Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Apr 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2670134)   #201
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
We shouldn't be all that surprised by this (even although let's be honest, we probably are), the Acura has been shown to be a match for an RS Spyder - and we'd expect one of them to be the class of this or any LMP2 field.

That sort of gap however really does surprise me. I haven't up to now seen any evidence that the Acura is that much faster than a well sorted Lola - based on the evidence with Dyson last year - to say nothing of the Zyteks.

I know I'm a perennial optimist, but it's a long race tomorrow and I'd be genuinely surprised if the Strakka car was over 2 seconds a lap faster than everything else consistently over 8 hours. I'm sticking with the call I made in the predictions thread - I see Quifel or Oak winning this one after 8 hours.
None of the US tracks have a 1.8km straight, though.

Fairly sure it was Strakka/RML that had the fastest trap times for Mistral during the pre-season tests (from memory, it was around a 5km/h gap to the Zytek).

I tend to think you're right about the possible result.
Either way, it should be a decent test for LM.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 10 Apr 2010 at 16:16.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2670143)   #202
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
The RML Lola was the fastest P2 through the Mistral speed trap if I remember the data correctly.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2670147)   #203
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I wouldn't use the word "Are" as we do not know how much Audi was sandbagging!.
Audi has no reason to show full strength if not necessary.
neither has peugeut! since you don't know witch of the cars sandbaged more, it is useless to entertain the idea that Audi is faster, or peugeut for that matter.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2670149)   #204
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
If they can go the distance.

They can!!!

L.P.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2670154)   #205
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
They can!!!
But whether their wiring loom can go the distance without frying itself is another matter... They're very likely to finish the race, but will they finish without issues?
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2670156)   #206
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA
Rookie

United States
California
Da_LEGENDARY_NiNJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
were there be any live streaming for the race
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2670157)   #207
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Most surprising thing to me, as was posted above, was the Acura smoking the rest of the P2 field.

DK
Why would the ARX-01 being the car setting the mark be a suprise?
They were mixing it up with the 'Werks' Porsches back when, and the (privateer) Spyders were clearly the mark in the LMS in the past 2 years!

L.P.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2670160)   #208
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
But whether their wiring loom can go the distance without frying itself is another matter... They're very likely to finish the race, but will they finish without issues?
They'll finish first in class!

L.P.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2670168)   #209
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My goodness! that Acura! as i like to call it. 6th fastest in the first sector, fourth fastest in the 3rd sector.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2670173)   #210
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Why would the ARX-01 being the car setting the mark be a suprise?
They were mixing it up with the 'Werks' Porsches back when, and the (privateer) Spyders were clearly the mark in the LMS in the past 2 years!

L.P.
Mixing it up is kinda soft. I prefer to say dominating except Petit Lemans
Old 10 Apr 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2670177)   #211
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Random question for the race tomorrow: will we hear Hindhaugh ranting about the poor driving standards of the guys(and girl) driving the Signature-Plus car again?
Old 10 Apr 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2670184)   #212
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fed up with this sandbagging. I'm tired of sportscars being all about Le Mans and everything else being treated as a giant test or something.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 18:15 (Ref:2670199)   #213
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
I'm fed up with this sandbagging. I'm tired of sportscars being all about Le Mans and everything else being treated as a giant test or something.
I feel you. How can we make a sportscar season-long championship where at least two manufacturers would come and fight for real matter to the public? When did this last happen? The ALMS is a semi-success at best because not many in the general public care about it. LMS2009 was not a continuation of LMS2008 because the manufacturers saw no interest in the way it was covered. (Was Group C really a marketing success around 89-90-91?)

The simplest solution I could see is sprint races that could get good coverage where manufacturers would go instead of F1. Anything else is not TV-friendly and doesn't give them nearly as much media exposure as focusing only on doing well at Le Mans.

If they really wanted to try they could go for a mega time-buy/ad-buying/journalist-inviting mission for the Spa race, while everybody is there and racing for real.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2670202)   #214
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish prototype racing could be about whos car is fastest instead of who can afford to run a Audi/ Peugeot. Thanks. I remember when i first became intrested in sportscar racing it was awesome you had so many different manufacturers fighting at the front and they produced NOISE. Now all you get is 2 cars fighting with a rather pathetic woosh. Sorry for rant but it is annoying when the 2 diesels run away with everything.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2670212)   #215
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
here is a solution, more races 15+, short race format <2h,

to make it endurance championship, add a rule that no one is alowed to touch the car mechancly, from the start of the season to end, except setup!

so no engines that run only <2h!
add a rule that mechanical failiurs are worth a lot of points!

Well get fast, reliable Le Mans racer that will have a cool folow up championship.

make it a season from Le Mans to Le Mans , jun to october Northen hemisphere races, october to march Southern Hemisphere racing and again march to june Northern!
Season Starts after Le Mans, teams rebuilt their cars, and rebuild them again for Le Mans!!!

My 2 cents
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2670220)   #216
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The RML Lola was the fastest P2 through the Mistral speed trap if I remember the data correctly.
By the way, kinda off topic, but does anyone have those speeds? I'd like to know how fast these cars are going around the fastest point of the Paul Ricard.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2670223)   #217
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss View Post
By the way, kinda off topic, but does anyone have those speeds? I'd like to know how fast these cars are going around the fastest point of the Paul Ricard.
me too
Old 10 Apr 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2670250)   #218
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I wouldn't use the word "Are" as we do not know how much Audi was sandbagging!.
Audi has no reason to show full strength if not necessary.
Audi have been second best for quite some time now, there's no reason to suggest they have anything in hand.

Of course Audi may come out and blow everyone away, but IMO Peugeot will once again have the edge at Le Mans.

The 908 is the new 962, it remains competitive even against newer opposition.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2670255)   #219
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Random question for the race tomorrow: will we hear Hindhaugh ranting about the poor driving standards of the guys(and girl) driving the Signature-Plus car again?
you mean Signature Minus? the guys seem to have a soft spot for vannina, so they may go a bit more gentle this year (although Hindy has already done at least 1 tirade on the car's livery god bless him).
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2670260)   #220
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I do hope he has something to rant about when it comes to them, it'll certainly cheer up my weekend. (I'm pretty down due to the appaling weather here)
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2670265)   #221
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
you can't be serious
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2670266)   #222
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
you can't be serious
Well it's not run by people as ultra-uber-competent as Rothmans Porsche were back in the day, let's put it like this. (Not saying that Peugeot Sport aren't competent. But you can't really beat the Germans at this chapter)
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2670270)   #223
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

I would like this very well !!!
Old 10 Apr 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2670279)   #224
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiend540 View Post
you can't be serious
Why not?.
The 908 is very much like the 962 and the R8, all fast in several years both in privateer and manufacture hands.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2670285)   #225
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
And Oreca is certainly getting more out of it than Kolles has been with their Audis.