Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4165694)   #1451
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
For obvious reasons they don’t, but if they could it would be nice if camera phones did match actual cameras!
They'd probably need to be this big!
Attached Thumbnails
Phone.jpg  
Old 27 Jun 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4165696)   #1452
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci Peter!

As to camera phones I find they are very poor may be Iphones are better than others but really not sure. Why should they because those are phones after all! And good news a good picture is often from a good photographer. I had several mates professionals and some were able to make "filés" using a 6x6 camera. François Beau for example or Philippe Azemberger. Chapeau l'artiste.
Old 27 Jun 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4165715)   #1453
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They'd probably need to be this big!
Nice piece of kit.
Old 28 Jun 2023, 01:34 (Ref:4165734)   #1454
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's nice to know even with the advent of camera phones, that nothing matches actual cameras.
For the ‘scenic’ and static stuff, my iPhone is great but the limitations quickly show if you try to use one for cars on track. For video, however, my iPhone is pretty decent. Certainly a lot better than the camcorder I used a few years back.
Old 28 Jun 2023, 08:08 (Ref:4165743)   #1455
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Nice piece of kit.
The Motorola I used worked absolutely flawlessly. But with c 7 kilos it was more portable than mobile… Was glad to have the costs supported by my company because in France the price of each call was skyhight! I've in mind the first one…
Old 28 Jun 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4165755)   #1456
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect phone cameras will always be limited by having lenses barely a centimetre in diameter, whereas the most basic compact camera has a much greater area of 'glass' (let alone the size of SLR lenses).
Old 28 Jun 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4165759)   #1457
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I suspect phone cameras will always be limited by having lenses barely a centimetre in diameter, whereas the most basic compact camera has a much greater area of 'glass' (let alone the size of SLR lenses).
Well that is there problem atm and will probably well be for some time. The advantage of the phones is you can whip it out at anytime, but for proper photography, cameras still rule.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4165872)   #1458
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As LM 2023 is now done and dusted and the thread has wandered well off-topic, it's now closed. The 2024 'WIG' thread is open and available.....