Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 29 Feb 2024, 07:09 (Ref:4198786)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Egg F1 2024 Time Capsule

This thread almost passed me by.

This is where we make predictions for the season (the more lavish, grandiose and brave the better) and look back after Abu Dhabi to see how far off we were (it's better if you can easily verify them after that race).

I will lock the thread before qualifying until post-race Abu Dhabi.

Some from me:

Carlos Sainz will beat Charles Leclerc on points.

Sainz will win a Grand Prix, while Leclerc won't.

Leclerc will crash or spin out of the lead at least once.

Hamilton will win a Grand Prix.

Alonso will win a Grand Prix.

PĂ©rez will still be quoted as saying he can be world champion by as late as the Belgian Grand Prix.

There will be at least five different winning drivers.

Every team will get a podium finish.

Every driver who finished ahead of his team-mate last season will repeat the feat, except Leclerc (nothing against Leclerc, but otherwise a previous prediction would be wrong!).

At least one penalty will be handed out in at least 90% of Grands Prix (plug - see new predictions contest rules!).

At least one safety car or VSC will be deployed in at least 80% of Grands Prix (same plug again!).

Verstappen won't finish off the podium more than twice.

There will be at least two driver replacements during the season.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 09:29 (Ref:4198799)   #2
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Well here goes.....

In 2024
1. Verstappen will win the title unless he is sick/injured/unable to compete in multiple races.
2. Four (4) constructors will win at least one race.
3. Sainz will equal or beat Leclerc's points total for 2024.
4. Audi will back track on its decision to join F1.
5. Gasly and Ocon will not be on speaking terms by the end of the season.
6. Haas will be up for sale by the end of the year.
7. Hamilton will outscore George Russell in 2024.
8. Five (5) drivers will score points in at least 80% of the races (20 GP, it doesn't include sprints)
9. Stroll will surprise everyone and finish in the top 5 at least four times and qualify in the top six four times.
10. Norris will lead Piastri on points during the first half of the year but Piastri will outscore Norris over the second half of the year, even if Norris is ahead on the overall score for the year.
11. Ferrari will beat Mercedes in the constructor's championship for the year.
12. Stroll will score at least 1 podium in 2024
Old 29 Feb 2024, 11:13 (Ref:4198872)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Some from me:

1) Max wins the title by more than 200 points.
2) Gasly and Ocon collide on track more than once.
3) Ferrari finish 2nd in the constructors championship.
4) LeClerc dnf at Monaco.
5) At least one team will make a driver change during the season.
6) Haas finish last again.
7) At least one delayed start due to weather.
8) Perez doesn't finish 2nd in the championship.
9) At least one complaint about Magnussen's defensive driving over team radio.
10) No wins for Hamilton.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 14:44 (Ref:4198900)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only my last prediction is on the "crazy" side this year. I am struggling to find confidence in my crystal ball. A few of these are a bit contradictory.

1. Verstappen will win another championship
2. Verstappen will win all but two GP races this season.
3. Fight for second in the championship will be VERY tight in 2023. Perez will not take second.
4. Perez will improve on his 2023 form, but talk of his performance relative to Max will continue to be a topic. I think this will be the last year for Perez at RBR, even if he improves the performance gap to Verstappen this year.
5. Ricciardo will show flashes of his old self as the RB car will have improved over recent past.
6. Tsunoda will continue to be hot and cold but will outperform Ricciardo.
7. Norris will not win a race.
8. If McLaren wins a race, Piastri will win before Norris (I rate both and rate Norris higher, but he has bad luck)
9. Sainz will outperform Leclerc on points
10. Sainz and Leclerc will have drama. At least one collision resulting in at least one retirement.
11. Haas will finish last in the championship. Lots of doom and gloom within the team and speculation of sale to Andretti after end of season.
12. No drivers will be switched out during the season. (2025 silly season is another topic!)
13. The RBR car will have some early performance window/setup challenges that will surprise people. There will be lots of "Oh no, the Mercedes minimal side pod strikes down another team". But they will get it addressed within four races and the car will be the best of them all.

Richard
Old 29 Feb 2024, 15:54 (Ref:4198912)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1. Max will win it all again
2. Perez will retain his seat for 2025
3. at least 2 drivers will be replaced in season
4. Haas will be partially sold to a celebrity led consortium.
5. Gasly and Ocon will make contact with one another at least 3 times
6. Norris and Piastri will win a race.
7. Ham over Russell, Leclerc over Sainz, and Ham over Leclerc
8. 24 in 24 will happen...the spice must flow!
9. a major mid season rule change will reshuffle the order
10. Alonso will not win a race
Old 29 Feb 2024, 21:09 (Ref:4198976)   #6
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Sainz will beat Leclerc in the WDC
2. Verstappen will win the WDC
3. Piastri will win a race
4. Aston Martin will finish lower in the WCC than 2023
5. There will be a driver swap during the season
6. Ricciardo will get double Tsunoda's points tally
7. It will be confirmed during the season that Ocon will not return to Alpine for 2025
8. Perez will win the Mexico GP
9. Red Bull will win at least 20 races
10. Andretti will purchase a stake in a team during the season
Old 1 Mar 2024, 10:32 (Ref:4199051)   #7
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
1. Verstappen will be involved in at least one controversial finish to a GP.
2. Mercedes will finish ahead of Ferrari leaving Hamilton something to ponder.
3. Sainz willl go to Mercedes for 2025 on one year deal with options.
4. Perez will not win a race.
5. There will be one entertaining race that will feature a non Red Bull winner.
6. Alpine will finish 10th in the constructors championship.
7. Stroll will pull out on outstanding performance in a race taking everone by surprise.
8. There will be a major falling out between the McLaren drivers as Piastri gets the upper hand over the season.
Old 1 Mar 2024, 13:49 (Ref:4199080)   #8
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
OK, I've never entered this before, but here are my predictions:
Verstappen will win the WDC again and Perez will not be kept on by Red Bull afterwards.
On the subject of Red Bull, despite the present rumblings (March 1st) Christian Horner will see out the season as Team Principal.
Sainz will outscore LeClerc.
Hamilton's pace will drop off as the season progresses (unless he is in with a chance of the WDC.
At least one race will finish behind the safety car.
Sainz & LeClerc will tangle during a race forcing one car to DNF at least 3 times.
Haas will finish last in the WCC.
Toto & Christian will continue to bicker throughout the season.
McLaren will have more podiums than Alpine but Norris still will not win a GP.