Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Oct 2020, 17:26 (Ref:4012452)   #301
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OK, I know you like numbers.
If I tell you 33/37, 44/52 and 6/177 the answer is…

Yes its weird as should here, no I'm not drunk! Well not yet, curfew will start within one hour…
Old 24 Oct 2020, 22:46 (Ref:4012600)   #302
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No idea, Gerard, except the first two are recurring fractions.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 06:11 (Ref:4012660)   #303
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Very good attempt, congrats. But you must think cars, rallye, bonnet and doors.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 09:21 (Ref:4012697)   #304
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
No idea, Gerard, except the first two are recurring fractions.
Crikey, I have no chance with this one. Maths was never my strong point, and I had to go to my friend Google to be reminded what a recurring fraction was!
Old 25 Oct 2020, 09:25 (Ref:4012700)   #305
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
' f course you do have a chance! Dont think "big"… And yes, google can help. Just a matter of search and… found! Re-read the clues and Mary your aunt!
Old 25 Oct 2020, 09:29 (Ref:4012701)   #306
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Please St Eval, feel free to join!!!
Old 25 Oct 2020, 11:50 (Ref:4012745)   #307
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Please St Eval, feel free to join!!!
Knowing Terence's shepherd name might help…
Old 25 Oct 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4012960)   #308
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hey les Anglais, we're talking about a piece of your history here, as famous as bus Ã* l'impériale, Madame Tussaud, Horse Guards or Buckingham gardens!
The color is tartan. Need first names? Try with John and George… The answer is not Renault Dauphine but…
Old 25 Oct 2020, 22:54 (Ref:4013036)   #309
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And what a great history it is too, long may it continue. Come on people, the answer is there somewhere. Although I’m struggling to work out the puzzle too
Old 26 Oct 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4013131)   #310
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clearly it seems to me we are talking 'Princes' (Dauphine)

No good on rallies though.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4013132)   #311
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Picture Puzzles

Now it makes sense, good call there, it’s always interesting when we have a bit of royalty in racing. Some have been better than others.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 10:53 (Ref:4013148)   #312
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on EB, wake up! Tartan red cars, very famous. Numbers refer to doors and bonnets. John who and George who? What kind of google are you using down there??
When EB or RB will find the answer, you'll know about the Dauphine reference. I must admit this one is tricky…

Chris tu as essayé de rechercher sur les deux premiers nombres ou au moins le premier? C'est vraiment une partie du sport automobile mondial made in GB…

Last edited by Gerard C; 26 Oct 2020 at 10:59.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 18:22 (Ref:4013260)   #313
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could do with a picture!!!
Old 27 Oct 2020, 06:28 (Ref:4013328)   #314
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dare ! You can put at least six… Can you name the George first?

Last edited by Gerard C; 27 Oct 2020 at 06:36.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 10:07 (Ref:4013342)   #315
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monte Carlo?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 27 Oct 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4013363)   #316
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yep! Perfect match.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4013369)   #317
S griffin
Veteran

Some things are just meant to go together and there is one example
Old 27 Oct 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4013373)   #318
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another one is my ex girlfriend and I !
Old 27 Oct 2020, 18:11 (Ref:4013406)   #319
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I find Will answer as a good one. The reference was Minis Cooper at Monte Carlo rallye. First number on the bonnet, registration, second on the doors rallye number.
The John in question was Cooper of course and George Harriman. Why a Dauphine then? Because Cooper tried to put a Coventry Climax engine but the handling was rated as poor.
May be someone has a picture from a Dauphine with a Climax engine?
Old 27 Oct 2020, 20:05 (Ref:4013424)   #320
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Works registration Minis make huge amounts of money now .
The trouble is , even in period , the same registration might have been on several different cars .

I remember reading about someone here who rebuilt a Mini on an original works number and sold it to a collector in Japan , [ the Japanese are very keen on Minis ]. To be driven there they have to have a local registration , so he either kept the number , or bought it back from the DVLA .
He then built another replica & sold that to someone in Japan, for a lot of money . He did it again with a third one .

Then in a car meeting in Japan , 2 of the owners met & each claimed to have the original car which led to a court case , [ here I believe ], where he got a prison sentence .
Old 27 Oct 2020, 20:13 (Ref:4013427)   #321
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A prison sentence for a registration? May be the judge found his inspiration in Italian job?
Old 27 Oct 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4013432)   #322
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A prison sentence for a registration? May be the judge found his inspiration in Italian job?
I think it was a case of fraud . Selling 3 cars for a lot of money & claiming each one was the same original works Mini Cooper .
Old 28 Oct 2020, 07:11 (Ref:4013480)   #323
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
EB, tu te ramollis du cerveau une fois l'été arrivé! J'espère que tu m'accorderas que c'était une foutue bonne question comme on dit dans le Périgord!
Old 28 Oct 2020, 09:51 (Ref:4013502)   #324
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
EB, tu te ramollis du cerveau une fois l'été arrivé! J'espère que tu m'accorderas que c'était une foutue bonne question comme on dit dans le Périgord!
Not so much my brain has gone soft in the sun or in lockdown, but the question was way too intelligent for a mere stupido from upside down land as I.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 10:16 (Ref:4013507)   #325
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Not so much my brain has gone soft in the sun or in lockdown, but the question was way too intelligent for a mere stupido from upside down land as I.
-And me!