Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Sep 2003, 08:09 (Ref:705412)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone Track Invader Gets Off Scott Free

I didn't know where to put this

I cannot believe that the guy (I wont use his name as he doesn't deserve one) is out already..according to the BBC News website he has "No Regrets" and says the hand of god force him to do it...adding that he wasnt planning any more stunts like that...well how the f*** does he know if god made him to do the last.
IMHO anybody that sites god as the reason they do anything that puts the lives of others at risk should be banged up for a very long time
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/3199443.stm
Old 2 Sep 2003, 08:28 (Ref:705426)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2 months? He was never going to get longer than that anyway, IMO. (I move in such circles, BTW). Great picture of the tackle on that link.......
Old 2 Sep 2003, 12:49 (Ref:705636)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Re: Silverstone Track Invader Gets Off Scott Free

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
I didn't know where to put this

adding that he wasnt planning any more stunts like that...
Um correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't part of his defence that he didn't plan to do it in the first place? He just happened to discover a way onto the track and decided to do it?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 12:52 (Ref:705642)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
exactly...not safe
though I do stop someway short of the bullet solution ... maybe medication and help being the more "civilised" approach...it is after all the 21st Century

Last edited by PaulSands; 2 Sep 2003 at 12:53.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 16:03 (Ref:705785)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Care in the community is the current term I believe........

However, I can't say I'm surprised. The lack of sentencing for more serious crimes is a good indication of what can be expected for the less serious ones.

If a burglar who ran from the scene of the crime and by doing so, caused the death of a policeman, is only getting a 12 month suspended sentence, then it's improbable that a nutjob who invaded a race track will get anything at all.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:58 (Ref:706179)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The wonders of the British justice system!

No punishment at all these days, absolute disgrace!

Last edited by paulzinho; 2 Sep 2003 at 22:00.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 22:12 (Ref:706204)   #7
HiRich
Racer

HiRich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I trust that the circuit owners across Britain will request a permanent exclusion order on him (if only as a token gesture)
Old 3 Sep 2003, 10:28 (Ref:706670)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
For your guide, the offence for which he was charged, aggravated tresspass, carries a maximum sentance of three months imprisonment. As the chap has been in custody since the offence was committed, he has served enough time in custody to warrant his release. It is not the fault of the courts if the offence carries such a low sentence! However, his pleading guilty to the charge probably led to the sentence being only 2 months...(it certainly saved me a trip to Northampton!)
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:19 (Ref:706827)   #9
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
For your guide, the offence for which he was charged, aggravated tresspass, carries a maximum sentance of three months imprisonment. As the chap has been in custody since the offence was committed, he has served enough time in custody to warrant his release. It is not the fault of the courts if the offence carries such a low sentence! However, his pleading guilty to the charge probably led to the sentence being only 2 months...(it certainly saved me a trip to Northampton!)

Was it you Stephen that brought him down ? if so bloody well done....you play rugby ?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 12:54 (Ref:706880)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'm a bit surprised by some of the outcries of disgust. If I could play devil's advocate for a sec what exactly did you expect, and more importantly what crime do you think has been committed?

Putting himself in danger? Yes, but that not a crime.
Putting drivers in danger? You could argue they put themselves in danager every time they get into the car.
Making an F1 race interesting? Some would argue he should be rewarded for that.

Seriously though the judge will treat it no different to someone having run onto Centre Court at Wimbledon or onto the pitch during the FA Cup Final. At the end of the day all he did was disrupt a sporting event, it's not as if he was a mass murder or child molester. They are hardly likely to lock him up and throw away the key.

As motorsports fans I know we have a strong interest here but a little persective please.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:02 (Ref:706899)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by TerryK
Was it you Stephen that brought him down ? if so bloody well done....you play rugby ?
Terry, you joined the party late! Yes Stephen (mauler) Green is the man responsible for ruining a great GP.

Er did I get that right Stephen?
Old 3 Sep 2003, 13:58 (Ref:706955)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Just about Peter
Old 3 Sep 2003, 14:01 (Ref:706959)   #13
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Terry, you joined the party late! Yes Stephen (mauler) Green is the man responsible for ruining a great GP.

Er did I get that right Stephen?
Very late......
Old 3 Sep 2003, 14:02 (Ref:706960)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Redshoes has a point. Actually, I was surprised that he spent any time in prison.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 14:30 (Ref:706983)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
He was held on remand pending pchyciatric reports I believe
Old 3 Sep 2003, 15:21 (Ref:707048)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What he did was endanger the lives of drivers who with good reason need not have expected that particular case.

If you want to know what happens when an F1 car hits someone might I refer you to the awful tragedy that befell Tom Pryce.

And if those psychiatric reports gave him the all clear then I suggest the psychiatrists be held on remand pending psychiatric reports.