Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Feb 2008, 04:15 (Ref:2138101)   #426
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Vitaphone has been maserati's works supported team (their main team) for what three years and then Vitaphone run an Aston Martin at Le Mans? I wonder what Maserati thinks of this- my theory is that Maserati might entice Vitaphone to run a third MC12 in FIA GT to stop Vitaphone running an Aston at La Sarthe.

I would love to see Vitaphone run a DBR9 so fingers crossed this doesn't happen. Its Maserati's fault that the MC12 doesn't meet the regs. They are a very good team so they have the capability of doing well, wether they win is another matter.
Vitaphone already said they initially wanted to put a Maserati V12 in the back of a Lola B08/60, but it couldn't be done in time, and they obviously couldn't run an MC12 at Le Mans, so they've covered all their bases as far as running a Maserati at Le Mans. Being that they can't run an MC12 at Le Mans, I don't think Maserati can be too unhappy with them that they decided to use something ACO legal. After all, it's not Vitaphone's fault that Maserati designed a car that's illegal at Le Mans...
Old 26 Feb 2008, 04:36 (Ref:2138105)   #427
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect they would have been happier if they'd gone for a Ferrari 430 GT2 car instead, as rumours last year were indicating at one stage. At least that would have stayed under the FIAT umbrella...
Old 26 Feb 2008, 09:32 (Ref:2138223)   #428
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More infos (and the design) of the Le Mans Series Lamborghini:
http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/4075/1/
Old 26 Feb 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2138233)   #429
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz.lmp1
More infos (and the design) of the Le Mans Series Lamborghini:
http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/4075/1/
Erm......struggling with my German again!

Need a little help with this, but, have I understood correctly that the Le Mans Series car(s) is(are) brand new chassis with a revised aero package with more downforce proven in the Audi wind tunnel? Also, Reiter Engineering will run the car(s)?
Old 26 Feb 2008, 10:02 (Ref:2138244)   #430
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Erm......struggling with my German again!

Need a little help with this, but, have I understood correctly that the Le Mans Series car(s) is(are) brand new chassis with a revised aero package with more downforce proven in the Audi wind tunnel? Also, Reiter Engineering will run the car(s)?
Yup, seems like you understood it quite well.
Probably better than I understand the stuff at EI...
Old 4 Mar 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2144409)   #431
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
DSC's Paul Ricard round up mentioned there was a high likelihood that the Saulnier P1 Pescarolo would get promoted from 1st reserve. Is this general skepticism that all 55 will get through test day etc or has one of the full entries become somewhat less likely?
Old 4 Mar 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2144456)   #432
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Vitaphone Aston Martin is in question. They applied before making the decision between a 3rd Maser in FIA GT. Since it looks like that is the route they are taking, I think they will withdraw the Aston.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 01:40 (Ref:2144609)   #433
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
I think the Vitaphone Aston Martin is in question. They applied before making the decision between a 3rd Maser in FIA GT. Since it looks like that is the route they are taking, I think they will withdraw the Aston.
Who told you they were running a third? Full season entries have closed, and they're not in with 3.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 05:43 (Ref:2144665)   #434
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Who told you they were running a third? Full season entries have closed, and they're not in with 3.
And just where is the exact entry list posted?

L.P.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2144714)   #435
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I can see that Luchinni pulling the plug too ..... hope so !!!

Then we get 2 belting Lambo's ..... proper ones .
Old 5 Mar 2008, 09:00 (Ref:2144758)   #436
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luchini did not get an invite as far as I can see...although at least they were able to show a finished car (in the pits at Ricard) instead of no car (like two of the three japanese entries).

I think it will be the Vitaphone entry and I would not be surprised if the Tokai university car also bit the dust.

If that happens, the Saulnier Pesca (mobile chicane) and a second Lambo (great sounding but fragile) get the nod.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2144759)   #437
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Luchini did not get an invite as far as I can see...although at least they were able to show a finished car (in the pits at Ricard) instead of no car (like two of the three japanese entries).

I think it will be the Vitaphone entry and I would not be surprised if the Tokai university car also bit the dust.

If that happens, the Saulnier Pesca (mobile chicane) and a second Lambo (great sounding but fragile) get the nod.
Racing Box has a Lucchini granted an entry for Le Mans.

The Japanese Teramas I believe has been tetsing in Japan recently. Why would you expect them to show at Paul Ricard? They aren't running LMS.

Tokai is still building their car I presume.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2144761)   #438
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Racing Box has a Lucchini granted an entry for Le Mans.
Correct, although it is unlikely to set the world alight, especially running the 'old' Judd 3.4! But, it will at least add variety, and Racing Box will most likely get the best out of the package........

Of course, we really need 5 cars to withdraw in order to undo an injustice, don't we?
Old 5 Mar 2008, 09:29 (Ref:2144763)   #439
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stand corrected on the racing box entry.

We really don't know what is happening with Dome and the Tokai entry. We have seen a lot of nice 'artistic drawings' and a picture of the tub (of the Dome) but nothing else so far. Tokai??? A few pics but nothing substantive.

Was the Courgage Mugen test referred to in Endurance Info a recent test?
Old 5 Mar 2008, 09:52 (Ref:2144779)   #440
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Was the Courage Mugen test referred to in Endurance Info a recent test?
The Terramos effort would appear to be a serious one. Terrada has joined forces with Takuya Yura, the president of Mooncraft (Monncraft Shiden etc.) and will be partnered by the 2 Shiden GT 300 drivers at Le Mans. The Mugen engine is a development of the MF408, and it would appear that their pit garage at Le Mans will be situated close to Oreca so that they can help them with regard to technical support.

In answer to your question, the car was tested at Fuji Speedway on the 6th February and at Suzuka on the 19th and 20th February. The next test is planned for the 29th March at Fuji.

In the future, the team plan to compete in LMP2.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 10:22 (Ref:2144803)   #441
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Whats the word on AMR drivers ?

Brabham , Picinni , Turner , Wendlinger ..... any other possibles ? Who is down to partner Garcia for Modena ?

I did see some of the drivers mentioned someplace , but cant remember where ..... !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 5 Mar 2008 at 10:25.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2144806)   #442
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Brabham , Picinni , Turner , Wendlinger ..... any other possibles ?

I did see some of the drivers mentioned someplace , but cant remember where ..... !!!
There's an AMR group test at Ricard this week. We will probably get a better idea when news of who's there filters through later in the week.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2144921)   #443
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Brabham , Picinni , Turner , Wendlinger ..... any other possibles ? Who is down to partner Garcia for Modena ?

Babini, Davies, Bouchut, Sharp, Menten, Elgaard.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2144923)   #444
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I thought Elgaard was going to drive the essex porsche Spider lmp2
Old 5 Mar 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2144925)   #445
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorritVD
Babini, Davies, Bouchut, Sharp, Menten, Elgaard.
Elgaard is driving the Essex RS Spyder .

Maybe Bouchet will be with Larbre or Reiter .

Maybe Menten for Reioter too .

I thought Babini was going to BMS ?

Whats Davies doing at the mo , BTCC ? If so , wouldnt he have a simelar issue like Chilton had last year .
Old 5 Mar 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2144933)   #446
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype
Nope, they are still deciding whether to enter a 3rd MC12 into FIA GT. If they do, they will withdraw the Le Mans Aston entry.

Then only 7 more until the 2nd Labre Saleen
Looks like Vitaphon will go to LM. The 3rd MC12 is not theirs:
http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/4119/1/
Old 5 Mar 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2144935)   #447
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Looks like Vitaphon will go to LM. The 3rd MC12 is not theirs:
http://www.projectlemans.de/content/view/4119/1/
Well, I guess that means 8 more until the 2nd Larbre Saleen.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 14:51 (Ref:2144949)   #448
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

H.H.Frentzen????
Old 5 Mar 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2144974)   #449
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Ryan Dalziel are currently testing the DBR9: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5059
Old 5 Mar 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2145003)   #450
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Babini is a Pirelli contract driver, so if AMR is on Michelin (and they are) I don't see him in the mix. Jamie Davies was too, dunno what is up with him this year.

Interesting names in the mix (Frentzen, Dalziel). Good pilots, but I can think of better. Johnny Herbert in the frame again, or out of favour after the accident last year?