Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3350023)   #101
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Also I talk a lot of S*** about the DPs but they are quick out of the horse shore.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3350028)   #102
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oak already quicker than ESM was during the past few tests.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3350031)   #103
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeast View Post
Also I talk a lot of S*** about the DPs but they are quick out of the horse shore.
If it's your first time there, stand on top of the grandstands at the kink between west end and international; you can see everything but the front stretch and nascar 3/4.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3350032)   #104
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
Oak already quicker than ESM was during the past few tests.
DPs showing the way, ATM.

But there's a Bowtie on them
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3350033)   #105
jeast
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
If it's your first time there, stand on top of the grandstands at the kink between west end and international; you can see everything but the front stretch and nascar 3/4.
Nah I live in Daytona so I've been here a lot.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3350034)   #106
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Rodger, the copy is totally misleading. The Roar is not a NASCAR event and the drivers from NASCAR will not be testing their new stock cars or their new rides at the Roar before the 24. The 'big race' for these guys is the Daytona 500 and they test their new rides during Speed Weeks which lead up to the 500. Nothing against NASCAR as they should be promoting their drivers and teams as much as possible but it sounds here like the people writing the promos don't know the difference between the Roar, Speedweeks, the 24 Hours of Daytona and the Daytona 500.

The power and prowess of the NASCAR marketing machine has repeatedly been touted as a major plus for the new series. I was just pointing out that for this to be true and to be as effective as possible, they should be promoting Sports Cars, Endurance Racing and the fact that top drivers and teams from around the world and coming to Daytona.

As a footnote or add-on, they should also mention that some drivers from NASCAR, Indycar and other series are joining these top drivers from around the world as "guest drivers". No harm in doing that at all. Just don't lead your article with this news is all that I am saying.

It just seemed a bit odd that in a piece that is meant to promote sports cars, IMSA and the high level of international competition that will be competing in the upcoming historic merger of Grand Am and the American Le Mans Series seems to take second fiddle to the fact that there will be some NASCAR drivers present. All I am asking is, "Why not promote the sports cars, the Roar before the 24 and the 24 Hours of Daytona first?" There will be plenty of time later to promote Speed Weeks and the 500.

In no way is this throwing mud at NASCAR. It is meant to be constructive criticism meant to help focus the marketing power to promote the new series.
The other thing is that even though there is a lot of "cross-synergy" between IMSA and NASCAR, they ARE COMPLETELY different business entities.

Before the merger Grand AM was technically part of the "NASCAR" business family under "NASCAR Holdings".

After the merger/buyout a new business entity was created called "Grand Am Holdings" and IMSA was put under that.

Now it's no secret that the France family owns both, but lets get things straight here....Grand AM Holdings and IMSA are sports car oriented businesses and have nothing (legally) to do with the NASCAR side of things.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3350035)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Nah I live in Daytona so I've been here a lot.
Hence it being cold today, eh?

Looking forward to your pics!
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3350037)   #108
Danathar
Racer

Quote:
Remeber, the new modifications to speed them up will make them significantly faster than last year.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3350043)   #109
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was about to applaud Pickett for surpassing ESM, then ESM all of a sudden finds 2 seconds.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3350045)   #110
jeast
Racer

Quote:
Hence it being cold today, eh?

Looking forward to your pics!
Yeah this is the coldest it's been.. Was in the 70s all December.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3350046)   #111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Red flag according to MP, but he wasn't sure why. Anyone got anything?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 16:50 (Ref:3350047)   #112
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Red flag according to MP, but he was sure why. Anyone got anything?
Someone on twitter said a car went off at the busstop but didn't have any details.

BTW following #Roar24 seems to be the quickest way to get updates.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3350052)   #113
Danathar
Racer

Quote:
NASCAR owns imsa it's basically nascars road racing series somewhere between the modifieds and the trucks in terms of importance.
The France family owns Grand Am holdings which owns IMSA.

NASCAR is owned by NASCAR holdings.

So...NASCAR does not own IMSA.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3350055)   #114
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So I'm at the speedway it's freezing and the Mazda just crashed.
This update is awesome in its zen-like simplicity.

More seriously, thanks for the updates... based on all the photos I've been seeing I am getting excited about this series.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3350059)   #115
jeast
Racer

Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3350060)   #116
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are the regs for the 24 set in stone or still some performance balancing to be done in the prototypes? Wondering if they're gonna take some horsepower away from the DPs.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3350061)   #117
Danathar
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Loper View Post
So are the regs for the 24 set in stone or still some performance balancing to be done in the prototypes? Wondering if they're gonna take some horsepower away from the DPs.
As I understand it BoP will be applied after the roar to finalize things before the race.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3350062)   #118
jeast
Racer

I think this is the 1st time I've seen the Delta Wing has run enough laps for me to get some decent photos of it.

Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3350063)   #119
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
T&S not working for anybody else? I'm using the link http://scoring.imsa.com/
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3350064)   #120
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Loper View Post
My gut feeling is set in stone or not (and I sort of hope they're settled) I'm not sure the DPs need reining in - the DP teams have bags of experience around Daytona, which the LMP2 guys don't, and the LMP2s aren't vastly far off. By the time the race rolls round I suspect as the cars get dialled in things will get a bit closer.

There's also the issue that Daytona's likely to favour the horsepower (and ruggedness) of a DP, whereas others will play into the aero advantage of the LMP2.

From a personal perspective I'm quietly encouraged by what we've seen so far today - plenty of questions there, and plenty of reasons to keep watching, which I take to be a good thing.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3350065)   #121
Danathar
Racer

Quote:
I think this is the 1st time I've seen the Delta Wing has run enough laps for me to get some decent photos of it.

How did you get the closeup of the Mazda? Are you on the infield somewhere? Any possibility of taking some video with a phone or something?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3350066)   #122
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
The TUDOR series is not currently in session right now. They are on their lunch break, the Conti series is up next with their session lasting from 1:30-2:30 PM. The next TUSCC session begins at 2:45 PM EST.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed.../Schedule.aspx
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3350067)   #123
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
The TUDOR series is not currently in session right now. They are on their lunch break, the Conti series is up next with their session lasting from 1:30-2:30 PM. The next TUSCC session begins at 2:45 PM EST.

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed.../Schedule.aspx
Thanks for the info, was trying to find the schedule on the IMSA website. Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3350068)   #124
jeast
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danathar View Post
How did you get the closeup of the Mazda? Are you on the infield somewhere? Any possibility of taking some video with a phone or something?
Yeah I could take some video on my phone when I go back out.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3350069)   #125
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
That doesn't do anything when ConTi is on the track. If you do want their T&S as well, it's: http://scoring.imsa.com/sportscar-challenge/

At the time of this post, though, it's lunchtime, so neither T&S is doing anything because nothing's on track.