Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Nov 2002, 17:57 (Ref:431525)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moseley Expects Additional Teams to Go Under

Pick a website, they're all touting Mosley's remarks that possibly two more teams could fail to reach the Grid in Melbourne. The likely failures being Minardi and Jordan in addition to Arrows. Frankly, I'm sick of this. F1 is a sport that is eating its young and the possibility of there being only eight or nine teams on the Grid next year is not a happy one.

If this scenario comeds to pass, I don't doubt its a very real possibility, we'll have to have three car teams and some one better pick up Fisi's contract.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 18:17 (Ref:431550)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Moseley Expects Additional Teams to Go Under

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
some one better pick up Fisi's contract.
That was my first thought!

8 teams. That's far from ideal.

Hasn't Bernie already helped Jordan out (years ago?). Who will help this time?
Old 18 Nov 2002, 19:52 (Ref:431635)   #3
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid the era of the privateer ended a long time ago. I would hate to see Fisichella being forced out of F1 early due to Jordan going under.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 19:56 (Ref:431639)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If Jordan thought that they weren't going to make it onto the grid for 2003 then surely they would have sold Fisi's contract to raise some of the funds, after all, whats the point of paying a driver of Fisi's calibre knowing that the team didn't have a car/team to put him in. I have no doubt that Jordan will be lining up on the grid in Oz.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 19:59 (Ref:431642)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer..me 2 !

i just think that funds are gonna be really tight for them .

But im sure they will be there.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 20:30 (Ref:431669)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe they could make the car out of cardboard so if Sato crashes it, it won't cost so much.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 21:24 (Ref:431717)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so 8 teams with 3 cars=24 cars??
Old 18 Nov 2002, 21:57 (Ref:431749)   #8
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be more than boring.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 22:41 (Ref:431780)   #9
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee, Mosely's doing a really brilliant job running things. Did he ever work at Enron or Worldcom?
Old 18 Nov 2002, 22:58 (Ref:431794)   #10
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are those some phone companies or what????
Old 18 Nov 2002, 23:05 (Ref:431804)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are all companies that no longer exist...Formula 1 will soon be one of them
Old 18 Nov 2002, 23:12 (Ref:431816)   #12
dragon x
Rookie

dragon x should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way things are going now, in 2 years time we will have only half a dozzen of teams competing: Ferrari, Mercedes (ex-McLaren), BMW(ex-Williams), Honda(ex-Bar), Toyota, Renault, Volkswagen(Audi) - that's it. No major (tobacco) sponsorship=No small teams like Jordan. We will have only these big car manufacturers competing. For them it will be no problem to enter 3 cars. Unfortunately that's the future for Formula 1 - Jordan, Sauber etc. will join Lotus and Brabham in the history books.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 00:02 (Ref:431846)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't they come to CART? It's much much cheaper and you don't have to build chassis...
Old 19 Nov 2002, 00:11 (Ref:431851)   #14
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has been discussed before. Jordan IS NOT going anywhere, not in 2003 at least.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 00:40 (Ref:431872)   #15
The Other Chris
Rookie

The Other Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i do think that cart would be ideal for privateers such as jordan etc. when formula 1 turns works-only. guys of jordan and sauber's caliber would definately help to raise the image of cart.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 01:10 (Ref:431891)   #16
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless CART turns into F3000... Which I used to think was a good idea... But seeing F1 go downhill the way it has, I want to see CART strong and independant, competing with F1 again like it did in the '80s and early-mid '90s.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 02:36 (Ref:431924)   #17
greg.n
Racer

greg.n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always said the involvement of manufacturers was a double edged sword. Yes they will spend up big and it will bring more money to the sport but they want to win and win at any price. But if they can't or don't they will pack their bags eventually and go. Ford's involvement via Cosworth and the DFV was good for the sport but what we have now has not been good for the sport nor has it produced really good racing over the last five or ten years. Some good races yes but not good racing overall (not compared to the 70's and 80's). That and the mis-management of the regulations by the FIA has killed Grand Prix racing as we once knew it. The current situation is sad anfd if minardi and jordan disappear I will stop watching. Not because I'm a fan of either team (I'm not)but because there is something appealing innseeing an underfunded or struggling team pull off a giant killing act. The constructors used to be the proffessionals and the private teams were wealthy enthusiasts, now the private teams are constructors are the private teams and all the proffessioal teams are manufacturer owned or supported. Has it mad F1 better. In my opinion it hasn't. I know not everyone will agree with me but the days when Ken Tyrrell, Bruce Mclaren, Colin Chapman, Frank Williams, Mad Max and Robin Herd, Jack Brabham, Bernie, John Surtees, Rob Walker, Colin Crabbe, Guy Ligier, Jackie oliver, Don Nichols etc could buy a DFV and build, buy or borrow a chassis and enter an F1 race with a driver of their choice was a far better era, both for the quality of racing, and for the sport.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 02:55 (Ref:431935)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with you, Greg. The quality of the racing has not improved. And thanks for pointing out that Minardi and Jordan are NOT privateersbut in fact Constructors in their own right who don't have an alignmemnt with a Major Manufacturer. I doubt that VAG, (VW, Audi, Bugatti, Seat or Skoda) will ever enter F1 as long as Merc and BMW are doing so well. If VW wanted in, they could have bought Prost or aligned with Sauber.

As for Jordan's health, the loss of the Deutsche Post money, (DHL et al.) has serious ramifications upon their viability ofr nexxt season. They need to come up with $40 million just to make the grid. In the current economic climate, its unlikely.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 09:16 (Ref:432083)   #19
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the F1 flame has dimmed somewhat as far as the multinational comglomerates are concerned.

What they are buying is prestige, a sexy image and exposure with TV ratings as the proxy measure. The exposure figures and the associated hype has taken a large turn to the south. Practically, this means some of the beautiful people have moved on to the next big thing, leaving a few of their number and the fans to make up the viewing numbers.

Then the last few seasons of total boredom take there toll and, there's only the fans left.

If the manufacturers don't line up to get in, what indirect sponsor would want to commit?

And so the up spiral takes a 180 degree turn, to the amazement of the fans left to wonder which end is up.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 09:46 (Ref:432096)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
There were quite a few of us predicting this ages ago - all this becaus the testing and development of F1 cars is just too expensive, more than these guys can afford. Then Arrows went out on a limb to pay for Cosworth power, and that finished them. As long as the use of electronic aids are permitted, the cars will need a helluva lot of testing and development to integrate the way the black box controls all the running parts of an F1 car, Then there is the aero, and the tyre development. Just remember that Williams were running huges distances during testing, and I am sure Ferrari and McLaren are doing the same. Where is all this money going to come from? It is nice to think that F1 needs to be the supreme development in technology, but who is going to care when the burial of F1 comes around?