Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2023, 20:06 (Ref:4190422)   #1676
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I'm anti antis, they wreck our world.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 20:34 (Ref:4190424)   #1677
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Impossible, with no MOT it can't be taxed thus it would be illegal.
And yet, that car remained on the road legally for the entire period?
Old 31 Dec 2023, 21:10 (Ref:4190425)   #1678
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It remained on the road. Different thing.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 21:47 (Ref:4190430)   #1679
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And yet, that car remained on the road legally for the entire period?

I presume you have some knowledge of this Insignia, so you presumably know the facts, but I can think of several ways it can happen - apart from just being driven illegally.....

Car could have had a plate transfer (and subsequent reversion) so MOT wouldn't show against original number.

Car could have been outside UK - it isn't unknown for people to run cars outside UK without renewing UK MOT and Tax......just like there are many non-UK reg cars running around over here. It ain't legal but is mostly filed in the "too much hassle" box by authorities.

Car could have had replacement speedo head unit, and actually have been off the road for a prolonged period......

Reverting to the original E10EFL issue, there is definitely something wrong with the DVLA / DVSA records - one clearly shows the 2016 reg car as MOT'd, whereas the other shows it having had no MOT. Both can't be right
Old 31 Dec 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4190431)   #1680
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It remained on the road. Different thing.
Driven on the road, almost daily, for the entire period. Fully legally.

As posted, there are many ways it can happen and the MOT record doesn't always tell the full story.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4190432)   #1681
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

Reverting to the original E10EFL issue, there is definitely something wrong with the DVLA / DVSA records - one clearly shows the 2016 reg car as MOT'd, whereas the other shows it having had no MOT. Both can't be right
It's a case of public and private databases taking a while to sync.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4190434)   #1682
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hold on. The DVLA is the public database. There's a private one?
Old 31 Dec 2023, 22:04 (Ref:4190435)   #1683
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, this member of the advance party downunder is well into the New Year and has just completed the traditional first English Breakfast of the year, so just to wish you all a Happy, Healthy Safe Peaceful and Prosperous 2024.

Old 31 Dec 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4190438)   #1684
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Hold on. The DVLA is the public database. There's a private one?
The DVLA deals with licences, while the DVSA deals with standards.
Both will maintain separate public and private databases regarding vehicles registered in the UK.
Some vehicles will not appear on one (or both) public databases. Examples include vehicles registered to Govt entities.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4190439)   #1685
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know how.it works, all I know is the .gov database for my car was updated and I knew it had passed its MIT before the garage rang to tell me. So IDK what's going on.

And yes re the "anti global warming" faux pas - whoops mea culpa Sorry, sloppy wording. I promise to do better in 2024.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2023, 23:29 (Ref:4190445)   #1686
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I don't know how.it works, all I know is the .gov database for my car was updated and I knew it had passed its MIT before the garage rang to tell me. So IDK what's going on.
That’s one clever car to graduate from MIT.

(Sorry, I promise to do better too)
Quote:
And yes re the "anti global warming" faux pas - whoops mea culpa Sorry, sloppy wording. I promise to do better in 2024.
happy new year.

Let’s hope 2024 gives us more government database entertainment. Sorry I meant less.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 23:44 (Ref:4190447)   #1687
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That’s one clever car to graduate from MIT.

(Sorry, I promise to do better too)

happy new year.

Let’s hope 2024 gives us more government database entertainment. Sorry I meant less.
QED! I *really* need to learn to proof read in 2024

Can't even blame the alcohol.....sat here watching TV with a cup o' tea!

Old 1 Jan 2024, 00:04 (Ref:4190450)   #1688
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is officially 2024 in Central Bedfordshire so may I wish all of you ...

A Very Happy, blessed, peaceful, and successful New Year.
Old 1 Jan 2024, 00:41 (Ref:4190455)   #1689
midgetman
Veteran

Yes Happy New Year one and all, it really is 2024 here in Bromham too!

Another one for your connections quiz Bob - there's a Bromham not too far from you as well!

Old 1 Jan 2024, 00:48 (Ref:4190457)   #1690
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hours to go here. Although we’ve just wished our Bedford mates happy new year.

Happy New Year