Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Oct 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2968310)   #176
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Don't forget McNish!
One of Audi's favoured sons , cant see that .

Ok , about Irvine . Didnt Brundle come outta retirement for Bentley . These guys were quick . Doesnt mean a fitness course couldnt fit them back up again .

Lotterer - Toyota Gt500
Ara - Toyota Gt500 and previous Le Mans winner
Brabham - Toyota connections and quick and Japanese
Minnassian - Complaining he isnt getting enough driving
Wurz - Not getting much running either and brilliant development driver
Old 9 Oct 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2968324)   #177
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could see Trulli driving for Toyota if they ever actually race a sports car program. Does he have any F1 prospects for the next year or two? I could mention Ralf Schumacher, but I guess we better not go down that route! Might as well throw out Kimi's name since he's been linked to just about everything else.

EDIT: One Rebellion driver who may deserve a shot in a big time prototype is Guy Smith. Former overall winner and he still looks pretty fast. Bleekemolen looks like a hot shoe too.

Last edited by AGD; 9 Oct 2011 at 22:58.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 23:47 (Ref:2968350)   #178
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Its only 2 months to Christmas Jag ..... if the car is planning to run in 2012 , its not that early really .

Love to see Irvine return !!!
Was thinking more about counting chickens before they've hatched seeing as the car hasn't been announced yet.

As for drivers I'd take a look at the following......

Pla
Capello
Watts
Fisichella
Gene
Smith
Kane
Lapierre
Duval
Paffet
Jarvis
Heideld
Raikkonen
Coulthard
D/M.Franchitti
Wheldon
Long
Gavin
Ordonez
..........and so one!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2968361)   #179
colt513
Rookie

colt513 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know he is not Japanese, but I think Johnny Cocker should get a good prototype drive. Along with Alex Premat and Lucas Luhr.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2968427)   #180
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Can't forget about their VLN/N24 lineup either! Lotterer was there in their LFA. I feel he's a definite for them. Nakajima is his SGT teammate, so he might be a shoe in as well. Kino****a is another name. As is Akira Iida who seems to be very fast in the LFA. Toyota have deeeep pockets too, so getting good talent could be just selling them on how good their car is.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 05:00 (Ref:2968430)   #181
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Dominik Schwager might be an option as well... he's pretty fast and has quite a bit of Super GT experience, so he might be on the Japanese manufacturers' lists... other than that, I supposse a lot of the new talent will come from F3/GP2/Formula Nippon...
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2968482)   #182
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
There are a few F1 drivers desperately clinging on to F1 who could forge a new career in sportscars such as:

Barrichello
Heidfield
Schumacher!
Massa
Trulli
Glock
Koveleinan
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2968486)   #183
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
There are a few F1 drivers desperately clinging on to F1 who could forge a new career in sportscars such as:

Barrichello
Heidfield
Schumacher!
Massa
Trulli
Glock
Koveleinan
A big risk that Schumacher will bin the car with his sometimes over-the-edge driving... (and i know he did good in the C11 )
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2968495)   #184
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Barrichello
Heidfield
Schumacher!
Massa
Trulli
Glock
Koveleinan
A young driver like Kovalainnen won't go to sportscars. Barrichello, Schumacher, and Glock sound ok as sportscar drivers.
I think Trulli is plenty fast but he has his share of problems. Look at the powersteering issue at lotus. Kovalainnen was able to drive around it and he couldn't drive the car.
Maybe Toyota will look at their old F1 drivers to do work in the sportscar program. I just expect to see a japanese team with 3 japanese drivers besides a "pro" line up in the other car.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2968496)   #185
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I could see Trulli driving for Toyota if they ever actually race a sports car program. Does he have any F1 prospects for the next year or two? I could mention Ralf Schumacher, but I guess we better not go down that route! Might as well throw out Kimi's name since he's been linked to just about everything else.

EDIT: One Rebellion driver who may deserve a shot in a big time prototype is Guy Smith. Former overall winner and he still looks pretty fast. Bleekemolen looks like a hot shoe too.
In my opinion Bleekemolen is long overdue for a good ride. He was plenty fast in the RS Spyder for Van Merksteijn in 2008. Would love to see Verstappen again but I guess that's out of the question with his attention on coaching his son.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2968505)   #186
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
In my opinion Bleekemolen is long overdue for a good ride. He was plenty fast in the RS Spyder for Van Merksteijn in 2008. Would love to see Verstappen again but I guess that's out of the question with his attention on coaching his son.
Agreed. I would not be surprised at all if Porsche picks him up if someone does not beat them to it. He seems to be fast and smart. Plus he sounds just like Arie Luyendyk. Ok, I guess that isn't surprising, but still.

Glock is a good guess too. I remember him doing demo laps in the MkIII Eagle Toyota a few years back.

Since we are just speculating, what about tires? Would Toyota go with their old partner Michelin or might they be able to get Bridgestone back to Le Mans? Maybe someone else like Dunlop? I guess it is hard to speculate about things like that.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2968510)   #187
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt513 View Post
I know he is not Japanese, but I think Johnny Cocker should get a good prototype drive. Along with Alex Premat and Lucas Luhr.
Good shouts. This would be a very fast line up, all with recent LMP knowledge and two with insight into the benchmark team at Le Mans - Audi.

My mind also wanders over to Kane and Watts but I get the impression those guys are happy with their situation and are under contract. They will be in prime position if HPD morphs back into Honda.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2968518)   #188
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Good shouts. This would be a very fast line up, all with recent LMP knowledge and two with insight into the benchmark team at Le Mans - Audi.

My mind also wanders over to Kane and Watts but I get the impression those guys are happy with their situation and are under contract. They will be in prime position if HPD morphs back into Honda.
Don't they have a LMP1 ride already with the new ARX-03a?
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2968522)   #189
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Agreed. I would not be surprised at all if Porsche picks him up if someone does not beat them to it. He seems to be fast and smart. Plus he sounds just like Arie Luyendyk. Ok, I guess that isn't surprising, but still.

Glock is a good guess too. I remember him doing demo laps in the MkIII Eagle Toyota a few years back.

Since we are just speculating, what about tires? Would Toyota go with their old partner Michelin or might they be able to get Bridgestone back to Le Mans? Maybe someone else like Dunlop? I guess it is hard to speculate about things like that.
I think they'll stick to Japanese rubber. I hope they bring back Bridgestone. I would love to see some competition in the tire department...

Ohw and on the driver department, what about Kazuki Nakajima. Anyone know what happend to him? He used to driver F1 for Toyota.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2968530)   #190
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Don't they have a LMP1 ride already with the new ARX-03a?
Yeah they do I'm just saying they are guys I would want in the car. But I'm probably a bit biased as a Brit.

With regards to tyres I'd love to see some different rubber in too but last time Toyota were at Le Mans they were on Michelin's and carried them through to F1 if I remember.

Depends whether they blame them for that puncture in '99 I suppose!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2968549)   #191
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Yeah they do I'm just saying they are guys I would want in the car. But I'm probably a bit biased as a Brit.

With regards to tyres I'd love to see some different rubber in too but last time Toyota were at Le Mans they were on Michelin's and carried them through to F1 if I remember.

Depends whether they blame them for that puncture in '99 I suppose!
I think it depends on how the LMP was designed. They probably are going to use the wider "rear" front tires like Peugeot and Audi use. But then again they may want to gain a advantage by using some specially designed Bridgestone rubber that gives them a advantage over those "rear" front Michelins.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2968552)   #192
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Schumacher!
Here's an interesting comment. It's from 2005... but I don't think the last race helped things. Might have been taken a bit out of context.

Anyway, Schumacher has a deal for 2012.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:14 (Ref:2968555)   #193
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
I think it depends on how the LMP was designed. They probably are going to use the wider "rear" front tires like Peugeot and Audi use. But then again they may want to gain a advantage by using some specially designed Bridgestone rubber that gives them a advantage over those "rear" front Michelins.
We'll see. Cytosport were saying earlier this year that they were having some slight issues getting temperature into their tires because Michelin's LMP1 tires are built around diesel technology. At least I think that was a summary of their comments. Now I'm sure Michelin would design tires specifically for a major program like Toyota, but perhaps someone else could build them better petrol tires.

I don't know if Dunlop may have some extra engineers available with the decreases in the BMW program. Maybe they are an option. They have been looking better lately. It's been 20 years since the last Dunlop overall victory (with the Japanese oddly enough) so maybe they are primed to make a return to the top of the field. They really have not been on an overall contender since the first couple of years of the last Bentley program.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2968559)   #194
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
We'll see. Cytosport were saying earlier this year that they were having some slight issues getting temperature into their tires because Michelin's LMP1 tires are built around diesel technology. At least I think that was a summary of their comments. Now I'm sure Michelin would design tires specifically for a major program like Toyota, but perhaps someone else could build them better petrol tires.

I don't know if Dunlop may have some extra engineers available with the decreases in the BMW program. Maybe they are an option. They have been looking better lately. It's been 20 years since the last Dunlop overall victory (with the Japanese oddly enough) so maybe they are primed to make a return to the top of the field. They really have not been on an overall contender since the first couple of years of the last Bentley program.
If I remember correctly Audi and Peugeot pay a nice sum of money for those specific rear fronts that go on a Diesel. With this in mind the chance that they go to Bridgestone or another manufacturer would be likely, but then again they don't have any recent LMP experience.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2968568)   #195
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
but then again they don't have any recent LMP experience.
Indeed. Michelin is a safe option.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2968577)   #196
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Here's an interesting comment. It's from 2005... but I don't think the last race helped things. Might have been taken a bit out of context.

Anyway, Schumacher has a deal for 2012.
I remember him saying that - but then he went on to race bikes!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2968579)   #197
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im glad he doesnt like it . Id rather not see a premadonna like him there , slamming Le Mans . He made his name there ..... forgot about that did he .

I reckon all the drivers who love the place , far outweigh what that spoiled arrogant little brat has to say about it .
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2968609)   #198
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
Im glad he doesnt like it . Id rather not see a premadonna like him there , slamming Le Mans . He made his name there ..... forgot about that did he .

I reckon all the drivers who love the place , far outweigh what that spoiled arrogant little brat has to say about it .
That's one opinion :P
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2968637)   #199
The Badger
Veteran

So , are you agreeing with me or what ?
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2968653)   #200
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
Quote:
So , are you agreeing with me or what ?
Well i somewhat agree. I think Le Mans is safe enough and that he's just being a pussy. But I would like to see him come to Le Mans to see if he still can push a sportscar to it's limits.
But before I see Schumi come to Le Mans I'd rather see a other F1 drivers there before him. He wouldn't add that much for me.