Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 3 Apr 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3228404)   #1
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a one off, kind of old style design

Hello MyTrackers,

to be honest, I had not planned to make a comeback as a designer on here when I got up this morning. When I sat down at my computer and ran into a network error, not able to connect to the internet, I doodled around, and out came this road circuit, running anticlockwise for about 5.8 to 6.0 kilometers.

It's a rather old style circuit, probably in use since the mid 60s in some form at least. The main stretch is the highest point on the circuit, the back straight at the bottom of the design is located not a lot lower, but the infield section is located inside of a bowl of some kind, with the bottom of the racetrack located not far from the entrance to the long right-hander after the entrance to the infield. It's fairly easy to see the whole infield section from the grandstands on the front straight, overlooking the pit building, even the end of the backstraight is visible from there. There is another great view of this section from the stands near entrance and exit to the infield section, and of course, there are natural tribunes on the outside to the bowl a/k/a on the outside of the long right hander in the middle of the infield. The right-hander of the right-left combination in the infield should go well in 3rd gear, so it's quite the fast track overall. The slowest corner is probably the sharp left-hander at the end of the backstraight which is a 2nd gear corner.

Before you enter Turn 1, you go over a crest, making it a blind corner, which is kind of like Fuji Speedway. The infield is a little like Interlagos, just that it's quicker than that. From the apex of Turn 1, the altitude decreases quickly, and the apex of Turn 2 is the bottom of the other bowl on the circuit.

The long final corner is a mixture of the run from Juncao to Subida do Boxes as far as the rise in altitude is concerned, and 300R as far as the corner itself is concerned.

Surprisingly for such an old track, runoff is sufficient in the final corner, so no chicanes need to be added to it. The reason for this is probably that it's a fantasy track ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
2013track01.png  
Old 3 Apr 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3228475)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old style design? For you wouldn't it be the trademark grid sheet and pencil, the track outlined in green ink?

Jokes aside, it's indeed a nice oldish one. Has everything: straights, long sweepers, tight corners, you name it.

bio