Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Aug 2001, 17:46 (Ref:125852)   #1
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waring 888 Team-mates

Yes, it took 8 meetings but something between the four 888 team-mates has finally broken.

JP claimed that during qualifying Phil Bennett deliberatly put dirt on the track to spoil his qualifying run-Bennett responded by saying JP is basically full of himself, while Yvan Muller also claimed drivers deliberately spolied his three best runs by putting dirt on the track, but refused to name names.

I suppose it had to happen sooner or later, but it will make the rest of the season, and tomorrow's race inparticular, rather more interesting.
Old 4 Aug 2001, 17:55 (Ref:125857)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good, it should spice things up at the front.
Old 4 Aug 2001, 18:44 (Ref:125867)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tonights race HUNT!!

Phil is appearing to be the 'baddy' of the drivers, but because it is his first season in the BTCC a lot of drivers won't respect him, thinking that he should be at the back of the grid.
Old 4 Aug 2001, 19:46 (Ref:125880)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Cheers mate! I'll change it! Well i would but I'm not allowed-nevermind!

Last edited by hunttheshunt; 4 Aug 2001 at 19:47.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 15:36 (Ref:126175)   #5
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and punch up galore in the races by all accounts - as far as i can remember i saw round our side thompson smacking up platos car then in feature race well all muller, plato, bennett were all involved in beat em up sessions bennett broke through into lead with a tough move then came round next corner missing one light and pretty much front left hand corner missing, likewise muller and plato slugged it out and muller came off worse with similar front end damage!!

My man Bennett was not happy!! and come to think of it neither was i!! he walked passed us as we trekked from bomb hole back to pits and he was trekking back to car park red faced and moaning like hell to a triple eight man about the incident!! is this the start of and WORKS vs SATELLITE celebrity death match
Old 5 Aug 2001, 15:43 (Ref:126179)   #6
Cosworth_RS
Racer

Cosworth_RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Muller wins it he's the best. The other 3 are too busy talking about how good they are, only Muller will really push his car to the limit. He did well to recover that spin last night anyone else would have lost it.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 17:07 (Ref:126204)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Certainly has livened things up a bit...!

As Simon says, Phil Bennett was stomping out of the circuit literally 5 minutes after climbing out of the car - still in race overalls, and with a very unhappy look on his face, almost barging anyone in sight out of the way... but then again he had failed to take the start of the sprint, slamming the door of his Astra after stopping on the parade lap, and then spun out of the lead of the feature race, wrecking his car...

I am told that Jason Plato was seen a couple of hours after the race finished slumped against a wall in his garage totally ignoring his mechanics who were trying to break the gear down and load up... and very not happy either.

The sight of the Vauxhalls abandoned in pitlane after the end of the festivities summed it all up really... they were all just dumped there - beaten and bruised - looking like some rather annoyed drivers had exited them...
Old 5 Aug 2001, 17:32 (Ref:126213)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
jason was indeed spotted in the vauxhall garage looking very miserable. this was about 1am, and the only other drivers hanging round at that point were joanna, john, nick beaumont and tom boardman (naughty boy. he can't drink beer at that age!).

phil's car was absolutely trashed - we checked it out in the pits. dan eaves couldn't have done a better job... and the mechanics were quite happy to exchange the cars for 3 cans of fosters...
Old 5 Aug 2001, 17:49 (Ref:126218)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
And their driver's too, no doubt!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 18:25 (Ref:126227)   #10
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, the mechanics were quite willing to let me have Plato's Astra in exchange for some free B&Q booze.

Jason was either pi$$ed or in a mood. If only that McDaniel woman had interviewed him then - he'd probably have run her over with the car and done the world a favour.

Old 5 Aug 2001, 20:37 (Ref:126281)   #11
hunttheshunt
Veteran

I sthis the start of a 888 war?! I cant see any niceties between JP and PB again! And it will be interesting to see whether 888 apply any sanctions to anybody-afterall, the title has already been won.

And when did u guys leave the circuit? Did u stay until the morning?!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:21 (Ref:126298)   #12
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the Plato/Bennett episode.
Phil was lucky he didn't demolish the lighting gantry. He went up the outside of Plato and passed him. It then looked as if Plato touched his back, spun him so he was across the track then just kept on going - I never saw his brake lights come on at all. Phil exited to the infield , went round behind the hut and gantry and back onto the track behind Plato.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:48 (Ref:126315)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by hunttheshunt

And when did u guys leave the circuit? Did u stay until the morning?!
At 2am we were still in the pits, completely pi$$ed, having photos taken with Tom Boardman, sitting on Gareth Howell's car, attempting to steal Plato's Astra, oh, and nabbing Dan Eaves' wrecked rear bumper.

Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:51 (Ref:126707)   #14
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Really unhappy i missed it! And where is Dan Eaves' bumper now?
Old 6 Aug 2001, 21:09 (Ref:126764)   #15
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi Fans bedroom probably, liked the pics by the way.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:31 (Ref:126801)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Dan Eaves' bumper is indeed at the end of my bed. Although it's really a bit too big!!! Must find it a permanent home at some point.

P.S See the Trackside forum for all the Snetterton pictures.