Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Mar 2023, 19:19 (Ref:4146132)   #651
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I believe the man said it was a 96. He said "it just keeps running." 5 speed manual, too.
I can't recall the last time I saw an old Pathfinder, usually it is only old 4Runners around here.
Old 6 Mar 2023, 21:55 (Ref:4146144)   #652
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The 4Runner. Is that the same as the Hilux SUV. Used to tow the race car with Japanese imported one in the UK. Liked it.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 02:39 (Ref:4146161)   #653
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The 4Runner. Is that the same as the Hilux SUV. Used to tow the race car with Japanese imported one in the UK. Liked it.
I am unsure of model name translations for that, but most likely. It is a body on frame SUV like the good old days.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 02:53 (Ref:4146163)   #654
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It certainly lasts better than the same era Range Rover.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 10:28 (Ref:4146189)   #655
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The early 4Runners were Hilux with rear cab/box being passed off as an SUV. Later 4Runners use Land Cruiser bits.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4146231)   #656
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Caught this one at a Coffee and Cars recently and today I spotted it in the wild.
Old 7 Mar 2023, 18:15 (Ref:4146234)   #657
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2 fer today. First, Ford sliding rear windows are bulletproof right?

And something I didn't recognize, at first thought it was a Morgan but MB star on hood
Old 7 Mar 2023, 18:26 (Ref:4146236)   #658
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
2 fer today. First, Ford sliding rear windows are bulletproof right?

And something I didn't recognize, at first thought it was a Morgan but MB star on hood
The car is a kit. For sure.
Old 8 Mar 2023, 02:39 (Ref:4146257)   #659
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Caught this one at a Coffee and Cars recently and today I spotted it in the wild.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5c15d4e24b.jpg
Ace.
I looked up Lotus on BaT yesterday. There was an Esprit. Cheaper than the Elise and ‘60s Elan posted on there.

Quote:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...19a84e05a6.jpg
Quote:
The car is a kit. For sure.
Reminds me of those replica Merc (Mercedes) 500k you get in the Le Mans parade. Although they come with the giant exhaust manifolds.

Edit: which I annoyingly can’t find a photo of now.

Last edited by Adam43; 8 Mar 2023 at 02:54.
Old 8 Mar 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4146270)   #660
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Is this what you were looking for Adam, and Excalibur Roadster?
Name:  Excalibur Roadster.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  27.9 KB
Old 8 Mar 2023, 12:47 (Ref:4146298)   #661
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That’s what I was thinking of. Excalibur. Thanks, it was annoying me I couldn’t find a picture or remember the name.

Anyway, it’s not one of those
Old 8 Mar 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4146309)   #662
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Is this what you were looking for Adam, and Excalibur Roadster?
Attachment 76710
I'm assuming that is yours in your driveway at home

But wow, there is a lot going on at the front of that thing!
Old 8 Mar 2023, 14:24 (Ref:4146313)   #663
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
and none of it is good.
Old 8 Mar 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4146320)   #664
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Those who know trucks will get a good laugh, and yes the badges are blacked out all around too. Only the wheels still have the oval
Old 8 Mar 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4146326)   #665
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm assuming that is yours in your driveway at home

Most certainly not, and for more than one reason. The driveway isn't big enough, I couldn't afford it and contrary to popular opinion, I do have a certain amount of pride...
Old 9 Mar 2023, 00:46 (Ref:4146394)   #666
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The people driving them in the parade always seemed quite happy.
Old 9 Mar 2023, 04:48 (Ref:4146407)   #667
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Those who know trucks will get a good laugh, and yes the badges are blacked out all around too. Only the wheels still have the oval
So much wrong and right happening in the world today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
and none of it is good.

Old 9 Mar 2023, 06:12 (Ref:4146408)   #668
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Most certainly not, and for more than one reason. The driveway isn't big enough, I couldn't afford it and contrary to popular opinion, I do have a certain amount of pride...
We get a UK car show over here that I must admit I love watching.... Bangers and Cash.
I remembered seeing a White Excalibur on that show featured quite strongly.

I managed to find the relevant Bangers and Cash Excalibur segment on youtube. The actual car was originally bought from new by Roy Orbison no less. Fully authenticated. White with white leather interior

Watch that youtube clip here.... its quite amusing, and the car found a new home with a collector of cars, (with no space problems!) who admits he owns another one as well, a specially made for some Phillipino President 4 seater bulletproof version (with a hardtop ) that weighs 5.5 tons!

Anyway all here is this link: https://youtu.be/BvxF1kqfwP0

Last edited by E.B; 9 Mar 2023 at 06:18.
Old 9 Mar 2023, 12:47 (Ref:4146441)   #669
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
We get a UK car show over here that I must admit I love watching.... Bangers and Cash.
I remembered seeing a White Excalibur on that show featured quite strongly.

I managed to find the relevant Bangers and Cash Excalibur segment on youtube. The actual car was originally bought from new by Roy Orbison no less. Fully authenticated. White with white leather interior

Watch that youtube clip here.... its quite amusing, and the car found a new home with a collector of cars, (with no space problems!) who admits he owns another one as well, a specially made for some Phillipino President 4 seater bulletproof version (with a hardtop ) that weighs 5.5 tons!

Anyway all here is this link: https://youtu.be/BvxF1kqfwP0

THAT IS GREAT, I spent as much time as I could when in the hotel looking for it on. Day my wife and her friend when to The Globe happened to be Bangers and Cash all day so it was excellent. Wish it was on Discovery Plus here, and The Smallest Cog
Old 9 Mar 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4146463)   #670
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
THAT IS GREAT, I spent as much time as I could when in the hotel looking for it on. Day my wife and her friend when to The Globe happened to be Bangers and Cash all day so it was excellent. Wish it was on Discovery Plus here, and The Smallest Cog
We get it on the A&E Channel on Foxtel here in Aus. I love it. I think we are a series behind the UK but its one of the few shows I always watch. They always have interesting cars on and the Excalibur was no exception.
Old 9 Mar 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4146483)   #671
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Just can't explain that.
Old 10 Mar 2023, 00:04 (Ref:4146532)   #672
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's an equipment consent that uses Honda engines in their products
Old 11 Mar 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4146702)   #673
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
This is a series of parking next to large vehicles with a small vehicle on a Friday.
Old 11 Mar 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4146736)   #674
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
This is a series of parking next to large vehicles with a small vehicle on a Friday.
I love that thing. Is it a manual??
Old 11 Mar 2023, 20:16 (Ref:4146737)   #675
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Spotted at Coffee and Cars (beer and cars really as it was at a brewery) with JHamilton.