Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 May 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3068110)   #2601
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Can someone explain to me why there is an argument about brake suppliers? I read back over the past few pages of posts and I can't really see anything controversial going on here.

Richard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
tyronnezx noticed that Advics, which produces brake systems, is a sponsor of Toyota. I pointed out that Toyota is using Brembo brakes. Next tyronnezx suggested that Toyota might have changed supplier, which makes no sense whatsoever for me. This lead to the useless argument about Brembo vs AP etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post
Its only brakes lads no need to get at each other about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
This led to the fact that Toyota owe no allegiance to any brake supplier . If a contract is the issue , it can be bought out . If the item doesnt come up to scratch it can be a possible clause for cancelation .

Others feel that once a contract is signed , thats it , end of story .

Im pointing out the whole reason for testing is to see what works and what does not before race day .....

Again I ask ..... what is the reason for testing ? And its not pick and mix . A reasonable question deserves a reasonable answer , does it not ?

Jesus! i never meant for the whole brake to get this much out of hand but shows how people here love making something out of nothing. the only reason that i bought up tyhe brake issue was because i have seen only sponsorship for advics and not brembo on the toyota page. which is odd because i knew brembo was there but after the ts030 crashed there was nothing to indicate that they still were until the second ts030's picture turned up. my only worry from all of this is the lack of selection for the program of European suppliers versus Japanese suppliers which are relatively unknown to endurance racing.. no need to blow each others heads off over a simple question
Old 2 May 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3068146)   #2602
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Just do a little internet research, tyro . The company you speak of is apart of the Aisin group which is owned by Toyota. Like I said, they have sponsorship from Hino trucks and Daihatsu motors. They are Toyota owned groups (maybe they supply the crew vehicles?).

Anyway, the guy kneeling to the right with the white Toyota jacket on is Pascal Vasselon it looks like. Another thing I noticed about the new aero besides the odd shaped hole in the rear fender, is the slot-hole behind the front wheel, Audi use this as well. The rear wing does look lower. You can tell by how much 'fin' there is between the top and the connection of the swan neck to the wing.

EDIT-And as for what you said CTD, I said that the team may have had this car being built up before the other car crashed. They were/are going with 2 cars at LeMans, so it's reasonable to think.
Old 2 May 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3068148)   #2603
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Just do a little internet research, tyro . The company you speak of is apart of the Aisin group which is owned by Toyota. Like I said, they have sponsorship from Hino trucks and Daihatsu motors. They are Toyota owned groups (maybe they supply the crew vehicles?).

Anyway, the guy kneeling to the right with the white Toyota jacket on is Pascal Vasselon it looks like. Another thing I noticed about the new aero besides the odd shaped hole in the rear fender, is the slot-hole behind the front wheel, Audi use this as well. The rear wing does look lower. You can tell by how much 'fin' there is between the top and the connection of the swan neck to the wing.

i was being lazy hahah. thought there will be some constructive answer to it (Not that there weren't any) but look how far that went....
Old 2 May 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3068160)   #2604
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I don't think the rear wing is actually lower, however the paint scheme is changed a bit, so it appears so.

otherwise they have lowered the roof air intake, and with that a lower Fin and wing
Fin height is effectively fixed (...between 1020 mm and 1030 mm above the reference plane).
Old 2 May 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3068161)   #2605
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The whole side pod looks like it's been inspired by the Audi R18 as it's been run since the Sebring test. It even has the same basic shape behind the pontoon extension. Other than that, it largely looks the same as the old TS030 as shown earlier this year. And it seems that the front of the endplate fins are attached to the rear deck/engine cover.

No shot from the front, though, as that's probably what they want to keep secret for now, at least as far as how it looks like the R18 and how it will be similar and different to that approach.
Old 2 May 2012, 02:48 (Ref:3068166)   #2606
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The whole side pod looks like it's been inspired by the Audi R18 as it's been run since the Sebring test. It even has the same basic shape behind the pontoon extension. Other than that, it largely looks the same as the old TS030 as shown earlier this year. And it seems that the front of the endplate fins are attached to the rear deck/engine cover.

No shot from the front, though, as that's probably what they want to keep secret for now, at least as far as how it looks like the R18 and how it will be similar and different to that approach.
The LE endplate extensions have always been attached to the engine cover:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/Toyot...dLMP1-RCE6.jpg

"Article 3.6.3 of the regulations specifies the minimum area of the endplates (1000 cm²) but also that, "The part fitted on the rear wing must fit into a rectangle of 765 mm x 300 mm." Thus the split in the design as the section that fits to the wing will slide through the template and the leading edge extension that is fixed to the engine cover allows a larger overall endplate."

1.24.12: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjan12.html
Old 2 May 2012, 03:29 (Ref:3068170)   #2607
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
Jesus! i never meant for the whole brake to get this much out of hand but shows how people here love making something out of nothing. the only reason that i bought up tyhe brake issue was because i have seen only sponsorship for advics and not brembo on the toyota page. which is odd because i knew brembo was there but after the ts030 crashed there was nothing to indicate that they still were until the second ts030's picture turned up. my only worry from all of this is the lack of selection for the program of European suppliers versus Japanese suppliers which are relatively unknown to endurance racing.. no need to blow each others heads off over a simple question
Jeez, I am getting a real bad headache.
Old 2 May 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3068172)   #2608
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
Jeez, I am getting a real bad headache.

well i heard any pain relief with paracetemol can fix that
Old 2 May 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3068173)   #2609
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks like the separate endplates have risen to the top of the rearwing endplates and are curved now. Also the mirror position is closer to the cockpit instead of being on the edge of the car.
Old 2 May 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3068197)   #2610
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Mike lists the noticeable changes on http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsmay12.html
Old 2 May 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3068204)   #2611
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think its the angle of the piture because the back of the wing flicks up doesnt it
Actually, I think Gwyllion is right... looking at the rear wing on the inside of the rear endplates in both pic's, there is notably more endplate above the "new aero" wing than in the old aero... and that removes the flick of the wing from the observation. Plus the adjuster is lower in the end plate.
Old 2 May 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3068538)   #2612
TF110
Veteran

United States
It's easy to see if you look at the amount of 'bodywork' on the swan neck mount on the new aero compared to the launch car.
Old 2 May 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3068549)   #2613
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im not surprised at all about all these mods . The first car was probably only a development hack , and maybe wouldnt ever have seen Le mans , excapt as a spare .
Old 3 May 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3068586)   #2614
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Treat ya self to this Lads and Lasses!!!!!

new look of the TS030 just in!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=1&permPage=1
Old 3 May 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3068589)   #2615
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Don't see no reason why they cant race tbh...
Old 3 May 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3068590)   #2616
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
More pictures on http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4417650&type=3

So they went from a 908 style nose to a more R18 like nose. The hole in the rear fender for the brake cooling is also directly copied from Audi.

The front fenders appear to be inspired by the ARX-03a and the old Lister LMP900.
Old 3 May 2012, 06:39 (Ref:3068591)   #2617
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Don't see no reason why they cant race tbh...

that car, had'nt even had a shake down. highly doubt that toyota will race something thats unproven against audi. interesting how they turned up here tho. are they allowed to test?
Old 3 May 2012, 06:44 (Ref:3068593)   #2618
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
that car, had'nt even had a shake down. highly doubt that toyota will race something thats unproven against audi. interesting how they turned up here tho. are they allowed to test?
No, they just stopped in Spa on their way to Magny Cours for this photo shoot. They will test tomorrow at Magny Cours together with DeltaWing.

According to http://twitter.com/#!/Toyota_Hybrid/...32841521266688 those pictures were taken yesterday.
Old 3 May 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3068598)   #2619
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not really good looking.... I guess this is the r18-like aero Mike Fuller was talking about. headlights should be a bit bigger
Old 3 May 2012, 07:00 (Ref:3068599)   #2620
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

For some reason, the nose kinda resembles F1... Still, I hope they could pull an upset against Audi. The LMP1 class' future is in their hands!
Old 3 May 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3068601)   #2621
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
not really good looking.... I guess this is the r18-like aero Mike Fuller was talking about.
I also preferred the previous nose, which was less complex. At least we still have the beautiful Dome S102.5.

I also wonder whether the flap at the inside of the fenders are legal. Peugeot questioned the legality of similar flaps on the Audi R15. Maybe they are allowed on the Toyota because they have a "non wing" profile.
Old 3 May 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3068620)   #2622
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like a completely different car!

Agree with the Lister comparisons at the front.

Old 3 May 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3068627)   #2623
TF110
Veteran

United States
That looks good to me. I like they're holes in front of the suspension, wonder what gain they give. The whole front end is different. The nose looks to be the same position but with F1 style mounts, almost like the 908. That hole in the rear fender is reshaped. Maybe it resembles the Audi's, but the holes on the top of the front fenders are definitely different from all lmp's weve seen so far.
Old 3 May 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3068635)   #2624
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The big thing I notice is the lights. Going with a stacked set of 3 instead of a triangular configuration
Old 3 May 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3068650)   #2625
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
I like they're holes in front of the suspension, wonder what gain they give.
Brake cooling?
Quote:
Maybe it resembles the Audi's, but the holes on the top of the front fenders are definitely different from all lmp's weve seen so far.
It is just a simple square hole in the fender. Hardly anything special.

Last edited by gwyllion; 3 May 2012 at 09:03.