Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Jan 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1496795)   #1
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daytona 24 advise?

Hi all,

Lucky me! - I will travel to Orlando for business by the end of this month and just saw that it is the weekend of the Daytona 24. I will arrive Firday evening and will have to be back in Orlando around noon on Sunday.

Can someone advise me what to do, when to be where, what sort of tickets to buy. Transport from Orlando Airport (rent a car?). Where to sleep etc.

Thanks!
Old 10 Jan 2006, 00:37 (Ref:1498261)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Do you have accomodations in Orlando? You can get to the Speedway in about one hour plus from Orlando, so if you already have accomodations you can get over to the track fairly easily (the only real traffic challenge would be on race day before the start). Send me a PM if you need any directions (I have lived in Orlando area for forever )

Because you are going to have to leave the track, you may want to think about just parking in grandstand area, and walking through tunnel. It is not a huge distance, and you will find parking situation much easier 'outside.'

Check with Daytona International Speedway website for ticket options. I actually like going to the grandstands at Daytona for some of the races-it is an interesting experience to view a road course, and probably the first time you have seen a superspeedway. You can see most of the track and you are right across from pit road. If you do go in the infield, it is also fairly interesting--make sure you go over to the East banking to see the cars accelerate to speed out of the chicane, as they arc around the bend (and around you). Again, a novel experience for you.

Do enjoy! Please tell me you are going to pack some warm clothing! We have just had a cold snap, and it also always seems to be cold in Daytona for the 24 Hour! It is also always windy at Daytona! But hopefully you will have some warm Florida sunshine--the last time I went to 24 was the year it rained and rained and, um, rained.). I will just be back from out of country trip myself, so although my son has returned after military service away for several years, I think we are unlikely fellow spectators, we may watch some of it on television, but I am not a great fan of the series--it is certainly better in person, and the Speedway is an experience. Do come back for Sebring and we will meet catch up with you there!!!

robert
Old 10 Jan 2006, 02:06 (Ref:1498292)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You might find THIS LINK useful in spite of the fact that it is directed at marshals. PM with questions.

Bring your "Probans" and we will put you to work.
Old 13 Jan 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1500900)   #4
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
You might find THIS LINK useful in spite of the fact that it is directed at marshals. PM with questions.

Bring your "Probans" and we will put you to work.
...always recruiting...Good on ya, Ted!