Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 16 May 2022, 06:29 (Ref:4110147)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon Diffey

Yesterday we lost a popular member of the historic racing community. Simon sadly lost his life in a collision between an ambulance and his Bugatti. RIP Simon, condolences to his family and friends.
Old 17 May 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4110419)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks Pete,

R.I.P. Simon.
Old 18 May 2022, 08:46 (Ref:4110897)   #3
DAYTONASME
Rookie

United Kingdom
Oulton Park's my local
DAYTONASME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't sure where best to "post" this very sad news about Simon Diffey.

https://www.prescotthillclimb.co.uk/post/simon-diffey

https://twitter.com/goodwoodrevival/...29428685807616

https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2.../#entry9892232

.....great enthusiast, versatile racer, all done with a BIG smile..will be VERY much missed, condolences to his family & friends
Old 18 May 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4110460)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon, ran a printing business in Luton, oposite the BBC Three Counties Radio Station, when I reported on motorsport, and I got to kow Simon quite well as I often interviewed him or the sports programmes. Apart from being a very versatile, and effective driver of vintage and hstoric cars, he was an extremely charming gentleman. Apparently he was driving an vintage Bugatti on a dual carriageway when an ambulance on an emergency call sounded its siren, whereupon the car in front of Simon braked sharply (and quite uunecessarily, it seems), Simon without the same braking capacity swerved to avoid the car, and the passing ambulance clipped the Bugatti, and Simon was thown out.

Sadly Simon's brother James died some years ago, and now the family has to face this tradgedy.

Son George has regularly raced some of Simon's cars in VSCC events.

I will pray for them all.