old 29 Aug 2020, 14:15 (Ref:3998688)   #16
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How annoying was planning on coming on Sunday and even persuaded my son to come with me...
Old 29 Aug 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3998788)   #17
Colin Parkinson
Rookie

England
Halifax 'Oop North'
Colin Parkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Delta, it is all a bit ambiguous and it's a long way to come on the off chance. someone did say they were available on the gate, but I cannot confirm that now. But thanks for checking it out for me.

Another mate of mine is there as well and he is going to see what is what.

Colin
Old 30 Aug 2020, 07:59 (Ref:3998820)   #18
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just had my usual Sunday morning walk around the track . All very empty .So sad as it’s a lovely Autumn morning .
Old 30 Aug 2020, 08:18 (Ref:3998823)   #19
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had my usual Sunday morning walk around the track . All very empty .So sad as it’s a lovely Autumn morning .
It’s ok....il break the silence in my SRT6 soon enough :-p heading up from Middlewich before the first race, but enjoying a morning in bed with a coffee!

I expect things to get busier with a later start today

Looking at the grids there are some decent numbers out there...a couple of grids thin on the ground but I’m just glad to see putting their pride and joys on the circuit
Old 30 Aug 2020, 10:45 (Ref:3998849)   #20
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
ERRRRRR Edit.....we just arrived and it’s the busiest we’ve seen the gold cup in years!!!!!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 21:17 (Ref:3999110)   #21
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Well that was a very plesant day. Some really good racing and what the smaller grids lacked in quantity they made up for in quality.

The R32/ Vectra battle was really nice...I’d forgotten how loud/ quick they were! The Araura race has some lovely F2 cars in and the thunder sport race.....I do love those chevrons

I’m just thankful owners are willing to put on a show under the circumstances

More of the same tomorrow please
Old 31 Aug 2020, 05:38 (Ref:3999149)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes agree . It’s been a nice clubbie meeting . Mind you I’ve been blooming cold a night in the back of Delta truck .
Old 31 Aug 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3999157)   #23
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes agree . It’s been a nice clubbie meeting . Mind you I’ve been blooming cold a night in the back of Delta truck .
Haha yeh I don’t envy you, as I’m sat here in my duvet with my second coffee of the day :-p

I’m sure you won’t mind the trade off later on lol
Old 31 Aug 2020, 16:04 (Ref:3999255)   #24
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Sorry to see Iain's weekend doesn't seem to have got much better.....after a non-finish yesterday with only a few laps on the board, today non-classified with only 6 laps completed...... At least the weather was good
Old 31 Aug 2020, 17:38 (Ref:3999276)   #25
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
A curate's egg. I left before the 60 minute Jag race (which should obviously have been the last race) , enjoyed FF1600 (shame about red flags )and Historic saloons but God help us - 8 cars for the Supertourer race , with half of field retiring ...

At least any day is a good one if it has B16 content .

Catering - for F3/GT lots of places . Today - a queue for cafe and one van on infield. Good crowd, so why I wonder ?