Old 11 Nov 2004, 22:57 (Ref:1151009)   #1
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
mini-mental should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charity "Calendar Girls".

Charity Calendar Needs your help

Some of you may know that a group of naked ladies have got together to produced a calendar to raise money for Cancer Research UK, and Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.

Poster Link

Calendars are only £5 each, and we are hoping to raise £2,000 this year for these good causes.

If you would like a copy, please contact me either by PM, or e-mail (see poster).

*Please help us raise money for these charities*

P.S. Did I mention the naked ladies!!!!
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1151015)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Is this the WI one from the "Calendar Girls" movie?
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:13 (Ref:1151024)   #3
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Terri. I've just had an idea how you could raise some money for TT. There is quite a high %age of the female gender on the site and we would only need twelve of you to 'do the decent thing'

Gets coat and sidles away shamefaced at having the temerity to suggest such a thing.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1151025)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - surely you mean the "indecent" thing diz? I'm pretty sure we could raise some money that way.

How much am I bid to keep my clothes on?

Anyway, back to the thread - don't want to hijack something as important as this!
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:30 (Ref:1151046)   #5
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Is this the WI one from the "Calendar Girls" movie?
Yeah like the WI, but when you see July, you may have wnated to pay me to keep mine on.

It's very tastefully done, with ladies from 17 to 64 lears old. As a LADY marshal, I think we could get together something similar to promote good causes, if not only women in motorsport!
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1151055)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hang on, you're IN it?
Old 11 Nov 2004, 23:56 (Ref:1151076)   #7
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Hang on, you're IN it?
Of course. As I thought of it, I had to do it (throwing caution and decency to the wind).
Old 12 Nov 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1151078)   #8
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting from the left in the link, which one are you? I need to know whether I am falling in lurrve again. I'll take a wild guess. You are 5th from the left.
Edited to make a guess

Last edited by diz; 12 Nov 2004 at 00:06.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 00:03 (Ref:1151079)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
mini good woman yourself. Put me down for one and let me know how to make payment!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 00:48 (Ref:1151092)   #10
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cancer Research UK, and Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.
These are both worthy charities and I do support them. However I like a number of the readers am involved with many National and International Charities especially at this time of the year.
Should we be promoting them through this Group?
I dont wish to be a spoil sport but I am sure we would not want to turn Ten Tenths into a medium for promoting charities no matter how good the cause?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1151135)   #11
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the car clubs over here is doing one of their men along the same lines. It's unofficial though so the club officers can't get their undies in a bunch. It's also deliberately of men who are quite out of shape and are willing to laugh at themselves. They'll have strategically placed flags and gear of course. Great idea, loads of fun and a charity benefits. Everyone wins.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1151246)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oi, how did that bloke get into the picture?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 09:53 (Ref:1151312)   #13
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
Starting from the left in the link, which one are you?
I'm the red head next to the man (Man not in calendar ... just got drunk and asked him to be on the cover!).
Old 12 Nov 2004, 09:56 (Ref:1151317)   #14
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
mini good woman yourself. Put me down for one and let me know how to make payment!
Just PM or e-mail me your address. I'll send it to you, and you return payment and slip (cheque or cash).
Old 12 Nov 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1151322)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
With the black ankle boots and wearing glasses?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1151336)   #16
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally posted by Gridlock
Should we be promoting them through this Group?
I dont wish to be a spoil sport but I am sure we would not want to turn Ten Tenths into a medium for promoting charities no matter how good the cause?
Hi Gridlock. I take your point about this becoming a charity help forum. However, I am a marshl and I wanted to offer this to my other marshsl friends. It is different to the other threads about how bad the MSA is!. I didn't think it would do any harm.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1151339)   #17
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally posted by blueflagger
One of the car clubs over here is doing one of their men along the same lines. They'll have strategically placed flags and gear of course. Great idea, loads of fun and a charity benefits. Everyone wins.
Let me know about it. I'm sure I'll be interested in helping out.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1151357)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Just to clear this up, under normal circumstances we wouldn't allow charity threads outside of Parc Ferme, but in this instance and because mini-mental is a marshal, we are allowing it to stay put.

What I may do after about a week is to move it then as it will then gain extra exposure and help get more sponsorship.

Stephen.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1151364)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green

What I may do after about a week is to move it then as it will then gain extra exposure and help get more sponsorship.

Stephen.
Pun intended?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1151373)   #20
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mini-mental
I'm the red head next to the man (Man not in calendar ... just got drunk and asked him to be on the cover!).
How long have you been a Redhead Nic?

Jolly decent of Murray Walker to take part as well, don't you think?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 10:49 (Ref:1151381)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman
Pun intended?
Doh!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1151413)   #22
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Mitchell
How long have you been a Redhead Nic?

Jolly decent of Murray Walker to take part as well, don't you think?
He does a bit doesn't he! He's our security guard. I died my hair fro my sisters wedding in August.

Come on Mark, I thought you would get one!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 14:03 (Ref:1151565)   #23
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I once was a naked Centrefold in a magazine in my younger days.

The paper was later used to wrap some chips in.....my girlfriend looked at it and thought she had a chip left over!!!!
Old 12 Nov 2004, 15:26 (Ref:1151667)   #24
mini-mental
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Mitchell
I once was a naked Centrefold in a magazine in my younger days.
I'm not sure I can even comment on that .... naked!

I would have thought that this was right up your street then?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1151963)   #25
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to say common you guys & girls, definately worth the investment, Niki was selling them @ the last meeting @ Mallory & it's well worth the money, oh yeah & it's`a good cause.