Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Apr 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3055050)   #26
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
And a LARGE glass of red???
Old 9 Apr 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3055684)   #27
greynomad
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
greynomad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank You

Thanks fellas, have organised a camp site and GA ticket. Really looking forward hopefully will become a fairly regular visitor.
In recent years have been to the Isle of Man TT, ALMS at Leguna Seca, Brickyard 400 and Knoxville Nationals plus the usual Bathurst 1000 and Australian Grand Prix here at home.
All the best.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3055743)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by greynomad View Post
Thanks fellas, have organised a camp site and GA ticket. Really looking forward hopefully will become a fairly regular visitor.
In recent years have been to the Isle of Man TT, ALMS at Leguna Seca, Brickyard 400 and Knoxville Nationals plus the usual Bathurst 1000 and Australian Grand Prix here at home.
All the best.
Whatever you, or don't do, during your time at Le Mans, make sure you pencil in the Saturday morning 10Tenths meeting. Check out the thread here in the sub-forum.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3055810)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greynomad View Post
All the best.
Looks like you have been to some of the best motorsport events but this is a whole new adventure, keep in touch and once your plans are finalised for arriving perhaps we can ensure that your trip will include all the best bits of the event, there are things you must do and fitting them all in will require plenty of planning
Old 9 Apr 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3055908)   #30
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
...there are things you must do and fitting them all in will require plenty of planning
Although. There's so much going on you don't have to sweat about missing things or wondering if you are not in the best place at any given time. There's always the next year...
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3055972)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or the next 26.......
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3055989)   #32
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Or the next 26.......
Or if your 21, the next 50
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3055991)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely, let's not limit ourselves......
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3055995)   #34
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Absolutely, let's not limit ourselves......
Precisely .
And if we should get ridiciously a tomb at La Sarthe wouldn't be bad
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3056001)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think when you go for the first time you think to yourself, 'why wasn't I coming here years ago!' That's probably a pretty standard feeling.

I'm pretty committed to getting a streak going. Definitely not as easy if you are coming all the way from Australia mind you!
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3056030)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep. A quick hop over on a ferry and a couple of hours to drive down is seriously easy compared to the distances some of the chaps have to travel - just ask Robert B!
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3056035)   #37
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yep. A quick hop over on a ferry and a couple of hours to drive down is seriously easy compared to the distances some of the chaps have to travel - just ask Robert B!
Compared to Australia, mine is just a quick hop over on a ferry. I get on a tube with wings, I fall asleep and when I wake up, I'm in Paris.

2 months from today I get on that tube with wings.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3056040)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Getting seriously close now eh?
Old 9 Apr 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3056076)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
in two months time some people will already be there
Old 11 Apr 2012, 04:18 (Ref:3056920)   #40
greynomad
Rookie

Australia
Sydney
greynomad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, agree with all that. Plan is each (southern) winter for years to come to keep ticking events of the bucket list. Do a lot of other things on my trips but work the dates around a big race meeting. Probably Le Mans will become a fairly regular event. The last two years here Eurosport (pay tv) has televised the whole race live and I have watched most of it. Great stuff.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3057287)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well in just over two months you will be there watching it live
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3061046)   #42
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
well in just over two months you will be there watching it live
And be blown away by the atmosphere of the place. I remember my first year approaching Le Mans, we got lost in the suburbs of the city somewhere around 11 o'clock Friday night. At some point we stopped to ask for directions when, out of the bleu, a huge Bentley Speed six roars by ! We knew then we were close.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3061574)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
on the way down you see plenty of interesting motors but once into Le Mans itself you suddenly don't know where to look as the place is full of cars some of which you have probably only seen in pictures before
Old 20 Apr 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3062746)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
on the way down you see plenty of interesting motors but once into Le Mans itself you suddenly don't know where to look as the place is full of cars some of which you have probably only seen in pictures before

Yeah, I still love those 2CVs too.........

Old 21 Apr 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3062975)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I was thinking more of classic british motors rather than french ones
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3062985)   #46
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, those Reliant Robins always get my pulse racing.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3063230)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, those Reliant Robins always get my pulse racing.
there called delta wings now
Old 21 Apr 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3063260)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Funnily enough, the post of mine that I deleted said something similar.......
Old 21 Apr 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3063282)   #49
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
First trip advice : Just dont go .

Cuz you cant stop going ..... you will spend thousands supporting the local economy of Le Mans , loose months of sleep , impaired hearing , shed tears , **** off your bank manager ..... not to mention the other half , and loose a few billions brain cells in the process .

I went once upon a time ..... im at 19 now , plus at least 6 test weekends .

You will love it .
Old 21 Apr 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3063285)   #50
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Precisely .
And if we should get ridiciously a tomb at La Sarthe wouldn't be bad
Already arranged ..... Ive had a word in an ear , to have my ashs scattered on the outside of Tetre Rouge corner .

I get loads of visitors each year , my final resting spot(sand trap)groomed regularly enough for me , beer , food and sound . What more do I need !!!