Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Sep 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4074453)   #401
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Better enjoy seeing them while we still can, they ain't getting any younger, yet they are still as competitive as ever
Old 18 Sep 2021, 22:16 (Ref:4074525)   #402
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I applaud this Vettel optimism but he's had 2, maybe 3 decent races this year?

He's hardly put Stroll away on pace either?

Reckon younger and more eager talent would get more out of that package. 2 water carriers in situ.
Old 19 Sep 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4074625)   #403
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He's still getting enough decent results and the team are no doubt benefitting from his experience
Old 21 Sep 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4074911)   #404
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I see that Martin Whitmarsh has been signed by Aston Martin as CEO. Nice to see him back - he always comes across as a decent bloke I think.
Old 21 Sep 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4074917)   #405
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
I see that Martin Whitmarsh has been signed by Aston Martin as CEO. Nice to see him back - he always comes across as a decent bloke I think.
'Aston Martin F1 CEO and team principal Otmar Szafnauer will report to Whitmarsh, with both men answerable to Aston Martin owner Lawrence Stroll.'

I assume that the CEO of the F1 team reporting to the CEO of Aston Martin Performance Technologies, who then reports to the Aston Martin owner still makes Aston Martin a sponsor?

'Aston Martin Performance Technologies will be similar in nature to equivalent, well-established companies at McLaren and Williams'
Old 21 Sep 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4074942)   #406
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so basically Mclaren finally win a race and Aston 'Martin' Whitmarsh gets released from whatever sub basement Woking dungeon Ron had him locked up in?

coincidence?
Old 21 Sep 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4074944)   #407
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
'Aston Martin F1 CEO and team principal Otmar Szafnauer will report to Whitmarsh, with both men answerable to Aston Martin owner Lawrence Stroll.'

I assume that the CEO of the F1 team reporting to the CEO of Aston Martin Performance Technologies, who then reports to the Aston Martin owner still makes Aston Martin a sponsor?

'Aston Martin Performance Technologies will be similar in nature to equivalent, well-established companies at McLaren and Williams'
Well, Aston Martin still has no ownership of the F1 team has it?

Mind you, Lawrence Stroll/Strulovich is not the “owner” of Aston Martin either.
Old 21 Sep 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4074951)   #408
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Following the trail at Companies House:

AMR GP LIMITED
Directors:
ROSS, Leslie Andreen
CHOU, Silas Kei Fong
STRULOVITCH, Lawrence Sheldon

Persons with significant control:
Amr Gp Holdings Limited

So, to the latter...

AMR GP HOLDINGS LIMITED previously RACING POINT UK HOLDINGS LIMITED
Directors:
ROSS, Leslie Andreen
CHOU, Silas Kei Fong

Jonathan Andrew Dudman (>75% shares & voting rights)
Mr Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch (significant influence or control)

In the last filed accounts (Dec 20), the final note states:

Quote:
30. Controlling party
The immediate parent company is Racing Point Limited, a company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands.
<snip>
The ultimate controlling party is considered to be Lawrence Strulovitch.
Looks a lot like Stroll Senior is the owner to me, albeit the BVI don't make their records public!
Old 21 Sep 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4074955)   #409
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am not sure if this an "under the rock" type of thing, but I was totally unaware of the Strulovitch vs. Stroll thing. I guess you learn something new every day!

Richard
Old 21 Sep 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4074965)   #410
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Well, Aston Martin still has no ownership of the F1 team has it?

Mind you, Lawrence Stroll/Strulovich is not the “owner” of Aston Martin either.
When you're offered an out, STOP DIGGING
Old 21 Sep 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4074971)   #411
S griffin
Veteran

I’m glad Mr Whitmarsh is back, I feel he got a bit of a rough end of the stick with his exit from McLaren. Certainly he did quite well in his limited time there IMHO. No doubt he can benefit the team and shows Stroll Sr is getting the right people on board
Old 21 Sep 2021, 23:59 (Ref:4074979)   #412
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m going to go out on a limb here, I think the Aston Martin F1 team is a works team.

Pleased for Martin Whitmarsh.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 06:33 (Ref:4074992)   #413
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’m going to go out on a limb here, I think the Aston Martin F1 team is a works team.

Pleased for Martin Whitmarsh.
I admire your position Adam.
Ditto for me.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4074994)   #414
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Following the trail at Companies House:

AMR GP LIMITED
Directors:
ROSS, Leslie Andreen
CHOU, Silas Kei Fong

Amr Gp Holdings Limited

So, to the latter...

AMR GP HOLDINGS LIMITED previously RACING POINT UK HOLDINGS LIMITED
Directors:
ROSS, Leslie Andreen
CHOU, Silas Kei Fong

Jonathan Andrew Dudman (>75% shares & voting rights)
Mr Lawrence Sheldon Strulovitch (significant influence or control)

In the last filed accounts (Dec 20), the final note states:

Looks a lot like Stroll Senior is the owner to me, albeit the BVI don't make their records public!
Good research but the claim I was rebutting is that Lawrence is the owner of “Aston Martin.” He isn’t, he owns 17% IIRC. It’s a publicly listed corporation.

From your research, it still looks like AM has no direct ownership stake of the F1 team. The old Racing Point company has simply been renamed, and remains a privately-held company.

Not really sure why some want to keep trying to score smartass points. Someone owning all or part of different companies doesn’t legally link the two companies, which is pretty basic stuff really.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 07:16 (Ref:4074995)   #415
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not really sure why some want to keep trying to score smartass points. Someone owning all or part of different companies doesn’t legally link the two companies, which is pretty basic stuff really.
I don't think it's a 'scoring points' situation, but a conversation surrounding points made such as:

Quote:
Still remains that Aston Mart?*n plc is nothing more than a team sponsor.
Which many here seem to feel is not accurate, and that Aston Martin Lagonda (through many links) are a lot more than just a team sponsor.

Previous reports such as:
'Stroll also brought his own Formula 1 team to Aston Martin'
'Aston Martin currently sponsors the Red Bull F1 team – and will continue to do so in 2020 – but has thereafter agreed a 10-year deal under which Racing Point will become the official works Aston squad.'

and the recent announcement of the formation of Aston Martin Performance Technologies indicate that a lot more than just sponsorship going on.

Quote:
[Lawrence] owns 17% IIRC. It’s a publicly listed corporation.
It's actually 25%, as of March this year - making him by far the majority shareholder ahead of Adeem at less than 7%.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4075014)   #416
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not really sure why some want to keep trying to score smartass points.
It’s like yellows. Smartass points bread smartass points. Someone somewhere must have made the first smartass point.

It’s a good example of something that has a simplistic technically correct answer, but the actual reality has a different and more interesting understanding.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4075033)   #417
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I demand a full examination of ownership of all of the teams, their sponsors (especially the title or naming rights sponsors). We also need to establish rules that we can use to define things like "owner", "controls", "factor/works team". We also need to fully understand the historical nature of each team, where they originated from, what percentage of staff remains from prior iterations, what locations they have occupied. I reserve the right to add additional requirements at a later date if the answers to these questions doesn't settle the larger question of how we should refer to these "teams" in this forum.

Note: Smartass points plus one for me! (Or "infinity plus one" if we want to play games with our smartass point attribution. Maybe we need rules for the smartass game as well)

Richard
Old 22 Sep 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4075037)   #418
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It could have been even worse. Instead of doing the deal with Aston Martin, they could instead have brought the Lotus name back to F1 again.

Not the real Lotus of course, and not the Toleman Benetton Renault Alpine Lotus, or the even the Caterham Lotus, but instead the Force India Racing Point Spyker Jordan Lotus. Good luck looking that up on companies house.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4075040)   #419
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It could have been even worse. Instead of doing the deal with Aston Martin, they could instead have brought the Lotus name back to F1 again.

Not the real Lotus of course, and not the Toleman Benetton Renault Alpine Lotus, or the even the Caterham Lotus, but instead the Force India Racing Point Spyker Jordan Lotus. Good luck looking that up on companies house.
Its all Colin Chapmans fault.
And a bit Eddie Jordan
Old 22 Sep 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4075041)   #420
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

23 Sep 2014:

'It is no secret that the Enstone-based team -- owned by Genii’s Gerard Lopez -- is not in the best financial state. Additionally, the performance of the Lotus E22 has been quite disappointing so far this year.

German magazine Sport Bild wrote Tuesday that Flavio Briatore (who still manages the career of Fernando Alonso) got in touch with teams Red Bull Racing and Mercedes AMG about a possible new home for Alonso.

The magazine added that Briatore is trying to convince Canadian billionaire, Lawrence Stroll, to invest in Lotus.

Briatore would then take Alonso to Lotus in order to revamp the image of the team. Keep in mind that Lotus will have Mercedes-Benz power units starting in 2015.'
Old 22 Sep 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4075043)   #421
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are times when I add information to a thread, and then wish I hadn't bothered.

Quite frankly I don't care one jot who owns what. I was just adding to what is actually known, rather than speculated.

Don't worry, I won't bother in future.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4075044)   #422
Richard C
Veteran

Greem, I thought it was informative. Just to let you know. My smartass comments were just playing off what Adam said and not pointing at you. It's just more of the overall absurdity of how "serious" this discussion has become. I still think it's an interesting discussion.

Richard
Old 22 Sep 2021, 16:32 (Ref:4075051)   #423
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is interesting. Thank you.

At least for me most smartass comments have been having fun at how seriously is was taken.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4075057)   #424
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Graeme, I would like to believe that most of us here really appreciate the trouble you have taken. Don't let the ............ grind you down!
Old 22 Sep 2021, 18:24 (Ref:4075065)   #425
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right! The details matter so keep them coming. Cant be anoraks otherwise.