Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jan 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3016977)   #1351
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm going to certainly be supporting them and might even join the TTTT (TenTenths Toyota Team)
Where do I sign?! hehe
Old 25 Jan 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3016980)   #1352
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Where do I sign?! hehe
Haha looks like the team have quite a few fans. I've brought my avatar up to standard now for the TTTT.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3017004)   #1353
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, i'm switching to Audi . (Tom K for the win!)
They need more support now when everyone switches
Old 25 Jan 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3017019)   #1354
MihokS5
Racer

MihokS5 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well, i'm switching to Audi . (Tom K for the win!)
They need more support now when everyone switches
Audi FTW

The Toyota is cool but the but the R18 is cooler IMO!

The TS030 needs a better livery/color scheme to make it pop
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3017036)   #1355
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Flash is cool, but the talking on track is more important. Need more Toyota action!
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3017045)   #1356
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since everyone here is an Audi or Toyota fan, I'll be the odd one out.
I'll be cheering for those Honda's! And I know, they won't be on the same level as Audi or Toyota but anything can happen!
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3017047)   #1357
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihokS5 View Post
Audi FTW

The Toyota is cool but the but the R18 is cooler IMO!

The TS030 needs a better livery/color scheme to make it pop
But the Audi wouldn't be told to be quiet in a library

That's why this Toyota wins it for me. I wouldn't even care if it looked like a Hummer.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3017054)   #1358
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Any news or info on times or how many laps done? Or anything about how long they tested for in 1 day?
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3017059)   #1359
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Any news or info on times or how many laps done? Or anything about how long they tested for in 1 day?
And if they experienced any technical problems!?
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:05 (Ref:3017065)   #1360
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hearing that car go full power onto the front straight and lose traction gave me goosebumps.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3017094)   #1361
TF110
Veteran

United States
Reading the interview with Wurz, he said the track was icy in the early part of the day, so there might be moisture still on the track, that could explain why he was losing some traction in the videos.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3017106)   #1362
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Reading the interview with Wurz, he said the track was icy in the early part of the day, so there might be moisture still on the track, that could explain why he was losing some traction in the videos.
That comment was about the real shakedown (11 January).
Old 26 Jan 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3017136)   #1363
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
According to a Portuguese site (Autosport= http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=s...stories/102884), they are telling that:

"The time has come to evolve, and early in the morning Wurz ran in 1minute and47 seconds, a few minutes back he did in 1minute 45 seconds. Remember that Neel Jani posted a lap of 1m 46.783s on lap that secured the pole position for the 6 Hours of Le Castellet"

That looks promising, "2nd run" and already faster than Best petrol last year.
I post, a few hours back, the times...
Old 26 Jan 2012, 02:25 (Ref:3017166)   #1364
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it interesting that theyre first on track test was so public with lots of up close footage etc. Audi and Peugeot and Acura for that matter were very secretive in there P1 debuts. Makes me think this car has already been on track prior to this press unveiling.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 02:52 (Ref:3017173)   #1365
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
And what am I hearing when the TS030 comes off that final corner before the main straight--the hybrid system kicking in (RWD mode, otherwise unlikely given the ACO's rules on that if it's front wheels) or is the TS030 not running traction control right now? It really revs up and sounds like it's really spinning the rear wheels under acceleration off that corner.
Not only in this main straight video (this one, right?) but in the ACO video I can hear some wheelspin... also the horrible TRRR-TRRR-TRRR from TC seems to be absent.

Makes you think how much more interesting the cars would look on the track all of the time if TC, well, just didn't exist in racing.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3017175)   #1366
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I find it interesting that theyre first on track test was so public with lots of up close footage etc. Audi and Peugeot and Acura for that matter were very secretive in there P1 debuts. Makes me think this car has already been on track prior to this press unveiling.
of course it has. if i remember correctly this car had a link with Fuji track. if i can find it in my history list ill post it. does anyone have info on the title sponsor details? also if Panasonic is involved with this project at all? it would be very nice to see the old panasonic toyota Livery racing again. also i just is there any information on the drivers for the second car? Rubens barichello is due to test in indy with KV racing shortly. i think he will be a mammoth addition to this team given his development skills. also any news on Davidson and the ex Peugeot drivers?
Old 26 Jan 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3017176)   #1367
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Obviously a lot of videos now on Youtube. Listed from newest to oldest:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc..._date_uploaded

Remember to post direct link if there is some particularly interesting.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 02:59 (Ref:3017179)   #1368
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Interestingly the official page has already a page for the championship standings. Why would they have that if Toyota is not going be on there? Assuming that not a full season entry = no points.

This makes me want to believe they actually have applied for a full season entry and are just going to suck up the fines for missing races. [/optimism] I guess a special deal with FIA/ACO is also possible...
Old 26 Jan 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3017184)   #1369
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I still think the hesitance about the WEC falls into the same category as their claim of just running one car at Le Mans. They seem to be extremely careful in case something goes wrong.

Obviously the initial test was pleasing enough for them to announce the second Le Mans entry and if Spa and Le Mans don't end up in failures they'll probably do the other WEC races as well (with the possible exception of Bahrain if it happens at all).

They seem to be very careful about committing to anything unless they´re sure about what they can do, a very interesting approach.

Last edited by Acid09; 26 Jan 2012 at 03:42.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3017194)   #1370
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Not only in this main straight video (this one, right?) but in the ACO video I can hear some wheelspin... also the horrible TRRR-TRRR-TRRR from TC seems to be absent.

Makes you think how much more interesting the cars would look on the track all of the time if TC, well, just didn't exist in racing.
Wheel spin in all gears from the Audi

They would probably fight for traction control arguing that it keeps the revs down therfore saving fuel and being "green". TC and ABS are actually green technologies f you think about it. ABS probably saves your tires from getting worn by lockup.

But then again Motorsport should not pretend to be green. *cough cough ALMS cough*
Old 26 Jan 2012, 04:38 (Ref:3017197)   #1371
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Wheel spin in all gears from the Audi
Add Le Mans monsoon...

Quote:
They would probably fight for traction control arguing that it keeps the revs down therfore saving fuel and being "green". TC and ABS are actually green technologies f you think about it. ABS probably saves your tires from getting worn by lockup.
That's why I said "if it didn't exist". Only way to properly ban it (see F1 in early 2000s) is common ECU and that's probably out of the question with LMPs. But still, greeness or whatever < spectacle & emphasis on driving skill.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3017206)   #1372
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
That comment was about the real shakedown (11 January).
Yet in the video being discussed you can see spray from the car, so either that's dust, or there was moisture.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3017208)   #1373
Peugeot908
Rookie

United States
Sebring, Florida
Peugeot908 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Toyota LMP-1 looks amazing and I can't wait to see it on the track. I will be heavily pulling for them when the officially enter the series.

I am still dreaming of a second Toyota with Davidson/Montagny/Sarrazin That driving team would be unstoppable!

-Peugeot908
Old 26 Jan 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3017210)   #1374
Articus
Veteran

Unless Montagny gets black flagged haha

That would be a stellar lineup.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3017211)   #1375
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am still hoping to see Quick Nic get a shot - his steady hand could make TMG quite the heirs apparent to endurance juggernautedness IMHO. Not to mention the charisma quotient both he and Alex would bring.

Without wanting to appear too vengeful, I'd be very happy for this to be at the expense of one Montagny, F. after his questionable tactics at PLM last year. He is an awesome talent but a couple of incidents/interviews have dulled the shine a bit for me of late sadly.

BTW is anyone else still holding out some hope for some final production headlight units a la the initial renders?