Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Nov 2020, 12:45 (Ref:4016151)   #301
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are they entering ADAC GT Masters or something?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4016167)   #302
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Are they entering ADAC GT Masters or something?
International Space Hopper Racing I heard. The new electric space hoppers, no ICE to be seen.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:50 (Ref:4016174)   #303
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MB also making an announcement at 4pm...
Old 12 Nov 2020, 14:57 (Ref:4016176)   #304
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
MB also making an announcement at 4pm...
I expect it won't be a full list yet, but hopefully they'll have the range of sponsors lined up that they were unable to get this season.

We did see a change at the last event, but I expected more through the season if the situation had been more normal.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:50 (Ref:4016187)   #305
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
International Space Hopper Racing I heard. The new electric space hoppers, no ICE to be seen.
You're ahead of your time with ideas like that my man. Get that on Dragons Den.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:56 (Ref:4016189)   #306
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I expect it won't be a full list yet, but hopefully they'll have the range of sponsors lined up that they were unable to get this season.

We did see a change at the last event, but I expected more through the season if the situation had been more normal.
I was under the impression that the MB sponsors this year were all under the Blue Square 'umbrella', definitely surprised not to see a different one each round. Although apart from PC World, anyone have any idea who any of the others were?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 15:58 (Ref:4016190)   #307
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I think it'll be more than just new cars.
Pretty sure it'll be a merger/partnership with another team
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4016191)   #308
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 Hyundais for 2021

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Trade Price Cars - ?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4016192)   #309
Pickles
Veteran

And there we are...

https://racing.tradepricecars.com/tr...hip-programme/
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4016197)   #310
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I was under the impression that the MB sponsors this year were all under the Blue Square 'umbrella', definitely surprised not to see a different one each round. Although apart from PC World, anyone have any idea who any of the others were?
Plan was always a few rounds per Blue Square sponsor, but a variance depending on which sponsor it was I believe.

Sadly some big high street names had to reassess following the pandemic, but it allowed others on-board. You o ly have to look at their list of clients to get an idea.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:23 (Ref:4016198)   #311
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It changed at Silverstone.

Silverstone - CCS Media
Croft - Total Computers
Snetterton - Softcat
Brands Indy - To be announced

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 12 Nov 2020 at 16:28.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:35 (Ref:4016202)   #312
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
It changed at Silverstone.

Silverstone - CCS Media
Croft - Total Computers
Snetterton - Softcat
Brands Indy - To be announced
Thanks- I spotted the softcat change at Brands, but didn't recall the other changes. It feels like PC world was on the car throughout .
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:48 (Ref:4016203)   #313
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks- I spotted the softcat change at Brands, but didn't recall the other changes. It feels like PC world was on the car throughout .
Probably not helped by Curry’s PC World being on the car at Media Day and then the long wait to go racing, so the car had an extended time with Curry’s PC World on, but not actually racing. A lot of the team graphics and those used on ITV have the season start livery too.

So I can see why that’s the perception.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 16:58 (Ref:4016207)   #314
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi

Our MB Motorsport team partnership is with HP and Intel and its their retail/wholesale distributors who feature on the cars livery this season.

The schedule was altered because of the new calendar.

Blue Square are a separate partner who work with various well known big brands and their website will be able to explain their various businesses far better than I can! https://www.bluesquare.uk.com/

Just thought I'd explain it to make it a little clearer.

Look out for an announcement I think you'll like tomorrow at midday!

Cheers Shaun
Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4016208)   #315
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post

Cheers Shaun
you change cars too maybe ?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:31 (Ref:4016217)   #316
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, shame if we are losing a marque but not disappointed with some more Hyundais! Hopefully they can have a busy off-season of testing to get them a little higher up the grid.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 17:46 (Ref:4016218)   #317
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess the TPC deal will work out 2 cars under the TPC title sponsor, 2 cars under a different title sponsor all operated by Excelr8
Old 12 Nov 2020, 18:23 (Ref:4016222)   #318
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I guess the TPC deal will work out 2 cars under the TPC title sponsor, 2 cars under a different title sponsor all operated by Excelr8
Autosport are reporting it as:

'That two-year deal concludes at this weekend's Brands Hatch season finale, following which TPCR will join forces with Excelr8 which will run an expanded four-car line-up of the new-for-2020 Hyundai i30 N under the Excelr8 Trade Price Cars banner.'
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:00 (Ref:4016229)   #319
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Autosport are reporting it as:

'That two-year deal concludes at this weekend's Brands Hatch season finale, following which TPCR will join forces with Excelr8 which will run an expanded four-car line-up of the new-for-2020 Hyundai i30 N under the Excelr8 Trade Price Cars banner.'
So presumably Cisley won’t be running Hyundai’s ? options left , BMW, New Merc , SEAT?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:01 (Ref:4016230)   #320
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So presumably Cisley won’t be running Hyundai’s ? options left , BMW, New Merc , SEAT?
My money would be on C-class given the connections to the marque.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:20 (Ref:4016234)   #321
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My money would be on C-class given the connections to the marque.
Depends if they want to spend the time and money on developing a new car or buy a proven car from another team
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:29 (Ref:4016236)   #322
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Depends if they want to spend the time and money on developing a new car or buy a proven car from another team
They've said it's to move to a platform that is future-proofed for the hybrid era haven't they?
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:32 (Ref:4016237)   #323
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
Hi

Our MB Motorsport team partnership is with HP and Intel and its their retail/wholesale distributors who feature on the cars livery this season.

The schedule was altered because of the new calendar.

Blue Square are a separate partner who work with various well known big brands and their website will be able to explain their various businesses far better than I can! https://www.bluesquare.uk.com/

Just thought I'd explain it to make it a little clearer.

Cheers Shaun
Thanks Shaun, can’t wait
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:37 (Ref:4016239)   #324
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
My over working brain has concluded the shiny new Focii in Motorbase's shop might be Shauns. Which obviously will mean no such thing...
Old 12 Nov 2020, 19:53 (Ref:4016241)   #325
porsche962fan
Veteran

they did run Focus in the past but except Newsham's Podium there wasn't much to write about it