Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Aug 2020, 16:39 (Ref:3999264)   #201
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cook should go to some exorcism ritual
Old 1 Sep 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3999379)   #202
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
King needs to move up, sure, but he also needs to recognise that he'll meet his limit at some point.
He and we will only ever know when he gets there, if he gets there. He certainly has shown he is head and shoulders above his peers thus far in his career.

As for Dan Camm, yes it took him most of his first year in touring cars to learn how to look after the tyres. Now I feel he is as good as the car allows him to be. If he were in the BMW, would he be on Colin's tail? Maybe. Maybe not.
Old 2 Sep 2020, 08:29 (Ref:3999562)   #203
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some interesting tweets from Josh Webster. He seems to be implying that King has different equipment or that his own car is inferior in some way.

"I am absolutely driving the wheels off what I have underneath me. I won’t say any more than that. People that know, know."
Old 2 Sep 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3999578)   #204
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Some interesting tweets from Josh Webster. He seems to be implying that King has different equipment or that his own car is inferior in some way.

"I am absolutely driving the wheels off what I have underneath me. I won’t say any more than that. People that know, know."
Ooh, now then... public implications of some form of cheating *always* go down well with the championship coordinators, driver's peers, other team managers and Motorsport UK
Old 2 Sep 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3999591)   #205
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post

In other news there are rumblings of an ex BTCC driver using "special fuel" in Historic racing...
Old 2 Sep 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3999603)   #206
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ooh, now then... public implications of some form of cheating *always* go down well with the championship coordinators, driver's peers, other team managers and Motorsport UK
seriously! they’re under the same awning with the same team. that’s going to go down brilliantly with everybody involved. must have run out of budget for the rest of the season and have nothing to lose or something...
Old 2 Sep 2020, 13:18 (Ref:3999624)   #207
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
OK, who's going to tell the lad about the clamp I put on the fuel line to limit the flow?

Oh, and you may as well mention the block of wood on the back of the throttle pedal whilst at it...
Old 6 Sep 2020, 06:51 (Ref:4000351)   #208
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sitting here watching tonight's IndyCar race and wondered if he'd have a shot at that, but... he's young and therefore his career path so far is relatively short and (until this year) all with Ginetta. I think he'll have a solid career in GT racing myself, in a Pro/Am partnership.

I've been wrong before, mind you.
To me, he's more suited to the BTCC. He's an aggressive driver that likes to get on with things, and is excellent in wheel-to-wheel combat.

I'd love to see Jamie Caroline in the series too. He would really add something.

Last edited by mattcanary; 6 Sep 2020 at 06:59.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 06:54 (Ref:4000352)   #209
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
And people were worried that Jordan going would be an issue. Oliphant has stepped his game up this year definitely.
That was a great move he pulled out in race 3 when his car was on two wheels. Before this season, he lost out so often when fighting for position. He has got so much better this season in that respect. Colin Turkington still has a fair bit more pace than him though - of course, there's no disgrace in that