Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Aug 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1368839)   #1
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russian Age Racing Aston Martin?

I thought Russian Age Racing would be running an Aston Martin at Spa? What happened to that? Will they now race it at Oschersleben instead?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1368925)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Rumour was they were ****ed off that the two Prodrive cars showed up for the race . So they decided to put their efforts into the 550 instead . Its supposed to be out at the next race though , a blue one !!!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1368989)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure why they should have been upset by a works presence. The car is still in its first development season and any customer should be pleased that works experience will continue to be built into the customer cars. Presumably, Russian Age will receive the benefit of an upgrade to the brake balance bar!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1369119)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe if they had entered Spa 24 , they might have even beaten the prodrive squad !!! That would have been a laugh .....
Old 1 Aug 2005, 13:51 (Ref:1369184)   #5
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Their first race with the DBR9 is now the Silverstone LMES round, and they'll race in FIA GT at Oschersleben onwards. Suggestions from Autosport say in the LMES race they could maybe have David Brabham, Nigel Mansell and Alain Prost in the driving seats...
Old 1 Aug 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1369196)   #6
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
now that would be some line-up

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Aug 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1369237)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I really hope one or both of Prost and Mansell say yes, and that Rob Schirle isn't just thinking out loud. If I had to guess, I'd say Prost was more likely to go for it, as he's at least still active and racing in GTs, but both Prost and Mansell really seem to have been fired up by the DTM charity race. Be fantastic to see them paired up at RAR then duelling in 2006 in the DTM...
Old 1 Aug 2005, 14:51 (Ref:1369250)   #8
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yup, Mansell himself said his desire for racing was back (even if it's a bit late!), and like you say Prost is already familiar with GT racing. They said that lineup would "add 20,000 to the Silverstone crowd" if it happens...
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1369266)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

Could Prost get his nose into a DBR9 ? And what happens if Mansell is too exhausted to get out of the car !!!

What happened to the Dave Price Racing Blundell-Brundle DBR9 rumour ?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1369312)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the Bludell-Brundle team was more than just a rumour. They were trying to put a deal together. But it has been rather quiet.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1369316)   #11
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure how Blundell/Brundle would fit looking after a sports car around there ITV GP commitments unless one or the other had plans to quit. Seems a bit pointless to run a team but then miss most of the races, Dave Price on the other hand is a serious contender, any team run by him will be good.

Mansell in a GT car, heaven save us from that potential nightmare.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1369375)   #12
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the Blundell/Brundle/David Price team was for 2006, so that would be why things have gone a little quiet
Old 1 Aug 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1369506)   #13
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari: Vasiliev/Bouchut - Aston: Fomenko/Turner
Old 1 Aug 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1369590)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If true, alas, alas. Bouchut/Turner in the Aston and the Russians in the Ferrari would have been much stronger. Instead, RAR gets to hobble two decent drivers instead of just one. Brilliant.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1369601)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Or alternatively we could just remove the Russians from the team - oh, hang on a minute, they pay for the team - Hmmm

The reality is that without Alex and Nicolai there would be no RAR / Conversbank team, no Ferrari and no Aston. Could the car go faster with other drivers? - yes, but not without the budget to run it.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1369723)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Oh, I know, I know. But now that RAR has two cars, I don't really see why the Russians don't continue to have fun in the Ferrari, but put really quick drivers in the Aston and actually have the chance of seriously decent results which Fomenko and Vasiliev ARE NOT CAPABLE OF. Better for sponsors, surely?

Incidentally, will RAR continue to run two different cars, buy another Aston or slim back down to one car (the DBR-9)? Running two different cars seems inefficient.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 06:03 (Ref:1369828)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
My understanding is they intend to run more than one Aston
Old 2 Aug 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1369840)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

A lesson on how to shag two good cars !!! What a shame ...........
Old 2 Aug 2005, 06:43 (Ref:1369842)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

I'll bet Bouchet is one ****ed off puppy !!!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 07:08 (Ref:1369853)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I'll bet Bouchet is one ****ed off puppy !!!
I would disagree there, what you have to remember is that Darren Turner is an Aston works driver, getting him the car for its first outing is a smart move if you ask me, so he can pass on his knowladge of the car to the car. Bouchet will get his chance.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1369868)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I would disagree there, what you have to remember is that Darren Turner is an Aston works driver, getting him the car for its first outing is a smart move if you ask me, so he can pass on his knowladge of the car to the car. Bouchet will get his chance.
Them why not enter Bouchet_Turner in the same car so Bouchet could get a better understanding of it faster ?
Old 2 Aug 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1369872)   #22
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because Bouchut would losse his points when he switch the car. So Bouchut and Vasiliev can collect points for the championship while Turner/Fomenko are driving the Aston for this one race.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1369891)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

I thought its the driver who gets the points and not the car ? I dont understand why he would loose points . Please explain . Is there something in the rules that says that a driver cant change cars ?
Old 2 Aug 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1370136)   #24
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Could Prost get his nose into a DBR9 ? And what happens if Mansell is too exhausted to get out of the car !!!
Prost's nose? I think the real worry would be Mansell's gut!

Cheers.