Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2728172)   #126
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
yeah its the , lets droop 2 miniuet away from the leaders strategy, and drive 2 sec a lap slower strategy
No, it's the lets get half a stint ahead, so that when #96 make there final stop we can pounce on them.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2728173)   #127
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
No, it's the lets get half a stint ahead, so that when #96 make there final stop we can pounce on them.
dude, waht in the name of moorsport are you talking about they just gave a pit extra to the ferraris, and the ferrari is still 20s ahead from before the pit, and that porsche is still slower so there is no way in hell it will pounce on anything

safty car not included
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2728177)   #128
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
dude, waht in the name of moorsport are you talking about they just gave a pit extra to the ferraris, and the ferrari is still 20s ahead from before the pit, and that porsche is still slower so there is no way in hell it will pounce on anything

safty car not included
We will see.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2728179)   #129
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
The Felbermayr pitwall i.e. a certain N. Singer must have timed that stop on an estimation of when the Oreca Pug will complete the distance at current pace (which will be less than the 6 hours).
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2728181)   #130
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
i still fail to see an advantige in that if, there is no safty car, because in the end the ferraris will just do splash and dash, and that will take less time then a full stop extra the felmbayer just had, it could have payed off if the car was faster after the pits, on new tires so tthat it would make up the 20s, but as things stand now those 20s are now 25s, and by the end it will be 40s, withc is more hten enough for ferrari to have one more pitt then the porsche

Not even a genus strategy cant help you if your car is just plain slower
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2728182)   #131
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
#77 Porsche has jumped the #92 Aston, which was 2nd in class, after the pitstop. As Hindy put it, "Ka- and indeed -ching".
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2728183)   #132
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
well that aint gonna work on the 96---he also stated hte aston will probably make that back in the spash an dash in the end
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2728184)   #133
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the 30 minutes on Eurosport this evening the only bit of coverage this weekend? Not quite the same watching figures tick over via live timings!
Old 17 Jul 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2728186)   #134
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
well that aint gonna work on the 96---he also stated hte aston will probably make that back in the spash an dash in the end
They don't need to beat 96 to score more points than them, even finishing 2nd #77 with extend there championship lead, not that #96 is even in the championship hunt anyway
Old 17 Jul 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2728192)   #135
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Pitstops have cycled through in GT2 and it's 96-77-92 in the top three.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2728196)   #136
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Strakka dun dead.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2728199)   #137
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Well there goes my hope for a LMP2 car on the overall podium...
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2728219)   #138
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well there goes my hope for a LMP2 car on the overall podium...
not necessarily Heck a flm car could be on the overall podium!
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2728223)   #139
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The Stig's now in the RML Lola... so we can expect it to go at some kind of speed.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2728233)   #140
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
The Stig's now in the RML Lola... so we can expect it to go at some kind of speed.
do you think he's listening to classical music in the cockpit!
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2728234)   #141
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
do you think he's listening to classical music in the cockpit!
Na, he is into his Vuvuzela music now.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2728240)   #142
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I don't know. I think King Crimson might be better for these tense situations.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2728261)   #143
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, this is heating up a bit again.

And I got my e-mail read on RLM.

It's been a pretty good day.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2728298)   #144
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Based on the events of this race, it'll be an all Audi/Peugeot show in the ILMC. A Rebellion Lola got to within .3 of a second in qualifying, but the gasers have a way to go to match the diesels in race pace.

Granted, both Lolas have to start in the back didn't help matters, but a 5 lap lead for the Oreca Pug at the checkered flag signifies that with such breaks, perhaps only a factory team can take advantage. Just look at Acura at Sebring in '09. On a flying lap, they matched what the diesels could do, but come race time, a combination of a lack of straightline speed and not being able to work traffic cost them.

Is that's what's being seen here? Even Highcroft went to the narrow ACO wing on their Acura/HPD machine to eek out some straightline speed, because as Duncan Dayton said last week, if those LMP1s get out in front on straightline speed, you're pretty much screwed.
Old 18 Jul 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2728398)   #145
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Difficult to comment on the race with the lack of any meaningful tv coverage, but there appeared to be some excellent battles once again amongst the GT2 competitors. The pace of the Aston was particularly impressive.......I wonder how much of that was down to the tyres?

Must offer my congratulations to Warren Hughes and Jody Firth. Warren was without doubt the class of the FLM field, but Jody did everything that was asked of him, kept out of trouble and posted some very respectable lap times. I sense they would have won the class even if their adversaries hadn't contrived to self destruct and present the win to them on a plate. Let's hope we see this driver combination move up to P2 in the not too distant future!
Old 18 Jul 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2728412)   #146
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
hello, i have a little request, did ayone pay attention to the gt2 battle in the last 2 hours, I had to leave, and i didn; get to watch it, thanks. more specificly how didi the 95 af get in front of the 77
Old 18 Jul 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2728466)   #147
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this race was a joke, no coverage at all from Euro$port !! Mr. Peter on the LMS Test Days at Paul Ricard said that this year is all about a good TV coverage, what we got yesterday...nothing !!! now its clear that the French organiser failed...
Old 18 Jul 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2728500)   #148
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
this race was a joke, no coverage at all from Euro$port !! Mr. Peter on the LMS Test Days at Paul Ricard said that this year is all about a good TV coverage, what we got yesterday...nothing !!! now its clear that the French organiser failed...
Perhaps another sign that their focus has shifted to ILMC. It will be interesting to see what kind of TV-coverage Silverstone gets - and if PLM or Zuhai get any coverage at all
Old 18 Jul 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2728528)   #149
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV coverage was a joke considering it was not scheduled to go up against any major sports on Eurosport given the night time end. I can understand them pushing it to one side when the Tour de France is on as that has a much bigger number of viewers but they could have had even an hour or two given the sports that were on.

Hopefully it will go back to Motors TV at some point as the Eurosport coverage is a flippin joke. They do a good job at Le Mans but everywhere else is shockingly bad.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 03:53 (Ref:2728829)   #150
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
You miserable little trogladite !!!
For a moment there I thought I was in the other thread.

I thought this was on next weekend!!! I cant believe I missed this-and yet yesterday I would've had time to sit and (try and find) the race on the web somewhere (I managed to last year). So annoyed at myself right now.

Sounds like there was a cracker race in GT2.

AF Corse 1-2 (I'm a lot happier after hearing that )

Shame the Aston didnt grab third-sounds like they did really well.