Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 28 Apr 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1597090)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Roth to Run IRL Full-Time After Indy

The IRl's official website has a story today that Marty Roth will race in the IRL full-time for the rest of the season following the Indy 500...

I do wish him well and I hope that he will be safe....but personally, I don't think he has the speed or skills to compete at that level, IMO....

I also hope that no one else gets hurt due to his participation

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 18:58 (Ref:1597109)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well good for the numbers but will he be like what was it Paul Dana last year finishing 4 laps off the pace each race on average?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1597113)   #3
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, he has 2 Indy 500's and 2 full years of IPS under his belt and has a fairly good track record in the IPS in not making dumb mistakes and usually running at the finish.

A big part of his cars at Indy not being competetive the last few years is due to him not having the team together engineering-wise. He dropped out of the race last year because the weight jacker broke.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1597142)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have serious misgivings about this.

He's not the sort of driver who's qualified for this level.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1597174)   #5
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a waste
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1597249)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
good luck to him I say.

He has a little bit of experience in these cars and some good IPS experience as mentioned by drdisque.
Of course he will be somewhere towards the back but I dont think he will be as bad as some people may think.

I am looking forward to seeing how he goes
Old 29 Apr 2006, 03:07 (Ref:1597305)   #7
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I have serious misgivings about this.

He's not the sort of driver who's qualified for this level.
Maybe 10-years ago when he was racing indy lights, but not now. Dana was questionable, I thought he was qualified, but a lot of people didn't. Roth isn't....
Old 29 Apr 2006, 09:22 (Ref:1597397)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Extra cars are always a good thing if the driver will be safe, and Marty should be, if he hans't been a danger in IPS. Ideally he'd run a car for someone like Carpentier or Enge, but that's not the way it works - he's living out his dream after achieving a lot in another field, and in some ways we should be honoured that motor racing is his dream, and something he's prepared to throw a lot of his own money at.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1597430)   #9
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurrah for amateurs. Jeopardizing the pros since god knows when.

On a lesser note, Hurrah for a token slow Canadian. WE MISS YOU ROSS BENTLEY!
Old 30 Apr 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1598001)   #10
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martys 47 and his best driving years are behind him. That being said he was doing allright in the Pro Series but should have stayed there. The young guns in the IndyCar Series will eat him alive. One good point about this is that Martys new wife Margret will still be at the race track.
Old 30 Apr 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1598070)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Owner
Martys 47 and his best driving years are behind him. That being said he was doing allright in the Pro Series but should have stayed there. The young guns in the IndyCar Series will eat him alive. One good point about this is that Martys new wife Margret will still be at the race track.
Now you cant make a claim like that without art! Pics please
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 May 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1601827)   #12
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think overall it is good for the series

Another driver on the grid is good which now makes it 21 and before the start of the season some people were saying the IRL would struggle to get 15 and would "no way" fill the 33 car grid for 500.

I hope Marty does well and is competitive although I think it will be a race between him and Chesson for the last couple of positions. but good luck to him