Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Oct 2002, 17:25 (Ref:406630)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
De La Rosa slams Irvine

According to Autosport, Pedro has claimed that he and Eddie are not on speaking terms, that Eddie is not helpful when thigns aren't going well, and that he hopes Eddie is gone form the team for 2003.

I've got to say that I'm surprised in this, Irvine has clearly had a hand in the improvement of the car this season (and last season too), and Pedro can't be doing himself any favours in terms of his position in the team, although he has a contract for 2003 many expect it to be paid off. perhaps PDLR knows that his days at Jaguar (and thus almost certainly in F1) are numbered, and he wants to go out in a blaze of gloriously sour grapes (or at least make it look like his lesser results aren't his fault)
Old 17 Oct 2002, 17:33 (Ref:406637)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DLR has no reason to complain after what he did(n't) achieve this year in terms of race performance and car development.
I won't miss him when he's kicked out of F1!
Old 17 Oct 2002, 17:35 (Ref:406639)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not surprised by this in all honesty, back about mid season time, Sky were reporting that Eddie and Pedro were not on speaking terms and that had extended to each drivers respective crews. Not sure how accurate that actually is, but if it's true then it's something that Niki Lauda should have sorted out.

I bet the pre-race tactics talk yer a nightmare!
Old 17 Oct 2002, 17:41 (Ref:406646)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie does too much talking to be able to drive fast. Pedro has the right attitude for F1 processions.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 17:42 (Ref:406647)   #5
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Right, and pigs fly!
Old 17 Oct 2002, 17:49 (Ref:406652)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: De La Rosa slams Irvine

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
I've got to say that I'm surprised in this, Irvine has clearly had a hand in the improvement of the car this season (and last season too)
The trouble is there has been little to no improvement in 2 years and when you think how well Stewart GP was doing before a simple name change you have to wonder what effect anyone has had. Monza was a fluke result caused by the cicuits nature suiting cars with terrible aero packages and good engines. The rest of the year they've been mixing it with the minardi's as they were before.

I disagree with what PDLR says however because Eddie is a far more competent driver even if he does shoot his mouth off too often. Also, I can't see his comments sitting well at ford who are still uncertain about the future of the team.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 18:48 (Ref:406707)   #7
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Pedro, you finished below Alex Yoong in this year's standings, do you really think you deserve a place in F1 above EI?
Old 17 Oct 2002, 19:57 (Ref:406760)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont rate de la rosa that highly , but Irvine hasnt exactly shone either....up until late season eddie was one of my main disappointments of the year with his attitude .....but i was sooo pleased when he turned it all around late season
Old 17 Oct 2002, 20:00 (Ref:406762)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Eddie does too much talking to be able to drive fast. Pedro has the right attitude for F1 processions.
And thats why Eddie scored the teams only points this season and Pedro didn't.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 20:13 (Ref:406772)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedro should get his Superliscense yanked along with Yoong. Too slow to survive!

I'm not keen on seeing Eddie around anymore either. Seems to make a mess wherever he goes.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 21:41 (Ref:406859)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What do you expect from De La Rosa? Irvine's been giving it to him all year. Do you expect Pedro to just say, "hmm, you know, Eddie, you have a point there." I DON'T THINK SO.

Irvine's the one who does too much talking. It's only fair that Pedro return serve a little. And, to a certain extent he's right. Eddie is hardly the most positive person. When things are bad, he's a real ********. Frankly, I'm pretty sick and tired of him.

As for Irvine being the reason for Jag's improvement, well there's not a lot of improvement there. They had 1 good result at Monza, then went back to sucking again at Indy.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 23:02 (Ref:406911)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
As a Webber fan, I have to say how pleased I am to read this. PDLR knows something, either Eddie or himself won't be at the team next year.
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
The trouble is there has been little to no improvement in 2 years and when you think how well Stewart GP was doing before a simple name change you have to wonder what effect anyone has had. Monza was a fluke result caused by the cicuits nature suiting cars with terrible aero packages and good engines. The rest of the year they've been mixing it with the minardi's as they were before.
Your absolutly correct Damon. This has bothered me for a very long time. Personally, I think Ford should be begging Stewart to return.

As for the points, Melbourne was a fluke for Eddie (as it was for Webber and Salo), and Monza was just the 1 track that suited the car. Pedro was only 3/10ths behind him on the grid in 8th.

Eddie has had his chance. It has'nt worked. Unless Ford want to waist even more $$$, they need to make some drastic changes.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 23:09 (Ref:406914)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
My recommendations is to put Webber there at Jaguar, AND to have ANT there as his team mate. These two are seasoned testers, and sure as hell, they will do a helluva lot better than Irv and DLR. The jaguar team needs to be united, and having Mark and ANT there will not only unite theteam, but will develop a better car, and save the team magabucks. As for Stewart re-joining as top gun, well I proposed that 12 months ago.
To succed in F1 even in the lower ranks one must have a team - Jaguar don't.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 23:15 (Ref:406919)   #14
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds good to me, VB. Though I'd rather see Paul Edwards in that Jag seat.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 23:34 (Ref:406932)   #15
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
My recommendations is to put Webber there at Jaguar, AND to have ANT there as his team mate.
Sure, why not? The worst they could do is screw up which EI and PDLR have done for the past 3 seasons. Sucks about the R3, though, could happen to anyone....
Old 18 Oct 2002, 01:07 (Ref:406960)   #16
The Other Chris
Rookie

The Other Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
actually id rather have irvine with webber instead of davidson. irvine has WAY more experience than davidson and should still be able to compete for another year if the car next year is decent.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 03:32 (Ref:406987)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Let's compromise

Quote:
Originally posted by The Other Chris
actually id rather have irvine with webber instead of davidson. irvine has WAY more experience than davidson and should still be able to compete for another year if the car next year is decent.
OK, let's compromise - I'll meet you half way: Mark and ANT can race and Irv can do the testing work. Agreed?
Old 18 Oct 2002, 06:00 (Ref:407009)   #18
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I rated PDLR when he was at Arrows, and thought he would have done better at Jaguar. But frankly he's done nothing since he joined the team (he did score last year right?!?!) and this year Eddie has been better.

I'll be surprised if PDLR keeps his seat next season. Jaguar will probably have two new drivers.

Final point though is good to see PDLR give Eddie a serve!! Eddie loves to dish it out, let's see how he handles this one from his team-mate.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 07:44 (Ref:407028)   #19
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Valve Bounce. Davidson and Webber for Jaguar. Now they would race!!
Old 18 Oct 2002, 09:35 (Ref:407072)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Let's look at the realistic facts. When Jordan got the jump on both BAR and Jaguar, the latter two's bosses must sit back and take notice of their own shortcomings. BAR had an ex WDC, while Jaguar had a driver who claimed to be the second best driver in F1. Both are highly paid - some would say they were paid well above their achievements in recent years. Certainly there is nothing in their record this year to justify anything above a million each. Who is to say that Webber, ANT, Jos, Wurz, Gene, Badoer, et al would have done any worse? That is my point. These highly paid buggers have done very little this year. They have names and they attract highly lucrative sponsors for themselves, but the bottom line is the results are not there.
What could be worse for Jaguar than to have Webber and Ant race for them instead? What could possibly happen? My guess is that these two guys would achieve a lot more and cost a whole lot less.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 15:30 (Ref:407265)   #21
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Let's compromise

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
OK, let's compromise - I'll meet you half way: Mark and ANT can race and Irv can do the testing work. Agreed?
Valve....what a great line up....2 young gun chargers for the races who will give 100 % effort and commitment to the team ,, and one of the best development drivers around to give them a good car in which to move the team up the grid....

Also , that would allow eddie more time to spend on his boat with the ladies !
Old 18 Oct 2002, 15:57 (Ref:407277)   #22
Ian Smith
Racer

England
Tamworth Staff's
Ian Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with you Bounce, lets give the two young guns the chance, Lets face it they could hardly do worse than this years performances.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 16:04 (Ref:407284)   #23
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
exactly , im a big fan of giving the younger guys a chance....they will work harder than the older guys who demand too much attention and a lot of money.....yes they lack the experince , but make up for it in their commitment .

Ant really deserves a drive in F1 next year .

Last edited by Sato san; 18 Oct 2002 at 16:05.
Old 18 Oct 2002, 23:35 (Ref:407655)   #24
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fact that Pedro scored zero points to Irvine's eight is a fluke. First of all, Irvine has been three years at Jaguar. Is he saying that they have never followed his advice, because the cars were ****?
Pedro could also have scored at Monza if his car hadn't gotten in neutral at the first chicane, dropping him back the order...
How can we know if Irvine has had a hand in Jaguar's development when at Ferrari'99 the development stopped with him, but started again with Schumacher?

Eddie deserves some slack. Schumacher never gave him any, so it's time someone says it. And Pedro isn't afraid to talk. Surely Pedro and all the other drivers who didn't score deserve his place more than Irvine, because Yoong surely doesn't criticise his teammate, his rivals and everything he sees.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 07:47 (Ref:408364)   #25
KretzmanF1
Rookie

KretzmanF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it ironic that the quietest man on the grid actually says something. I think this is good in some ways and bad in some ways. The good: De La Rosa actually spoke, and spoke up for himself, and its about time Irvine got slammed because he is always slamming someone. The bad:the pure fact that De La Rosa didn't score any points to Irvs eight is a indication of his driving.Last year De La Rosa drove to a fifth at Canada in the Jaguar, but other than that he hasn't really done much to show he should be there next year. When younger drivers in tests are faster than you by close to a second, its time you should go, or step up your performance. My advice to De La Rosa, is to put up or shut up, if you don't have the results don't complain about it

Last edited by KretzmanF1; 20 Oct 2002 at 07:51.