Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Aug 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3995111)   #51
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's my bike, which I've owned for about 45 years - at least it's historic!
Attached Thumbnails
01A05522-317E-43D8-871B-A0D18FBFFE7A_1_105_c.jpeg  
Old 13 Aug 2020, 09:46 (Ref:3995112)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very traditional.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 12:10 (Ref:3995150)   #53
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Very period correct. Did you apply a Hache-Thé-Pépé?
Old 13 Aug 2020, 12:59 (Ref:3995162)   #54
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Very period correct. Did you apply a Hache-Thé-Pépé?
Just like all the best historic race cars!
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3995220)   #55
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surveying the aftermath of the Chobham Common wildfire a couple of days ago.

Old 21 Aug 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3996856)   #56
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Here's a nice thing... I just bought this 11 speed cassette from China. The six biggest sprockets are CNC'd from a single billlet of aluminium.

Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:46 (Ref:4005346)   #57
Alan Morgan
Veteran

This is a very enjoyable bike ride from Cadwell to Mablethorpe - great cycling roads.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34134662
Old 21 Sep 2020, 12:48 (Ref:4005348)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw some folks discussing that.

I'm now awaiting a new bike since they can't repair the old new one. Hopefully this week.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 09:22 (Ref:4008803)   #59
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great day yesterday
https://www.sustrans.org.uk/find-oth...RoC8_oQAvD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Bike.jpg  
Old 6 Oct 2020, 10:28 (Ref:4008814)   #60
Alan Morgan
Veteran

That route looks great!

...added to the cyclling bucket list.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 10:51 (Ref:4008816)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've got the replacement bike now just need a nice clear day to get out on it. Not sure I want to be splattered with mud etc. whilst pedalling.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 08:37 (Ref:4010081)   #62
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Latest addition and for the love of the Lotus brand, mom and dad as well as myself having sampled the Type 7, 23B, 26R or 59, this is my own introduction to the Lotus brand and one I can actually enjoy as racing on four wheels will hardly ever resume I think. It took me three years to find one, all period correct and components, I rode it once on a flat and straight stretch of road and without even pushing the average speed was over 36km/h for 36km.

Old 5 Nov 2020, 14:32 (Ref:4015008)   #63
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A report on the Bike Ride appears in the November MOG magazine if anyone cares.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 15:13 (Ref:4015013)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
How does one obtain a copy? I tried the website but you have to be a member.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 15:23 (Ref:4015016)   #65
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
How does one obtain a copy? I tried the website but you have to be a member.
Peter if you go to the calendar web site you will see top left a copy of the latest MOG, click and order a copy.

Enjoy,

Bob.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 15:33 (Ref:4015018)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope can't see any calendar links on the morgan site. Can you post the link you are talking about?
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4015046)   #67
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Nope can't see any calendar links on the morgan site. Can you post the link you are talking about?
Peter,
Pretend you are going to order a calendar, and click on the link on the ;sticky' or in the Tribute thread, When you get to the calendar site on E bay it is there you will see two small images of the latest copies of the magazine. and by clicking on the November issue you open up an order format.

Should you have a problem I will get one sent to your home address, as for the calendar..

Bob.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:41 (Ref:4015048)   #68
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A report on the Bike Ride appears in the November MOG magazine if anyone cares.
Not sure I want to read it or see the evidence
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:51 (Ref:4015050)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Peter,
Pretend you are going to order a calendar, and click on the link on the ;sticky' or in the Tribute thread, When you get to the calendar site on E bay it is there you will see two small images of the latest copies of the magazine. and by clicking on the November issue you open up an order format.

Should you have a problem I will get one sent to your home address, as for the calendar..

Bob.
Tried that. Didn't work.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 18:00 (Ref:4015052)   #70
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Tried that. Didn't work.
Very odd, it works for me, however, I will send you a copy, Peter After all you star in the piece..
Old 5 Nov 2020, 19:30 (Ref:4015065)   #71
bauble
Veteran

England
Peter,
A copy is on it's way.

Bob
Old 5 Nov 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4015066)   #72
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Not sure I want to read it or see the evidence
Cliff, you too get a couple of mentions
Old 5 Nov 2020, 19:54 (Ref:4015067)   #73
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Quote:
Cliff, you too get a couple of mentions
I managed to follow your instructions & bought a copy, I hope it’s not too disparaging
Old 7 Nov 2020, 09:38 (Ref:4015336)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Back to biking.

Finally got my act together yesterday and went for a ride using cleats. Having tried them and found it difficult to get off the pedals I worked out that you can ease off the retaining springs so I set them to full soft (well it was a bit damp) and set off. Reversed my usual direction so returned to the village up a short but steep incline. The point being that I went further than normal and found the journey much easier although whether that is the bike or simply the effect of the cleats I don't know.

However It does mean I can do some exploring and see if there's a decent route for the next Mike Bike Ride 2021. I'm thinking less steep climbs so a bit longer since we have canals around here.

Things I learned: 1. The wind causes neuralgia through the helmet so wear a skull cap; 2. Wear thicker socks because the shoes are not thermal; 3. Try to stop moving to a higher gear at the bottom of hills!
Old 7 Nov 2020, 09:55 (Ref:4015339)   #75
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Glad to hear you're getting on OK with cleats Peter! The other thing to be aware of when using them is that your feet will get very wet in the rain as it gets in through the bolt holes.

The gear changing becomes second nature after a while...

I've ordered a copy of MOG - it will be a nice reminder of what was a brilliant day!