Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Oct 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2965973)   #51
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the DW more than the 918 RSR
Old 5 Oct 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2966006)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not me. I'm not the greatest porker fan, but at least it looks like a car, not a Buck Rogers toy just unwrapped from under the Xmas tree.....
Old 5 Oct 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2966007)   #53
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoah, atleast the DW is not a hyrbrid
Old 5 Oct 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2966011)   #54
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer V8 powered hybrids over 4banger phalluses....
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2968612)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im damn sure I dont like it !!!

I cant see how it will stay in a straight line . Rear wheels in a groove from traffic and front on the crest . Cant see how it will go around corners and cant see how its safe in a high speed t-bone .

Maybe if they make the front wheel just one unit , outta steel it will be like a road roller and flatten out the crest !!!
Old 18 Nov 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2988248)   #56
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hypothetical question: What happens to the 56th spot if the DW doesn't make it, and the Courage and GreenGT also aren't ready. Will the spot go to the 918 (if they want it) or an additional "real" entry? There seems to be a long list of teams wanting entries next season, so I'm sure the spot could be utilized.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2988250)   #57
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Hypothetical question: What happens to the 56th spot if the DW doesn't make it, and the Courage and GreenGT also aren't ready. Will the spot go to the 918 (if they want it) or an additional "real" entry? There seems to be a long list of teams wanting entries next season, so I'm sure the spot could be utilized.
If the DeltaWing doesn't make it and neither of the other two project make it either, I'd suspect that, when the last of them drops out, the first car on the regular reserve list gets into the big show.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2988365)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My guess too.......
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2988373)   #59
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's still not really sunk in for me that this car will race next year. I just can't visualise it pulling out of that garage and driving up the hill to the Dunlop Chicane.

I'm one of a select few who are looking forward to it.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2988384)   #60
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm relatively indifferent to it, personally, I'd rather see it in action first before making up my mind about it. But you mate... prepare to be burned alive for that comment by everyone else.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:47 (Ref:2988388)   #61
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I'm relatively indifferent to it, personally, I'd rather see it in action first before making up my mind about it. But you mate... prepare to be burned alive for that comment by everyone else.
Haha I think our American friends have found something new to be annoyed about now.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2988395)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I want to see it - for the novelty value - but that's about as far as it goes....
Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2988415)   #63
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the case of a withdrawal, plenty of other competitors are ready to take the place no noise and no pollution guaranted :http://www.24heuresvelo.fr/clients/v...m/dsc_0335.jpg
Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:37 (Ref:2988416)   #64
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's still not really sunk in for me that this car will race next year. I just can't visualise it pulling out of that garage and driving up the hill to the Dunlop Chicane.

I don't know why you use such terminology as "pulling out" when referencing the DW. Are you suggesting that it will have endurance problems? Oh my!

Freud would have trouble believing that you can't imagine what the DW would be like at the Dunlop Chicane. Well, at least the Dunlop Bridge. Here's some images (well, ones that won't get me banned at least!) that might inspire the imagery you're looking for.

The Delta Wing Pulling into the pits:

The Delta Wing Having an Off at Maison Blanche:

The DeltaWing heads for the Dunlop Bridge:

Old 19 Nov 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2988897)   #65
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im damn sure I dont like it !!!

I cant see how it will stay in a straight line . Rear wheels in a groove from traffic and front on the crest . Cant see how it will go around corners and cant see how its safe in a high speed t-bone .

Maybe if they make the front wheel just one unit , outta steel it will be like a road roller and flatten out the crest !!!
It uses an LMP1 tub which is larger than a single seaters, when you look closer at the car it's not as small as some imagine.