Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 6 Feb 2003, 09:43 (Ref:498191)   #1
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsor Announcements?

I thought a few teams were supposed to reveal their sponsorship deals during Spring Training, including ASTJ? Have any been announced?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 09:55 (Ref:498202)   #2
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The champcarworldseries.com webmaster just posted many of the cars on the spotters guide. Are all of those cars really painted plain white?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 11:14 (Ref:498262)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That guide is not final - Manning and Vasser for example were testing in painted cars in Spring Training. Come Feb 28 you won't see a single white car I'll bet.

Actually - the cars that are mostly paid for by CART - do they have to show Ford/Bridgestone signage?
Old 6 Feb 2003, 13:28 (Ref:498417)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try looking at the cars to see who the sponsors are !

All cars have to show Ford/Bridgestone sinage. I'm not sure how many teams are getting significant Cart backing, but I dont think it's as much as some people think (otherwise they'd have hired more Atlantic guys rather than people with money). With the exception of possibly ASTJ, I'm pretty sure the rest are just getting Carts ESP thing as announced earlier.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 Feb 2003, 17:22 (Ref:498665)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bridgestone was already in all cars last year, either in the frontal part of the sidepods or just ahead of the rear wheels... Ford is where the engine sponsor usually goes...
Old 6 Feb 2003, 17:30 (Ref:498670)   #6
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
Actually - the cars that are mostly paid for by CART - do they have to show Ford/Bridgestone signage?
All cars show the signage of series sponsors. When Macdaddy becomes a series sponsor, his name will be on all cars.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 18:47 (Ref:498755)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Expect an announcement on my next payday...
Old 6 Feb 2003, 19:33 (Ref:498782)   #8
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look at the NHR cars (Pacific Care and if they stay Lilly), I think you see what Pook-fare signage looks like. The "RAC" sponsored car looks suspiciously similar. These sponsors (add Johnson Controls and Visteon) look like side-pod "title" signage only.

The truly sponosred cars (Player's, Tecate, Herdez, Gigante, and even Corona) have a full paint themes.

It is easy to spot the healthy ones.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 19:55 (Ref:498795)   #9
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the NHR cars are truly sponsored as well. In fact of all the teams receiving CART help, they are probably getting the least (as a % of their overall budget)
Old 6 Feb 2003, 20:05 (Ref:498803)   #10
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russfled,

I didn't say they were getting "0" just that they are not full sponsored. The rumor is Pacific Care really wanted LBGP (and Denver?) as they want to circulate the crowd for direct marketing; but Pook brokered the deal to get signage on the #1 car.

Also Lilly is not yet signed, but I expect they WILL come through, but at a reduced level (hence just on the side pods, no theme). There will be some announcement for this.

I agree, Haas hardly needs the money. And anyway he got a big wad of cash from Toyota for da Matta's contract. In no way did I mean to imply financial insecurity with this team. It aint no PacWest. But it isn't funded at the same level it was with Chevron - that is obvious.

Last edited by sgw2; 6 Feb 2003 at 20:06.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 20:12 (Ref:498807)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well no team is, NHR are no more on the government cheese trail than the other teams are. They're all getting checks from daddy so no team is truly 100% "sponsored"

Dont assume what you see on Bourdais' car at spring training is the final sponsor logos
Old 6 Feb 2003, 22:44 (Ref:498938)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it was common in the IRL to have teams that receive handouts have bogus sponsors (usually of companies Tony George owned) appear on cars overnight, but you won't see that in Cart.

If a car is not fully sposored in Cart, it will not have sponsors on it. It's that simple. And a lot of teams in Spring Training have not put all (or any in some cases) of their sponsors on the cars yet.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 Feb 2003, 22:47 (Ref:498943)   #13
¡As-de-mim!
Veteran

¡As-de-mim! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder which cars are running on the money I have spent on CART in the past few years? And none of your snide remarks will matter to me because you are irrelevant to my life.

Last edited by ¡As-de-mim!; 6 Feb 2003 at 22:51.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 12:58 (Ref:499395)   #14
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they had sponsors, they'd announce 'em and they'd be on the cars for this PR value in Sebring.